What is the creepiest thing that's ever happened to you?

Description of your first forum.
Nailgun aka.Mark

Re: What is the creepiest thing that's ever happened to you?

Postby Nailgun aka.Mark » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Years ago, I was framing a cabin in Oklahoma. There was a storm to the north and I was rolling up all of my tools, The hair on the back stood up for about 2 to 3 seconds then BAM. A lighting strike hit the ground so close to me I fell to the ground.
To this day I get creeped out while working outdoors when a storm is coming in.

Jami

Postby Jami » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:47 pm

This happened about 30 years ago at the Showbiz Pizza at Red Bird Mall. I went to the woman's restroom which was down a long hallway. When I got in the stall, I noticed the tennis shoes in the next stall and I thought that they looked pretty big for a woman. Next thing I know, I no longer saw that persons feet and I didn't hear anyone leave. I look up and there is a MAN looking over the stall at me. OMG..I just knew he had a knife or something and I was a goner. I ran out of that bathroom as fast as I could. My then brother-in-law was at the counter ordering some more food or something. I told him there was a man in the woman's bathroom. We look down the hall and there's a guy on a pay phone. I remember that the jeans I saw in the next stall had bleach stains. I look down at the shoes and pants of the guy and the phone and IT WAS HIM!!! I told my brother-in-law it was him and he started beating the chit outta that guy. Over comes the manager and all he knows is that a fight is going on and when he breaks it up, the guy runs the hell out of there. I was scared to go into a public restroom for a very long time after that.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:25 pm

PlanoSooner wrote:
John in Plano wrote:We've got a ghost/spirit/entity in our hose.
Posted about it the other day at the mothership

i would like to 'believe'
but the only ghosts i have seen were alcohol induced

I should have copied my post before the mothership disappeared. So I'll give a short version

I believe because I was sober the first time years ago, and sober at 7ish am a few weeks ago when the ghost/spirit decided to mimick our dog outside at the backdoor more than once/less than a dozen times....and then moved in doors
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:52 pm

LibraryLady wrote:Don't know if I would call it creepy--but it was odd.

Many years ago, we were going to the Victoria Station restaurant on McKinney.
Husband, 2 teen-age step sons, our son (about age 8) and myself.
We parked car, got out and crossed to the porch of the restaurant. A young woman came up and asked if she could go into the restaurant with us. "I don't want to eat, I'll just get a glass of water."
HUH?????? I know we must have looked at her like, "Are you crazy?"
She began to assure us that she just wanted a drink of water and would not eat anything.
I don't remember if it was my husband or me that told her no......wasn't possible.

Of course, I think she wanted to sit down and order a meal on our tab--or have us treat her to a meal (poor thing)....or pick pocket us in the process.

But, hard-hearted-Hannah, said no.

Was she hot ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:15 pm

PlanoSooner wrote:
BillB wrote:I was driving south on 35W into Fort Worth.
A pick up truck in the north bound lane hit the median and went air born.
He sailed directly over the top of my car, barely missing me.
If he had been 6" lower he would probably have rolled me over.
If he had been 2' lower I would have been decapitated.
It's the closest I've ever came.

i am sooooo thankful for the little fences on I-20

we drive it a lot and i have seen some crazy stuff. i always keep an eye on the other lanes up ahead.... scary

Don't depend on those cable barriers to save your life. I've seen too many vehicles get through them.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Allen

Postby Allen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

I've read post's by a guy named Zephyr. Pretty dang creepy!

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:29 pm

I can't think of anything creepy that has happened to me....but this blog post is hilarious..

23 of the creepiest things ever said by kids:

http://www.danoah.com/2013/06/23-of-the-creepiest-things-ever-said-by-kids.html

SpaceCowboy

Postby SpaceCowboy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:18 pm

I was 15.... Visiting my older brother in east texas...he stayed in a Victorian boarding house and worked as a roughneck

I was sitting in the parlor waiting for him when a fat guy in a seersucker suit starting chatting me up.....wanted to know if I wanted to go to his room to look at clothing samples...I didn't really realize what was happening at the time...but my brother came downstairs....looked at the guy who shrank into the sofa and this little Leave It To Beaver exchange between brothers took place

Beaver: "Hey, Wally...I was talking to this guy
Wally: "stay away from that faggot, Beaver"
Beaver:" yea, well... Ok...he was kinda creepy......hey, Wally....what's a faggot?"

