Peanut, The New "World's Ugliest Dog"

Description of your first forum.
Bob Of Burleson

Peanut, The New "World's Ugliest Dog"

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Gawker.com

Peanut, a 2-year-old mutt, competed against 29 other garbage dump dogs to win the coveted title of the Sonoma-Marin Fair's "World's Ugliest Dog." Congratulations, Peanut! You little monster!

The dogs were scored by a three-judge panel—composed of Brian Sobel, a member of the fair board, San Francisco Giants' in-game television reporter Amy Gutierrez, and Good Morning America's Cameron Mathison—based on special or unusual attributes, personality, and "natural ugliness." Peanut was the runaway favorite in the just-for-fun online poll, and was crowned the winner on Friday night.

Peanut, who is described by the AP as sweet and energetic, lived in an animal shelter for nine months before he found a home. He was seriously burned as a puppy, and his owner, Holly Chandler of Greenville, North Carolina, hopes that his win raises awareness. She said, "We're trying to use him as a poster child for what can happen to animals who are abused."

Chandler plans to use the $1,500 prize to pay for other animals' veterinary bills.

MORE

Houston

Re: Peanut, The New "World's Ugliest Dog"

Postby Houston » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:34 am

kinda looks like Hillary on the campaign trail.
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:04 am

I don't think they should allow dogs suffering from fire and other injuries in the contest.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Bob Of Burleson wrote:I don't think they should allow dogs suffering from fire and other injuries in the contest.

+1

I'll have to say, that is one ugly dog.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Return to “Your first forum”