Bucket List

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Bucket List

Postby crocmommy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Dealing with my mom has got me thinking about some of the things I'd like to do while i'm active and in good health. I still need to go to Hawaii for one thing. Another thing I really want to do is have my own place on the Texas Gulf Coast, preferably Padre Island. Not sure if I'd live there full time but I would like a place.

Anything on your list?

grouchy

Re: Bucket List

Postby grouchy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:45 pm

I would like to take Tanner and Trey on an elk hunt.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:52 pm

I want to go Brown Bear hunting and buy the half section that joins my place out West.

I am a never Hillaryite!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:01 pm

The bucket list is like bucket seats. Not everybody has the same size bucket.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:49 am

Another one I forgot....I would still like to go to Switzerland. That was the one place my grandmother enjoyed so much that she told me I should go. So I assume it must be quite breathtaking. Anyone here been there?? Maybe Greg??

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 am

Yes, a few times..mostly the cities.

Zurich, Geneva, Wintherthur, Lugano..and a few others.

I do remember the area around Lugano was pretty amazing, but since I'm almost always in the cities, I don't always see the best of the scenery.

I've seen more of Austria. We've driven around that country much more than we have in Switzerland.

The Austrian countryside looks like someone landscaped every inch of it.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:30 pm

GFB wrote:Yes, a few times..mostly the cities.

I do remember the area around Lugano was pretty amazing, but since I'm almost always in the cities, I don't always see the best of the scenery.

I've seen more of Austria. We've driven around that country much more than we have in Switzerland.

So what is on your bucket list Greg? There's got to be something...

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:09 pm

crocmommy wrote:
GFB wrote:Yes, a few times..mostly the cities.

So what is on your bucket list Greg? There's got to be something...

Honestly, not a thing.

What I want for my future is continued good health for my wife and I..and for things to go well for us in terms of finances, too..the rest will fall into place.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:15 pm

I have been to Switzerland twice. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the mountains.

We took a wonderful trip on The Glacier Express. It is a trip through the Alps, along the French border, then Italian border.
We were in Zermat, a village that is at the base of the Matterhorn, and that village does not allow any gasoline powered vehicles.
Beautiful. ...can't rave enough about that train trip.

We spent most of the time in the area around Geneva and Lausanne. (That is the area where my father was born and we still have a few relatives.)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:27 pm

grouchy wrote:I would like to take Tanner and Trey on an elk hunt.

I would also like to take the boys and Karen to Washington D.C. There are a few things there that I would like them to see.

But above all else, I want to see them reach adulthood and each become a better man than I am.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:42 am

grouchy wrote:
grouchy wrote:I would like to take Tanner and Trey on an elk hunt.

I would also like to take the boys and Karen to Washington D.C. There are a few things there that I would like them to see.

But above all else, I want to see them reach adulthood and each become a better man than I am.

I would like to make the trip to D.C. too. My Mom went and enjoyed Monticello the most.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:06 pm

We went to DC in the late 80s, I think it was

Left Norfolk, drove in Virginia to George Washington's home, then on to DC. After that we went to Gettysburg and then back home.

Have never made it to Monticello, but would like to go.

I'd like to spend several days in NYC. I have only spent one hasty afternoon there. Rode the train into the city, rushed out to Ellis Island, looked around and had to rush back to West Point for my nephew's wedding. Want to go back and really experience the city.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:15 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:We went to DC in the late 80s, I think it was

Left Norfolk, drove in Virginia to George Washington's home, then on to DC. After that we went to Gettysburg and then back home.

Have never made it to Monticello, but would like to go.

I'd like to spend several days in NYC. I have only spent one hasty afternoon there. Rode the train into the city, rushed out to Ellis Island, looked around and had to rush back to West Point for my nephew's wedding. Want to go back and really experience the city.

You should do that. We spent a day walking around and rode a tour bus. It was fun. I'd go back.

Return to “Your first forum”