Hey Knot!! Got some news you want to share?

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Hey Knot!! Got some news you want to share?

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:57 am

We are waiting.......

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

crocmommy

Re: Hey Knot!! Got some news you want to share?

Postby crocmommy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:35 am

hmmmmmm

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:45 am

..she having triplets?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

Why, Yes! I do have news!

Introducing Mason Carter, born early Tuesday morning. 8 lbs 9 oz of preciousness..

His poor momma labored for 36 hours before she delivered him by C section....he had a little trouble with breathing at first so the whole birth experience was very traumatic...pretty much a nightmare. But he and momma are doing well now and should go home on Friday. Watching my son taking care of his son has been an overwhelming joy. Since he has been in NICU, we don't have good pics yet...you can be sure I'll post some when I get a chance. I'm still pretty sleep deprived from the longest 48 hours of my life.
Attachments
10556392_10154441800990573_3999811134862252925_n.jpg
10556392_10154441800990573_3999811134862252925_n.jpg (79.07 KiB) Viewed 1682 times

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am

I don't know how to change the size of the pic....but he is really cute!

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah! Glad Mason is here and healthy! Hugs and high fives to everyone!!!!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:59 pm

You can post the biggest picture you want to, Knot. We can scroll and I did. He's a sweetheart. Oh my gosh, I didn't know he was in the NIC unit! I'm sure his aunt has been a big help but having a tough time watching another facility's ways. It's normal.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 pm

I saw the pics on facebook. Cute boy and proud daddy. The NICU experience can be stressful but glad he is better.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:19 pm

He is a pretty baby.............
I know he will be smothered with love.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:36 pm

ann jusko wrote:You can post the biggest picture you want to, Knot. We can scroll and I did. He's a sweetheart. Oh my gosh, I didn't know he was in the NIC unit! I'm sure his aunt has been a big help but having a tough time watching another facility's ways. It's normal.

Thanks, everyone. I just came home from visiting him and he gets cuter every day. Mason is now rooming in with his momma and released from the NICU and got a great report from the Pediatrician. My son had dressed him in a little blue onesie that says "Allstars"...

Ann, it was interesting watching my RN daughter after we learned he was in the NICU. We were all in the waiting room...waiting & waiting. We had been told that after the C section, they would walk past the door on the way to the nursery and we could follow and watch in the window...but they never came. Finally we learned that he was in the NICU and we had no idea why, or where that was, or where my DIL was or my son. Once my daughter heard that he was in the NICU...she put on her good "nurse" face and started telling us that it was probably just a precaution and blah, blah....I knew she was as panicked as I was. When my son FINALLY came through the door and was crying so hard he couldn't talk....that was probably the hardest moment I've ever had.

Turned out that Mason had a mucus plug in his trachea and couldn't breath at birth. They started CPR immediately and the NICU dr. put him on a vent right away, which cleared the plug and solved the issue. They kept him in the NICU as he was still coughing and clearing mucus but they took him off the vent after an hour. They allowed us to see him as soon as he was stable and my daughter was studying all the monitors without letting the NICU nurse know she was also an RN. My daughter has assured us that even that soon after the traumatic birth that Mason looked really good and should be just fine. It was very comforting to have her there.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Oh, Knot............what a scary, scary time...............

Hug to you all.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:11 pm

LibraryLady wrote:Oh, Knot............what a scary, scary time...............

Hug to you all.

Thanks, LL.

It was awful. I have never felt so much panic. As we waited, it felt like I was in a flood and the water kept rising. I have never felt so powerless. The unknown is the worst feeling ever. I knew all the doors were locked and I couldn't go find my son or DIL or the baby, the staff couldn't talk to me anyway. and DIL's mom kept saying my son was so upset and I couldn't get to him....yet I knew I had to keep it together for the great grandmas there so they would not get upset. But I could see on my daughter's face that she knew it was not good that he was in NICU. And then to see my big strong son crying so hard he couldn't talk....and I knew I had to comfort him not knowing what happened.

Thankfully, within the hour, we were comforted to know that Mason was doing ok. I can't help but think that we were within seconds of tragedy. But no matter now. He is strong and in great shape.

I haven't been online much lately....and may not be as often as I used to be....but I will post pics when I can. My DIL will have 3 months off to be with him before going back to work...then I'll be taking care of him during the day....grammy adventures with Mason!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:57 pm

What great news and what a cutie !

I'll have another Grand Daughter by Monday at the latest.

I am a never Hillaryite!

grace

Postby grace » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Knot, Thanks for sharing the news of Mason's birth. He's just precious!

I'm sorry you all had to go through such an experience; however, it will make you appreciate all the deliveries to come when a healthy baby is born. So glad that Mason was born in hospital that could take care of him immediately. You will have a great story to tell him later, how he had/has a loving family that cared so much and was so happy he survived that scare. Please keep us posted when you can.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:10 am

Are you used to sleeping with Grandpa, yet?

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 am

I'm so glad that's all behind your family now. My heart went out to your daughter, especially. She was walking a tightrope for awhile. I know it seemed an eternity to all of you. Happy, happy times ahead for all of you!

Jami

Postby Jami » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:35 am

How scary!!! He sure is a beautiful baby. You are going to have so much fun!

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 am

bodine wrote:Are you used to sleeping with Grandpa, yet?

Ha!

I am thankful to have such a wonderful old man to sleep with.

Return to “Your first forum”