Couple kill 3 in Las Vegas...and then themselves

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Couple kill 3 in Las Vegas...and then themselves

Postby LibraryLady » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Two Las Vegas police officers were were shot and killed along with a civilian bystander late Sunday morning by a gun-toting duo declaring "revolution," authorities say.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police spokeswoman Laura Meltzer says the attackers -- one male and one female -- opened fire inside of a CiCi's Pizza location at 11:30 a.m, killing the officers as they ate lunch, she said.

Clark County Sheriff Douglas Gillespie identified the slain officers as 41-year-old Alyn Beck and 31-year-old Igor Soldo.

Beck, a 13-year LVMPD veteran, leaves behind a wife and three children. Soldo, who also leaves behind a wife and baby, joined the force in 2006.
Photos: Shootings in Las Vegas Photos: Shootings in Las Vegas

The names of the suspects have not been released, and a motive is not known, but witnesses told police that the shooters said "this is a revolution."

After killing the officers, Meltzer said the pair then went across the street and into a Walmart, where they killed a female at the store's entrance. Her name has not yet been released.

As police converged on Walmart, Gillespie says the female suspect shot the male suspect before turning the gun on herself.

The city's public figures were quick to condemn the violence.

"This was a senseless and cruel act killing three innocent people, two who dedicated their lives to protecting all of us in our community and one who was innocently going about her daily life" said Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman.

"I am devastated by the news today of two officers and an innocent bystander who were murdered in an act of senseless violence," added Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families."

Both Walmart and CiCi's issued statements expressing condolences.

"We express our deepest condolences to everyone who have been affected by this senseless act of violence," said Walmart spokesperson Brooke Buchanan.

"We are deeply saddened by this tragic event and our hearts go out to the families and friends of the officers," said Geoff Goodman of CiCi's.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

planosteve

Re: Couple kill 3 in Las Vegas...and then themselves

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 am

Good piece last night on 60 Minutes about our failure to treat the mentally ill who then go out and commit mass murder. It's hard to have anyone committed until they actually kill somebody. We've made a big mistake by letting the mentally ill run loose until they finally twist off and start murdering people, Just because their thinking is defective, they aren't stupid and they can do a huge amount of damage before they are killed or kill themselves.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 am

Neighbors: Couple suspected in Las Vegas
killing spree vowed to commit
‘next Columbine’

By Brian Nordli, Kyle Roerink
and Joe Schoenmann
Las Vegas Sun

Hours after a man and woman killed two police officers at an east Las Vegas pizza restaurant and then gunned down another victim at a nearby Wal-Mart before killing themselves, a picture of the shooters began to emerge.

Residents at an apartment complex where it appeared the two lived together said they had a reputation for spouting racist, anti-government views, bragging about their gun collection and boasting that they’d spent time at Cliven Bundy’s ranch during a recent standoff there between armed militia members and federal government agents.

The duo also told people they planned to commit a mass shooting, said Brandon Moore, a resident of the complex.

"They were handing out white-power propaganda and were talking about doing the next Columbine," Moore said.

The shooters did more than talk about committing violence.

Sheriff Doug Gillespie called the events that left five dead — Metro Officers Alyn Beck, 42, and Igor Soldo, 32; an unidentified bystander; and the two assailants — “an unprecedented day here at the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department as well as in the Las Vegas community.”

MORE

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 am

Brandon Monroe, 22, has lived in the complex for about two weeks. He said the man who lived in the apartment that was being searched often rambled about conspiracy theories. He often wore camouflage or dressed as Peter Pan to work as a Fremont Street Experience street performer. A woman lived with him, Monroe said, but he didn’t see her as often.

They were weird people, Monroe said, adding that he thought the couple used methamphetamine.

“The man told Monroe he had been kicked off Cliven Bundy’s ranch 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas while people from throughout the U.S. gathered there in protest of a Bureau of Land Management roundup of Bundy’s cattle.” Jessica Anderson, 27, said. She lived next door.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-v ... ill-police

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 am

It's certainly no surprise that these were two of the lunatics flocking around Bundy.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 am

The bystander was a 31-year-old man, according to latest reports, rather than a woman.

Gopher

Postby Gopher » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 pm

That article is also not telling about a customer with a concealed handgun that engaged them inside the Wal Mart. Can't have a good guy with a gun stopping (or slowing down) a bad guy with a gun.
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Stand on it till you smell stink!

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Gopher wrote:That article is also not telling about a customer with a concealed handgun that engaged them inside the Wal Mart. Can't have a good guy with a gun stopping (or slowing down) a bad guy with a gun.

If you know something more about this than some wild rumor going around the internet why don't you let us know? I have been looking for confirmation without success.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:24 pm

. . .

After the shooting, the couple headed toward a nearby Wal-Mart, where Jerad Miller was confronted by Joseph Robert Wilcox, 31, of Las Vegas. Wilcox was legally carrying a concealed pistol. Wilcox was unaware that Amanda Miller, who was pushing a shopping cart, was involved in the incident and “lying in wait,” (a police) official said.

She slipped behind Wilcox and shot him at close range.

“He had no idea the wife was walking behind him,” the police official said of the murdered man. “This guy (Wilcox) was not some idiot with a gun. To me, he was a hero. He was trying to stop an active shooter.”

It wasn’t immediately clear if Wilcox fired a shot, or if he hit Jerad Miller before he died.

COMPLETE STORY

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Good guy + psycotic drugs + mental illness + a gun= a bad guy

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Some "Revolutionaries" killing themselves and not going down fighting.

Don't believe half of what you here about these two, both sides are dumping thier propaganda.

An old friend of mine who was in the business of starting and stopping Revolutions told me years ago that Revolutions and Counter-Revolutions begin on the fringes of society; and I believe that.

I am a never Hillaryite!

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:14 pm

More details from the Las Vegas newspaper.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/jun/09/police-describe-bloodbath-created-neo-nazi-couple-/

Sure wish all the folks at the apartment complex had notified authorities about the plans, since the plans were so openly discussed.
Even if I thought it would not happen, if my acquaintances were talking about creating "another Columbine", I'd have notified someone.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:04 pm

At least there doesn't seem to be a Texas connection this time.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Bob Of Burleson wrote:At least there doesn't seem to be a Texas connection this time.

I do hope no one uncovers one.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:55 pm

LibraryLady wrote:The names of the suspects have not been released, and a motive is not known, but witnesses told police that the shooters said "this is a revolution."

Not much of a revolution if they kill themselves three minutes into it.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:57 pm

The reports I have read indicate the two perps were armed with Handguns.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:59 pm

crackertoes wrote:
LibraryLady wrote:The names of the suspects have not been released, and a motive is not known, but witnesses told police that the shooters said "this is a revolution."

Not much of a revolution if they kill themselves three minutes into it.

Some people put great stock in dying. I think there's more of a downside than an upside.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:01 pm

The Male perp had an extensive Felony Record, was out on Probation.

I am a never Hillaryite!

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Red Oak wrote:The reports I have read indicate the two perps were armed with Handguns.

They took the weapons from the dead officers, I read.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:

Return to “Your first forum”