My biggest concern about the November elections

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

My biggest concern about the November elections

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:17 pm

I am truly afraid that the Democrats will take control of both the House and the Senate.

GRANDPA

Re: My biggest concern about the November elections

Postby GRANDPA » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Yep. That worries me as much as anything else about this election. And the selection of a new Supreme Court justice.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Amazing ain't it, the dems in the minority and they set the terms, run the agenda, and get all they want. Pubs in the majority or minority makes not one bit of difference, they cower in the corner, whine about how they can't do anything, and nod yes to Reid and Pelosi at every chance they can.
And the whining about someone to run against Cruz, we have a do nothing rhino in Cornyn now, a clone of that would be absolutely grand.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:00 am

The Senate is most assuredly gone. Schumer will be the majority leader.

The Republicans probably hang on to the House, but with that worthless POS Paul Ryan as Speaker, what difference does it make?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

By popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 am

Mark wrote:The Senate is most assuredly gone. Schumer will be the majority leader.

The Republicans probably hang on to the House, but with that worthless POS Paul Ryan as Speaker, what difference does it make?

Why didn't the Tea party have one of their members run against Mr. Ryan?

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:29 am

Cowman52......I'm with you on that. Perry running against Cruz? That makes me very sad. IF he'd run against Cornyn and give us a real conservative (hopefully), that would help. Grassroots and tea party have tried to primary Cornyn and just couldn't find anyone that could do it. Cornyn is with the establishment and that means cooperating with the democrats.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:40 am

I don't understand the intense opposition to cooperating/making compromises/working together

All the books I read about getting the wheels of government to turn mention that the member of Congress has to reach across the aisle and each side give a little to move forward. Neither side always gets all that side wants.

IMO, when each side no longer compromises, we get what we have had for the recent years--stalemate and nothing happening.

GWBush recognized this when he was governor. IMO, successful members of Congress recognize that working together is what gets legislation done.

Nope, I don't like it when MY wants (ideas) are ignored, but sometimes that has to happen to get progress to happen.

I also don't pledge/feel intense loyalty to either major party. Depending upon the issue, I side with one or the other.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:00 am

The tea party and grassroots did. Louie Gohmert. But again, that's trying to go against the establishment in congress. We know we've got to get more people working against these candidates. With Speaker though, we don't get to vote.

I love Louie Gohmert. He's a true Texan... A & M graduate, I don't know where he went to law school though, but was a Jag officer. He was a district judge in Tyler before running for congress. I could listen to him talk Texas History all day. Some are "put off" because of his east Texas twang, but not the intelligent people who know him.

Grouchy, you would love Louie. I heard this story from someone who goes to the same church and has a daughter that goes to school with his daughters. He has twins and when it came time that they needed a car to get to all the school activities, he gave them his old truck to share. We begged him to challenge Cornyn for his senate seat, but he flatly said "I don't have the money." A dear friend (also a judge) confirmed that he really didn't have the money. This now, judge, was an assistant district attorney and he has so much respect for Louie.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:23 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:I don't understand the intense opposition to cooperating/making compromises/working together

All the books I read about getting the wheels of government to turn mention that the member of Congress has to reach across the aisle and each side give a little to move forward. Neither side always gets all that side wants.

This is laughable because we all know in which direction the reach across the aisle usually has to take place. IMO, there's no reason for Democrats to compromise. The media can be counted on to frame it as Republicans being stubborn and intractable.

I'll let you in on a little secret: Nobody really cares about getting anything done.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 am

its best when core principles like Freedom , Liberty , RIGHTS , Sovereignty , Borders and National Defense are supported and protected and nothing else does get done . What other things outside the things that i just mentioned need to get done ??

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Rush said it exactly right, compromise to the democrats is bend over and grab the ankles, to the republicans we are fine with whatever you put up.

Return to “Your first forum”