Reaction to Ferguson

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

Re: Reaction to Ferguson

Postby BigTex » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:58 pm

I flew to San Diego for a Navy school several days after the riots. We were advised to stay away from L.A., but the next weekend I drove up on Sunday morning to have a look. I didn't go to ground zero (Florence and Normandie) but a few blocks away there was plenty of evidence - burned buildings, broken windows, the occasional police car. Otherwise it was a quiet Sunday morning in South Central.

ralph

Re: Reaction to Ferguson

Postby ralph » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:09 pm

I was living in Marina Del RAY [los angeles] when the riots were going on . On a couple of days I got up in the morning to smoky skies , smell of smoke and a light rain of white ashes in the air . I was on jury duty [rape case] in Santa Monica and people were running around in the courthouse with 'no justice , no peace' t-shirts on . It was interesting , one lady was crying in the courthouse , wailing and sobbing . Right on about S.Central although I haven't seen it in years . I used to check it out , out of interest and it was still vacant lots and very run down , no nice big stores , just liquor stores and rundown motels in maybe 2004 .

Return to “Your first forum”