What if this happened?

Description of your first forum.
rusty

What if this happened?

Postby rusty » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:10 pm

What if Kevin McCarthy kept losing the vote and they decided to make Madge Green the Speaker of the House?

They'd have to rename it the Freaker of the House.

GRANDPA

Re: What if this happened?

Postby GRANDPA » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:57 pm

OK, I'll bite. Who is Madge Green?

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:59 am

The Dems can't get their guy in but they could throw a massive monkey wrench in the Republicans' works by voting unanimously for McCarthy's rival. I don't understand why they don't do that.

BillP

Postby BillP » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:47 am

Kiamichi wrote:The Dems can't get their guy in but they could throw a massive monkey wrench in the Republicans' works by voting unanimously for McCarthy's rival. I don't understand why they don't do that.

They would wind up wih a much more conservative Speaker. The monkey wrench would boomerang back on the Democrats.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:21 am

BillP wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:The Dems can't get their guy in but they could throw a massive monkey wrench in the Republicans' works by voting unanimously for McCarthy's rival. I don't understand why they don't do that.

They would wind up wih a much more conservative Speaker. The monkey wrench would boomerang back on the Democrats.

But he would be dependent on the Dems to keep him in his position.

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:46 pm

Wow. Six votes - no election.

The Rs are really having a meltdown of unprecedented proportions.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:22 pm

What we are witnessing is something we rarely see from Republicans in Washington…backbone.

This is beautiful.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:21 pm

Donald Trump has urged Republicans to vote for Kevin McCarthy as House speaker as he hit out at the “unnecessary turmoil” within his own party.

In a Truth Social post on Wednesday morning, the former president endorsed the GOP House leader saying that he “will do a good job, and maybe even a GREAT JOB”.

“REPUBLICANS, DO NOT TURN A GREAT TRIUMPH INTO A GIANT & EMBARRASSING DEFEAT. IT’S TIME TO CELEBRATE, YOU DESERVE IT. Kevin McCarthy will do a good job, and maybe even a GREAT JOB - JUST WATCH!” he wrote.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:19 pm

planosteve wrote:Donald Trump has urged Republicans to vote for Kevin McCarthy as House speaker as he hit out at the “unnecessary turmoil” within his own party.

In a Truth Social post on Wednesday morning, the former president endorsed the GOP House leader saying that he “will do a good job, and maybe even a GREAT JOB”.

“REPUBLICANS, DO NOT TURN A GREAT TRIUMPH INTO A GIANT & EMBARRASSING DEFEAT. IT’S TIME TO CELEBRATE, YOU DESERVE IT. Kevin McCarthy will do a good job, and maybe even a GREAT JOB - JUST WATCH!” he wrote.

Oh..so now you’re “all in” for Trump.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:38 pm

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Donald Trump has urged Republicans to vote for Kevin McCarthy as House speaker as he hit out at the “unnecessary turmoil” within his own party.

Oh..so now you’re “all in” for Trump.

Only when he's right. Which is not often. 8-)

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:22 am

Return to “Your first forum”