Pete Rose will be inducted

Description of your first forum.
Ric

Pete Rose will be inducted

Postby Ric » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 pm

The Cincinnati Redlegs, thumbing their noses and flipping the bird to MLB, are going to induct Pete Rose into their own HOF this Summer...incredible.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14600 ... -hall-fame
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

BigTex

Re: Pete Rose will be inducted

Postby BigTex » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 pm

What kind of odds is Pete getting whether or not he will show for the ceremony?

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Come on MLB get off your high horse and put him in the HOF where he belongs because of his baseball stats. He just got caught doing what probably dozens are doing that you haven't found out about yet.

Ric

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 am

tx3653 wrote:Come on MLB get off your high horse and put him in the HOF where he belongs because of his baseball stats. He just got caught doing what probably dozens are doing that you haven't found out about yet.

The great Johnny Bench, a true Hall of Famer, revealed during All Star Week that the commissioner had commissioned not one, not two, but three committees all structured to get Rose back in good graces.
The arrogant man would have none of being a lackey to the MLB Commissioner. In all three instances, all Pete had to do was admit what he had done regarding gambling on Baseball games he was involved in (something he has since done... )and he refused to do so. THAT's when his teammate (Bench), who served on all of the committees, twice directly, once as an ambassador/consultant.. washed his hands of the matter.
Pete Rose would have been reinstated, and his eligibility restored except for his own narcissism....
He made his bed.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 am

Ric wrote:
tx3653 wrote:Come on MLB get off your high horse and put him in the HOF where he belongs because of his baseball stats. He just got caught doing what probably dozens are doing that you haven't found out about yet.

The great Johnny Bench, a true Hall of Famer, revealed during All Star Week that the commissioner had commissioned not one, not two, but three committees all structured to get Rose back in good graces.
The arrogant man would have none of being a lackey to the MLB Commissioner. In all three instances, all Pete had to do was admit what he had done regarding gambling on Baseball games he was involved in (something he has since done... )and he refused to do so. THAT's when his teammate (Bench), who served on all of the committees, twice directly, once as an ambassador/consultant.. washed his hands of the matter.
Pete Rose would have been reinstated, and his eligibility restored except for his own narcissism....
He made his bed.

I saw something about this a few weeks ago. It sounds like what Pete did was some serious stuff. And he won't admit to any of it. I hope he never ends up in the HOF.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 pm

I have enjoyed watching him twist and suffer all of these years. Hope he never gets in.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Perhaps I don't appreciate what "hall of fame" means to some..but if it meant I had to admit being a criminal or highly unethical person to get in there..yeah, I think I'd say "no thanks" as well.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Ric

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:34 pm

GFB wrote:Perhaps I don't appreciate what "hall of fame" means to some..but if it meant I had to admit being a criminal or highly unethical person to get in there..yeah, I think I'd say "no thanks" as well.

I would fall short, too. But Rose had a chance to restore his integrity. He chose not to. It's not like he was gonna be arrested for betting on Baseball. But, even in recent months, when this new commissioner lightened the weight on Rose, and let him participate in the All Star Ceremonies.. hell he even exposed us to Pete's pontificating on Fox broadcasts on post game shows.. and he still wasn't forthcoming with the Commish. He is still an embarrasment to himself and the game that he played better than anyone else in his era.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:46 pm

I wonder if Ray Fosse thinks he should be in the HOF.

Ric

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Heh. I doubt it.

Return to “Your first forum”