This is interesting

Description of your first forum.
rusty

This is interesting

Postby rusty » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:12 pm

A lot of people like to blame Democrats for crime in their major cities. Of course that stands to reason because most major cities are blue. More people more crime, and a higher percentage of crime comes with large populations. This goes without saying.

But maybe we should praise the Democrats for having the majority of "safest" cities as well.

Sangersteve

Re: This is interesting

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:40 pm

Got a link for that?
It's a joke son,I say a joke

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:26 pm

Yeah, Kiplinger has a completely different list.

1. Frisco, Texas Frisco, Texas, part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex has been ranked the number 1 safest city to live in the U.S. ...

2. McKinney, Texas Second on the list is McKinney, Texas, neighboring Frisco to the east and about 32 miles north of Dallas. ...

3. McAllen, Texas ...

4. Santa Clarita, California ...

5. Plano, Texas

and the bottom five:

1. Baton Rouge, Louisiana

2. New Orleans, Louisiana

3. Orlando, Florida

4. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

5. St. Louis, Missouri

https://www.kiplinger.com/real-estate/p ... 2C%20Texas

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Sangersteve wrote:Got a link for that?

Forbes

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:43 pm

jellowrestling wrote:Yeah, Kiplinger has a completely different list.

1. Frisco, Texas Frisco, Texas, part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex has been ranked the number 1 safest city to live in the U.S. ...

2. McKinney, Texas Second on the list is McKinney, Texas, neighboring Frisco to the east and about 32 miles north of Dallas. ...

3. McAllen, Texas ...

5. Plano, Texas

and the bottom five:

3. Orlando, Florida

4. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

5. St. Louis, Missouri

The Forbes list was for cities with a population of 300k +. Most of the cities on the Kiplinger list are less than that.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:27 pm

I lived in Plano about a mile from Frisco and from McKinney. :D
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Yeah, Kiplinger has a completely different list.

3. McAllen, Texas ...

5. Plano, Texas

and the bottom five:

3. Orlando, Florida

4. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

5. St. Louis, Missouri

The Forbes list was for cities with a population of 300k +. Most of the cities on the Kiplinger list are less than that.

Fair enough, but all of the Bottom 5 hellholes are Deep Blue, and they are all over 300,000.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:16 am

Unless a dangerous crime ranking is based solely on the homicide rate per capita--the only reliable official crime statistic--it is not worth the paper it is printed on.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:02 pm

Kiamichi wrote:Unless a dangerous crime ranking is based solely on the homicide rate per capita--the only reliable official crime statistic--it is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Why?

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:45 am

rusty wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:Unless a dangerous crime ranking is based solely on the homicide rate per capita--the only reliable official crime statistic--it is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Why?

I'm not Mark, but it's because of the reason he stated: homicide is the only reliable official crime statistic. Other categories are too open to manipulation, interpretation, misreporting and fraud. It's difficult to hide a homicide.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:47 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

Why?

I'm not Mark, but it's because of the reason he stated: homicide is the only reliable official crime statistic. Other categories are too open to manipulation, interpretation, misreporting and fraud. It's difficult to hide a homicide.

Who's Mark, and why did you state that you weren't him?

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:56 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
Why?

Should have said, "Kiamichi". But you knew that.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:57 am

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:I'm not Mark, but it's because of the reason he stated: homicide is the only reliable official crime statistic. Other categories are too open to manipulation, interpretation, misreporting and fraud. It's difficult to hide a homicide.

Should have said, "Kiamichi". But you knew that.

8-)

rusty

Postby rusty » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:28 am

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

Why?

so non-lethal gunshot wounds, stab wounds, baseball bats to the head shouldn't count toward dangerous crime statistics?

I would imagine someone who was stabbed or shot and lived to talk about would disagree with that premise. I'm sure that the gunshot victim wouldn't think there was much to interpret, other than he had been shot.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:30 am

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
Why?

so non-lethal gunshot wounds, stab wounds, baseball bats to the head shouldn't count toward dangerous crime statistics?

I would imagine someone who was stabbed or shot and lived to talk about would disagree with that premise. I'm sure that the gunshot victim wouldn't think there was much to interpret, other than he had been shot.

A high homicide rate is a surefire indicator that all those lesser offenses that define a violent society are very common, whether they are included in official statistics or not. I defy you to show a city anywhere in the US that reports very high rates of non-lethal gunshot wounds but a low murder rate.

rusty

Postby rusty » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:23 pm

Kiamichi wrote:
rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:I'm not Mark, but it's because of the reason he stated: homicide is the only reliable official crime statistic. Other categories are too open to manipulation, interpretation, misreporting and fraud. It's difficult to hide a homicide.

A high homicide rate is a surefire indicator that all those lesser offenses that define a violent society are very common, whether they are included in official statistics or not. I defy you to show a city anywhere in the US that reports very high rates of non-lethal gunshot wounds but a low murder rate.

So? Aren't the other documented violent crimes sure-fire indicators? Or does that not support your narrative. YOu can't just make up the rules to suit you.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:17 am

The murder rates in major US Cities have soared more than 10% in the past two years — with most homicides occurring in Democratic areas with soft-on-crime policies.

In a study released by WalletHub Wednesday, researchers found that Memphis, Tennesse; New Orleans, Louisana; Richmond, Virginia; Washington, DC; and Detroit, Michigan are suffering from the biggest homicide rate problems.

All five cities are led by left-wing mayors.

After comparing the rise in murder rates in 45 of the country’s most populated cities between 2021 and 2023, scholars noticed that killings were rising faster in Democrat-led cities than in their Republican counterparts.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/murders-j ... tes-study/
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:41 am

Sangersteve wrote:
The murder rates in major US Cities have soared more than 10% in the past two years — with most homicides occurring in Democratic areas with soft-on-crime policies.

In a study released by WalletHub Wednesday, researchers found that Memphis, Tennesse; New Orleans, Louisana; Richmond, Virginia; Washington, DC; and Detroit, Michigan are suffering from the biggest homicide rate problems.

All five cities are led by left-wing mayors.

After comparing the rise in murder rates in 45 of the country’s most populated cities between 2021 and 2023, scholars noticed that killings were rising faster in Democrat-led cities than in their Republican counterparts.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/murders-j ... tes-study/

"Unless a dangerous crime ranking is based solely on the homicide rate per capita--the only reliable official crime statistic--it is not worth the paper it is printed on." Kiamichi
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Return to “Your first forum”