travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Description of your first forum.
ralph

travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:13 pm

warning on even Bicycling and even walking because its so 'cold' and windy . Heck blizzards were my favorite time to go to work as all you'd do was ride the trains , clean needed switches and climb back into the Locomotive and eat a sammich . I made lots of money working that overtime . ---------------- --- Also , New Jersey governor 'christy' saying , just stay inside and stay safe and shelter in place !! And after the blizzard we'd be out in 40 - 50 below zero fixing things that couldn't be fixed in the blizzard . My , how times are changing in the Land of the Free !!

grouchy

Re: travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Postby grouchy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Really?

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:04 pm

listen to FOX but probably on other stations Grouchy !! I woulda posted a link but haven't looked yet but I may . Not surprised though , heck , they shut down Boston because of one imported muslim with a gun a few years back . -------- shelter in place !! :lol:

Ric

Postby Ric » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:07 pm

I believe, in this case, that the city's warnings will save multiple lives.... hoping that very few have the same attitude as you do toward public safety.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:14 pm

heck , I'd be out riding one of my Triumphs or old BEE'ZERS in a blizzard or the RUPP snow machine down to Walhstroms to drink the bottomless coffee cups during a good blizzard . Guys would also be racing the cars on US41 until or if the cops showed up . Then , if on the RUPP a guy could just go through waist deep snow to have a smoke and watch the action from safety .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Ric wrote:I believe, in this case, that the city's warnings will save multiple lives.... hoping that very few have the same attitude as you do toward public safety.

------------------------------ :lol: !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:18 pm

its just training of the HERD . As I was growing up the attitude then was that people over the age of 12 or so or at least out of sight of Mom could and did take their chances Ric .

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:32 pm

From Luis Martinez writing at ABC News:

The snowstorm bearing down on the nation’s capital is not stopping the small group of soldiers who continually stand guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery. Much as they did during Superstorm Sandy in 2012, Tomb Sentinels will brave the elements to continue guarding the hallowed memorial.

Since April 6, 1948, Tomb Sentinels from the Army’s 3rd Infantry Regiment’s “The Old Guard”have guarded the Tomb for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year regardless of the weather.

“These guys will be out in the snow, no matter what,” said Major Russell Fox, a spokesman for the Army’s Old Guard. “They love what they’re doing and they’re dedicated.”

And while the rest of Washington may be dreading the storm, Fox said “a lot of the guys are looking forward to this and kind of excited about it.”
It's a joke son,I say a joke

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:53 pm

the old 'can do' or duty calls attitude , the HERD or Safety First attitude would be , oh no , its cold and my toes may tingle as I guard a tomb . ------------------------------------ As my comment about me , well , I'd prefer to do as I like and take my chances !! Nothing nicer than being out and about driving my Datsun B210 down M28 between Marquette and Munising Michigan driving alongside a riled up Lake Superior blizzard with no safety net or cell phone in 1970 something !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Ric wrote:I believe, in this case, that the city's warnings will save multiple lives.... hoping that very few have the same attitude as you do toward public safety.

------------------------------------------- and Warnings , well warning are cool but people are being TOLD not to travel Ric !!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:32 pm

The city's just protecting itself. If people are injured or killed as a result of the hazardous conditions, somebody will blame the public safety officials for not issuing adequate warning. Lawsuits ahoy.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Sure , agreed , there is always a reason to herd in the HERD in the Land of the Free BT !!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Hell, they put up barricades to keep people from driving into deep water during floods and what happens? People drive around the barricades and get washed away.

Did you see the picture earlier this week of the guy in Plano who drove around a barricade and got stuck in wet cement?

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:39 pm

ralph wrote:Sure , agreed , there is always a reason to herd in the HERD in the Land of the Free BT !!

You're free to be as stupid as you want to be. But rescue assets should not have to be diverted to take care of some yahoo who just wants to "assert his rights."

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:47 pm

that not whats being announced on FOX as they announce that those traveling about will be arrested BT . Probably includes a Stop and a Frisk and then an arrest and warning to not eat too much salt or drink too big a slurpy BT !!!!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:52 pm

ralph wrote:that not whats being announced as they announce that those traveling about will be arrested BT , probably includes a Stop and then a Frisk !!

Because if they get in trouble they will tie up rescue vehicles that are needed elsewhere. If you get caught going out for a pack of smokes you should be arrested, if they have warned you that is what will happen.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:56 pm

like I said , there is ALWAYS a reason to herd the HERD . As another example , wait till they operate on the Second Amendment for , public safety of course , in the Land of the FREE !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:02 pm

and , NO peanuts in school or on airplanes and you can't smoke in your privately owned restaurant or bar , off topic examples of herding the HERD . And wear your motorcycle helmet and use your seatbelt in the Land of the FREE !! ------------- off topic post !! ------------------- and Americans should make sure that they make their MANDATED payment on their Obamacare' or else !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:18 pm

BigTex wrote:Hell, they put up barricades to keep people from driving into deep water during floods and what happens? People drive around the barricades and get washed away.

Did you see the picture earlier this week of the guy in Plano who drove around a barricade and got stuck in wet cement?

just saw the post , dumb guy will PAY the price I guess !!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:28 pm

ralph wrote:
BigTex wrote:Hell, they put up barricades to keep people from driving into deep water during floods and what happens? People drive around the barricades and get washed away.

just saw the post , dumb guy will PAY the price I guess !!

Actually, it wasn't that much.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Return to “Your first forum”