"It's important that you get along"

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

"It's important that you get along"

Postby BigTex » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 am

Tell me again how Trump is different. Any other candidate would be called a RINO for making the same statement.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump used a Tuesday appearance on MSNBC to tout the fact that, as president, he would work with Democratic leaders in Congress to get things done.

He specifically talked about House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and asserted he was “close” to Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is expected to replace outgoing Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)

“I’ve always had a good relationship with Nancy Pelosi. I’ve never had a problem. Reid will be gone,” Trump said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Tuesday. He continued:

I always had a decent relationship with Reid, although lately, obviously, I haven’t been dealing with him, so he’ll actually use my name as the ultimate — you know, as the ultimate of the billionaires in terms of, you know, people you don’t want. I always had a great relationship with Harry Reid and frankly, if I weren’t running for office I would be able to deal with her or Reid or anybody. But I think I’d be able to get along very well with Nancy Pelosi and just about everybody.

Trump went on to speak well of Schumer, saying, “I’ll be able to get along well with Chuck Schumer — I was always very good with Schumer. I was close to Schumer in many ways. It’s important that you get along.”

Since 1996, Trump has contributed more than $10,000 to Schumer’s campaigns for House and Senate, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

He took a shot at his leading Republican primary opponent, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, for not getting along with other members of Congress.

“It’s wonderful to say you’re a maverick and you’re going to stand up and close up the country and all of the things, but you have to get somebody to go along with you,” Trump said. “You have a lot of people. We have a system. The founders created the system that actually is a very good system. It does work, but it can’t work if you can get nobody to go along with you. That’s the problem that you have with Ted Cruz. He is a guy that nobody likes and nobody trusts, and he is a nasty guy. He says things that are very nasty. So I have to be nastier than him. It’s just one of those things.”

John In Austin

Re: "It's important that you get along"

Postby John In Austin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:12 am

The only reason to reach across the aisle is to break a Democrat's face. We don't need to get along with them we need to eliminate their ideas from the face of the earth for the good of humanity.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:25 am

well , maybe all of this will help the Cruz . I myself dislike Trump saying that he will build a border wall with a big door in it !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 am

This was Trump's biggest gaff to date.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 am

gotta wait and , I'll still support Trump over any of the others except for Cruz .

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:21 am

When Washington gets along, America loses.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

By popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

Return to “Your first forum”