Mark, we want to hear about the wedding

Description of your first forum.
ann jusko

Mark, we want to hear about the wedding

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:17 am

When you can, I'm anxious to hear about the wedding. Pictures would be great, too.

Mark

Re: Mark, we want to hear about the wedding

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:57 am

Here is a pic I lifted from FB. We won't have any of the photos from the photographer for another week or so....

Our original photographer landed in ICU Wednesday night with what they thought was heart failure. She has since been diagnosed with a viral infection of the heart muscle, and she is now recovering. Donna called an old friend that she worked with back when she was a kid at Hennington's in Wolfe City. He came through for us. His plans were to leave with his family to go to Destin Saturday evening. He postponed that trip until Sunday so he could do this wedding. He will finish everything up and get us the photos when he returns. We will have ownership of all of the photos, which I understand isn't always a given with all photographers.

That photographer crisis was probably our biggest crisis in the days leading up to the wedding. We found out about the issue early Thursday morning, and had it solved by Thursday afternoon.

Anyway, here is the grainy pic of the bride and groom I lifted from FB....
Attachments
Kaci and Dustin.jpg
Kaci and Dustin.jpg (66.6 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 am

:D

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Nice photo. Good looking kids.
Every wedding has to have some trauma.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:25 am

Awwww, Kaci looks so beautiful and happy! The groom is handsome....what a great looking couple! I've loved hearing of Kaci's journey in her studies and her music. She is a daughter to be so proud of. Are they going to live in Rockwall? So happy that Donna's friend could step in and get the photos.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:54 am

ann jusko wrote:Awwww, Kaci looks so beautiful and happy! The groom is handsome....what a great looking couple! I've loved hearing of Kaci's journey in her studies and her music. She is a daughter to be so proud of. Are they going to live in Rockwall? So happy that Donna's friend could step in and get the photos.

They will live in Rockwall near the high school for the next year, then consider buying a house. We haven't really had a conversation about it, but I believe they will probably settle in either Rockwall or Forney. They really like Rockwall.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:14 am

I'm glad for that, Mark. The ability to get to different areas is a plus (IF they EVER get I 30 finished!) I've come to the realization that staying with one company isn't the way to go any more. I've watched my son moving on for more money. It's worked very well for him. I don't know how he remains friends with his former employers, but he does. They call him for advice. Right now he's in Phoenix. He was offered a job for $40,000 a year more than he was getting. But the same company is headquartered here and he'll be on his way back in a month or so. I think the story is very funny. Mike did not know that the owner expected Mike to drive him around Rockwall (the guy lives in Los Colinis S?). Mike flew in from Phoenix on Spirit, rented a car and came to stay with us. So, he has to go to Los Colinis and pick up the owner. The owner was a little startled at the car he rented (a $20 a day, Yaris). So they take off for Rockwall. Mike was on planning and zoning for Rockwall for years. So they walk in and everyone is "Hey Mike!" The owner says "How do you know all these people?" They did the rounds for three days. The owner said to Mike "You fly Spirit? You rent a $20 a day car and you're staying with your parents? You do know you're a manager, right?" Mike said "Just saving the company money..."

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 am

Forney is growing like mad, Mark. It's getting new shops and yet, my favorite old Forney lamp factory is still there. I love talking to the owner. I don't get over there often, but really enjoy Forney. It just reminds me of the growth in Rockwall so much. Heath has stuff like a spa, a fancy, but small gym but no industry to speak of. I just don't want them approving smaller lots. I will go and protest that!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:48 am

A good looking young couple !

I am a never Hillaryite!

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:43 am

The kids left for their honeymoon yesterday. They were to drive to a hotel south of Houston to stay last night, and then to Galveston this morning to get checked in for a cruise to the Bahamas. We got the call about 6:20 yesterday evening. They were stranded in Rice with car trouble. They were in Kaci's Jeep Compass. The "transmission temp" light came on and then it either quit pulling or the car started losing (or cutting) power. They were stopped at a Shell station and Sonic in Rice.

So we had to get to work on getting my trailer ready to take down there. I never sold my race car trailer when I sold out all of my racing stuff, just because of events like this one. The trailer had been sitting in the same spot for the past 18 months. I had to find the key to the hitch lock. The trailer's battery (used for the winch and the jack) was dead, so I had to take one of the batteries from the camper to use on the trailer. Once I was finally hooked to the trailer, I had to back the trailer in the shop so I could put air in the trailer tires, the rear truck tires, and the truck's air bags. The tag on the trailer was expired, so I had to put on the new one, which had been sitting on our desk for the past 15 months. Then we had to get Donna's car loaded on the trailer and tied down.

We were finally on the road at 8:00. My Garmin took us down 19 through Canton and Mabank and Cedar Creek Lake. We finally made it to Rice at 10:00. We got Donna's car unloaded and had the kids back on the road at 10:20. We got Kaci's car loaded on the trailer, got a quick bite to eat at the Sonic there, and headed back home. I didn't want to take the same route back home, so we went up 45 to Ennis, and then took 34 all the way to Greenville. We made it back home at 1:00. The kids made it to their hotel at 1:30.

I am getting ready to take the car to Donna's dealership in Paris this morning. The Jeep is leaking some kind of oil on the trailer. I didn't spend much time investigating that last night. Donna's already talked to her service manager from that dealership, and he said the problem is probably either the transmission cooler, or some kind of valve. He said both are common problems. I'm not a big fan of the CVT transmission in this Jeep, but it never gave any trouble on all of her trips to and from Austin, so I will not complain.

I guess the kids will have a story to tell their kids about their honeymoon. They were stuck there at that Shell/Sonic for about 4 hours. I think they made some new friends playing that Pokemon Go game. Yes they're doing that, but I'll not complain about that, either. These are good kids. One of my friends is trying to bring his daughter back from a heroin addiction. What do I have to complain about?

FlashM

Postby FlashM » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:11 am

Superhero Dad to the Rescue! What a story these kids will have!
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:49 am

Oh goodness! What a time for car trouble but Dad and Mom to the rescue. Some of those navigation systems get a little wonky sometimes. I know mine does occasionally. Kaci is blessed to have a Dad than can "get it done", for sure. One in a hundred or more would have a trailer and a plan!

Return to “Your first forum”