The new generation

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

The new generation

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 am

They are labeled "Millennial's", I'm sure they like that moniker.

I have a more apropos name for them "The Pansies". Wonder if that would create a stampede to their "safe place"

In that safe space, where its all sunshine and lollipops, is not a safe space for anyone who might defer to common sense. That safe space is the spot where The Pansies can be aggressive toward anyone who might be an individual.Say a student journalist who only wanted a story, but instead was ridiculed and ultimately had hands laid on him to show he was causing The Pansies to be un-safe, then the horror of an Asian student proclaiming they should be not judged by the color of their skin, but the content of their soul, yeah, that didn't go over too well either, get that hate speech out of our safe place.

Five years from now little Sam or Susie safe place is going to face an irate customer at the Starbucks where the earn $15.00 an hour, because no sane company would hire them. What then Susie or Sam? Retreat to the safe spot and be fired for stupidity or suck it up and realize that life is not the bubble wrapped world you wanted?

Thanks to the parents and college's for creating this mess for not wanting these special little snowflakes to have hurt feelings because they can't handle an opinion that differs from their own, you've done a bang up job in helping sprout the pansy generation.

I just offended myself, going to the safe space now.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

grouchy

Re: The new generation

Postby grouchy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:41 am

Yep, pretty much true. Ultimately it is the fault of their parents and grandparents.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:51 am

I heard a caller to Mark Davis this morning suggest that we could solve the immigration problem and the student loan problem at the same time by having college students work off their loans doing the non-skilled labor currently going to immigrants/undocumented workers.

It's probably an unworkable idea, but can you imagine millenials spending the summer picking up garbage along the highways?

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:57 am

Bravo Steve! You've hit the nail on the head.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:50 am

I'd pay money to watch someone call either of my kids "pansies" although that money would probably be better spent on a legal retainer...

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:27 am

I've been saying for years that I should have skipped college and gone to air conditioning repair school.

I think people in service industry jobs are going to make a killing because "these kids today" don't know how to do anything themselves except post selfies. And even if they do, they would rather pay somebody else to do it so that they've got more time to post selfies.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:35 am

BigTex wrote:I've been saying for years that I should have skipped college and gone to air conditioning repair school.

I think people in service industry jobs are going to make a killing because "these kids today" don't know how to do anything themselves except post selfies. And even if they do, they would rather pay somebody else to do it so that they've got more time to post selfies.

I worked as an AC installer in college; that's how I got spending money. I was offered a full time job when I graduated. It wasn't that I didn't love the work or my boss; I did. I just had that stupid just graduated from college outlook that I had to go find a job to match my degree. Mistake #1; I went into the banking industry, while I had success, the industry changed, and I wasted 17 years.

Unfortunately, the AC company closed about a year after I left; he was a GE dealer, and GE exited the AC business. On a corporate level, GE sold the business to Trane; and as Trane already had a larger, more established AC contractor in Seguin, my boss was sh** out of luck.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 am

One of the many great things about life is that we have choices in careers that are almost unlimited by age or income. Sometimes we make the conscious choice and sometimes the choice seems to just happen. I've had probably 10 professions 2 of which I took up after the age of 40. Nothing's over till you are dead.

I'm not going to whine and moan about "these kids today" because I see many who don't fit the negative molds.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:28 am

BigTex wrote:I've been saying for years that I should have skipped college and gone to air conditioning repair school.

actually the Mexicans are taking over the service business

truep

Postby truep » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:25 am

I went to college (USF) for a year, worked at anything I could find ( not much when you were 1-A draft status in '64), went into the army in '65 got out in 68 and started working. I've had many jobs that "required" a degree. My experience and love of electronics got me in to Computers and telecom by 71. I made good money for the times, more than most of my collage graduate friends. In the later years in sales, I was making a nice 6 figure income. IMHO, Hard work, attitude, and networking are more important than being taught to be a liberal in college!

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:35 am

I blame the parents more than the colleges. The parents have a responsibility to prepare the kids for the ridiculous college environment. My kid did her six years in college, got her work done, and got the hell out. She didn't waste any of her time with useless course studies, either. Her degrees are in math. She didn't buy into any of the college campus nonsense. She knew she was surrounded by idiots. She used to call me and tell me about some of the silly protests on campus by this group or that group. She laughed in their faces.

She now has a great job and is taking care of herself just fine.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:43 am

I'd like to ask some of these people who are complaining that they can't survive on minimum wage if they have considered joining the military.

No prerequisite skills required, regular paycheck, room and board provided, free healthcare, chance to learn a marketable skill, post-service educational opportunities . . .

Damn near utopian by liberal standards.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:09 pm

I'd like to ask them if they are aware that no one is supposed to be able to survive on minimum wage.

They are entry level low or no skill jobs for teenagers or others that are starting out. At some point you acquire skills or an education..and you move up.

If you don't, well..that's ok, too..but that's on you.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Return to “Your first forum”