In & Out Burgers

Description of your first forum.
glenn/dallas

In & Out Burgers

Postby glenn/dallas » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

I dont eat many hamburgers so when In & Out Burger came to town and I saw the incredible lines at their stores I decided to wait for the lines to go away before I tried one of their burgers I had heard so much about. It happened today, What a crock. The meat was crunchy (burned) around the edge from overcooking, the rest of the patty was dry, way too much lettuce, small bun kind of like McDonalds. Not one french fry was over one inch long, dont know if I got the last scoop of that batch of what, but its a lousy was to serve a customer. Oh well, I gave it a try. Thats it for me and In & Out.

BigTex

Re: In & Out Burgers

Postby BigTex » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:16 pm

I have no idea what the fascination is with that place. I'll drive past In & Out to get to Whataburger any day of the week.

BillB

Postby BillB » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Bad hamburgers must be the "in" thing.
Kincade's hamburgers in Fort Worth, win the Star-Telegram's "Best Hamburger" award every year.
They're not any good. Cold bun- thick dry meat- too much lettuce- mushy tomato.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:52 pm

In and Out isn't the best but not the worst chain joint. I will give them credit for prompt competent service.

I will place them ahead of Burger King, JIB, and Wendy's.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:14 pm

I went to the In and Out in Rockwall once. "Glorified McDonald's" was my impression.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I guess if you are expecting their burgers to be just like some other place, you could be disappointed.

I don't eat a lot of burgers.. but the In and Out burger is a neat and unique little package.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

bodine

Postby bodine » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:47 pm

BigTex wrote:I have no idea what the fascination is with that place. I'll drive past In & Out to get to Whataburger any day of the week.

Son's first stop when he comes home is to Whataburger...

truep

Postby truep » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:27 am

When I was living in Vegas, we has In&out there and it was OK. I really liked a place called Fatburger better!

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 am

Haven't been to one in years. When they opened near by we received a free coupon, gave it to some friends visiting from the UK their opinion , average not great burger.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

Mark wrote:I went to the In and Out in Rockwall once. "Glorified McDonald's" was my impression.

Big +1; great analogy.

I tried INO about 20 years ago in Las Vegas; I had heard they were incredible, had a "secret menu", etc. I've tried it about 4 times now at various locations and don't get the fuss.

IIRC, the chain has an interesting (yet macabre) history. It started in California then branched out. The family became well-heeled, were all on a private jet and it crashed, killing the entire family except for one granddaughter (not on board). She is now the sole heir to this business.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:53 am

I didn't know the plane crash story, but In and Out has been around for a very long time, and here in California they are an institution..and I do believe you have to give them credit for essentially never changing their menu.

No salads, no fish sandwiches. no hot apple pies or ice cream cones.

Just the same old same old.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm

There is one in Ft Worth very close to my office so I eat there quite often. The burgers there are fresh and hot and not very expensive. The service is courteous and fast. The place is always clean. If I want a fast food burger on my lunch hour, that's what I get. Went to Dairy Queen last week instead. They put mustard on my burger after asking me which I wanted....mayo or mustard. Argh...

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:06 pm

You don't go to Dairy Queen for the food. You go to Dairy Queen for the gossip.

And maybe a Blizzard.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 pm

BigTex wrote:You don't go to Dairy Queen for the food. You go to Dairy Queen for the gossip.

And maybe a Blizzard.

I love "the Dude" steak sandwich....and the combo is on sale for six bucks this month.

Back by popular request:

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:36 pm

GFB wrote:I didn't know the plane crash story, but In and Out has been around for a very long time, and here in California they are an institution..and I do believe you have to give them credit for essentially never changing their menu.

If In and Out is the best burger Kalifornia has to offer, then it must truly be a sad place to live. I am not the least bit impressed.

Back by popular request:

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm

I went once in California. I wanted to try it in California and again in Vegas. On another trip to California, we did go there. I thought it wasn't that good because we took it home to eat. When it came to Rockwall, I went on one of the first days it was open. I almost didn't wait because the line was unbelievable! Much to my surprise, they managed that line in record time. It was OK. But I like Braum's burgers and Culvers hamburgers the best. I love Braum's smallest cheeseburger, but it is on the kid's menu. I don't like their French fries since I don't particularly like potatoes. They aren't "crunchy" so you taste more potato. Ugh!

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Mark wrote:
GFB wrote:I didn't know the plane crash story, but In and Out has been around for a very long time, and here in California they are an institution..and I do believe you have to give them credit for essentially never changing their menu.

If In and Out is the best burger Kalifornia has to offer, then it must truly be a sad place to live. I am not the least bit impressed.

We have all the burgers and burger places here.

We just don't put much time, energy or value in knocking whatever the favorite burgers of Texans are.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Yes, it's a very sad place to live.

That's why it's so inexpensive.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:21 pm

ann jusko wrote:I went once in California. I wanted to try it in California and again in Vegas. On another trip to California, we did go there. I thought it wasn't that good because we took it home to eat. When it came to Rockwall, I went on one of the first days it was open. I almost didn't wait because the line was unbelievable! Much to my surprise, they managed that line in record time. It was OK. But I like Braum's burgers and Culvers hamburgers the best. I love Braum's smallest cheeseburger, but it is on the kid's menu. I don't like their French fries since I don't particularly like potatoes. They aren't "crunchy" so you taste more potato. Ugh!

I love Culvers...and Braums, too.

Back by popular request:

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Not sure where you're going with all that, GFB. You're the one that sang the praises of the Kalifornia burger. I don't agree.

Among all fast food joints, I'd put In and Out's burgers above McDonald's and maybe JITB. That's about it.

Back by popular request:

Return to “Your first forum”