Trump's Model Deportation Program-Operation Wetback

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Trump's Model Deportation Program-Operation Wetback

Postby planosteve » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:52 am

Mr. Trump, who has stirred up so much enthusiasm for mass deportations, is now offering what he evidently regards as an exemplary template: the far more modest but still massively cruel round-’em-up-and-throw-’em-out program carried out, mainly in the summer of 1954, under the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

In fact, his view is grotesquely ahistorical. The deportations in 1954 probably didn’t amount to more than a few hundred thousand, though Mr. Trump said they “moved 1.5 million illegal immigrants out of this country.” Even his wildly exaggerated figure is a fraction of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants now in the United States, who have much deeper roots, and live in communities far more geographically scattered, than their mid-century counterparts.

Moreover, the deportations in the 1950s took place with the active collaboration of the Mexican government, which wanted to repatriate a major supply of cheap labor that had migrated north. It is Trumpian fantasy run amok to imagine that Mexican authorities today would be so cooperative in an undertaking that would be seen as inhumane and, given the importance of remittances, economically disadvantageous.

Perhaps most salient, Operation Wetback was a disgraceful episode that involved inhumane treatment of Mexican migrants, an unknown number of whom died or were sickened by being forcibly relocated and in many cases deposited in sweltering, remote locations with little food or water. One observer depicted “indescribable scenes of human misery and tragedy.” A historian compared the forced journeys to that of an 18th-century slave ship.

What little sense entered the GOP debate on this issue came from Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who called advocacy of mass deportations “silly” and juvenile, and former Florida governor Jeb Bush, who put his finger on the problem precisely. “It’s not embracing American values,” Mr. Bush said. “And it would tear communities apart, and it would send a signal that we’re not the kind of country that I know America is.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-inspiration-for-mr-trumps-immigration-policy-is-an-inhumane-plan-from-the-1950s/2015/11/11/61a8628e-88bd-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Re: Trump's Model Deportation Program-Operation Wetback

Postby GFB » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:26 am

"It would tear communities apart."

Communities of lawbreakers. They need to be torn apart.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:26 am

I thank my parents for their vote for IKE . I was about 4 years old when Ike was elected but because of Ike and his operation I had excellent blue collar employment at good wages all of my life . There were also other advantages like a single paycheck being enough to raise a family while MOM raised kids . Ike's cleaning up the USA made the USA a more homogenous country full of Americans and that was nice through my school years and early adulthood . Ike was a good American President that enforced sovereignty and borders !! I would like to see the TRUMP emulate Ike's operation Steve !!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:50 am

Republicans are cutting their own throats if they support Trumps immigration plan.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 am

@#$% rinos and the gop Steve !! Some of you guys are just rooting for rinos like a sports team no matter what they will do with their acts of love and compassionate conservatism . Go TRUMP !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:57 am

I'm a Conservative , not a rino repub gop'er Steve !!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:01 am

ralph wrote:I'm a Conservative , not a rino repub gop'er Steve !!

Not in my opinion. I don't consider anyone who supports fiat money and centralized banking, a conservative. Immigration policy has nothing to do with it.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:03 am

Wiat-----------Trump will be deporting models??????? Where will he find his next wife?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 am

planosteve wrote:

Not in my opinion. I don't consider anyone who supports fiat money and centralized banking, a conservative. Immigration policy has nothing to do with it.

different issue as I roll me eyes Steve . :roll: --- many times on this board i have extolled the virtues of owning a portion of gold , silver . Sure , i work in the obvious current economy same as most everyone else . Thread is about immigration and specifically TRUMPS advertised immigration policy !!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:59 pm

ralph wrote:
planosteve wrote:

different issue as I roll me eyes Steve . :roll: --- many times on this board i have extolled the virtues of owning a portion of gold , silver . Sure , i work in the obvious current economy same as most everyone else . Thread is about immigration and specifically TRUMPS advertised immigration policy !!

It was about immigration until you brought it up.
I'm a Conservative , not a rino repub gop'er Steve !!

Return to “Your first forum”