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:22 pm

This was weird, funny... We were going to buy a new car. My car wouldn't start. My husband's car wouldn't start and the neighbor's Viper wouldn't start. We all started looking for the mother ship. We have an elderly man (mid80's) who is very crippled who lives across the road. His garage door went up and we could hear his fairly new truck grrring. My husband and the next door neighbor decided to raid the Viper owner's beer refrigerator. The elderly man is a staunch Baptist so they sent me over to see about him. He was gingerly getting out to go inside and call a garage. I told him none of our vehicles would start either. After about 30 minutes, Steve got in his and it started. They ALL started! All of them had been in a garage. To this day, someone will remember "The day...." And none of us knew what happened.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 pm

You didn't look up and see the UFO?

;)

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Nothing creepy has happened to me (yet). Maybe creepy doesn't care for ordinary like me.

marti

Postby marti » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Creepy! We need to sit around a campfire and tell some more. (With s'mores. LOL)

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:53 pm

:idea:
marti wrote:Creepy! We need to sit around a campfire and tell some more. (With s'mores. LOL)

+ a bajillion!!

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:03 pm

marti wrote:Creepy! We need to sit around a campfire and tell some more. (With s'mores. LOL)

I'm game. Then we can catch some lighting bugs and go Snipe hunting.
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Trixie wrote::idea:

+ a bajillion!!

yup
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

marti

Postby marti » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Snipe hunt~ is there such a thing as a snipe?

kathy

Postby kathy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 pm

1. about 20 years ago, we stayed in a cabin at Norris Dam in TN. In the middle of the night, I was awakened by the sound of the rocking chair next to my bed rocking. But no one was in it. I wasn't afraid... it just "felt" like a granny rocking her family to sleep. Of course, the next night, my ex and the kids hooked up a fishing line to the chair to get it rocking again. But I'm sure to this day that a sweet granny was in our presence.

2. One time I decided to go through St Louis to get to Cincinnati for a change of scenery. We were on some highway in IL and my daughter shouted "mom . watch out".. .and just in time I was able to swerve to miss a BOAT in the middle of the middle lane of the highway. We looked for several miles but didn't see anything pulled over that had an empty trailer!

barb

Postby barb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 pm

kathy wrote:1. about 20 years ago, we stayed in a cabin at Norris Dam in TN. In the middle of the night, I was awakened by the sound of the rocking chair next to my bed rocking. But no one was in it. I wasn't afraid... it just "felt" like a granny rocking her family to sleep. Of course, the next night, my ex and the kids hooked up a fishing line to the chair to get it rocking again. But I'm sure to this day that a sweet granny was in our presence.

2. One time I decided to go through St Louis to get to Cincinnati for a change of scenery. We were on some highway in IL and my daughter shouted "mom . watch out".. .and just in time I was able to swerve to miss a BOAT in the middle of the middle lane of the highway. We looked for several miles but didn't see anything pulled over that had an empty trailer!

Kathy, that reminds me of watching a boat come unhooked in front of me , thank goodness it took a turn to the left and went straight for the median.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Interesting stories....must have missed these at the time.

I'll try to think of one to share.

truep

Postby truep » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 am

Many years ago, I kept getting calls from people who wanted to have their (or some other problem). I would tell them they must
have a wrong number. This went on for several months, then I got a package with a note from a woman (i hope ) thanking
me for the wonderful time she had ( she was quite specific about the part she liked the most) ). I did notice that the last name on the package was for someone
named Trew. I found a Trew in the
phone book in Ft. Worth and called him, and he said he owned several rentals in the oak cliff area, and knows where the package was from. He also promised to
tell all of his renters and his girls the correct spelling of his name!

Return to “Your first forum”