REMEMBER vETERANS dAY

Description of your first forum.
glenn/dallas

REMEMBER vETERANS dAY

Postby glenn/dallas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm

It was 54 years ago I left dallas Texas to join the USN. It was one of the most life changing things I did in my life. I have lots and lots of fond memories and of course a few negative ones as well. My last six months were in Vietnam, where most of the negative memories are from, I have had lifetime friends from over there I also lost a few buddies(brothers) over there. On this Veterand Day I think about a lot of "what if's". What if they had all made it back, what if I had not. The list is long and some of it is rather hard to remember, yes, even after this long. Today, and a lot of others too, I remember all I served with, as well as those that served before and after me. My wish is that someday we have no young men or women in harms way anywhere in the world. I SALUTE ALL VETERANS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

millergrovesue

Re: REMEMBER vETERANS dAY

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Yes, I think we all reflect in one way or another. I always have said had I been male I would have headed to Canada. Don't know if I would have had the courage but I certainly saw the hopelessness of that war. I've also thought a lot, over the years, of guys I knew who went to war and how much some were changed when they returned. One guy I dated before he went over there married a woman right before he left. While he was gone she sold all his belongings and divorced him. He came back a completely different man and a big time doper. Another I dated after he came back told me the thing that scared him the most was how much he came to enjoy killing. Scary stuff.

Bob was fortunate not to be on the front lines or even in country. He was serving either in Alaska or the Phillippines.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Return to “Your first forum”