Since We Are Taking Down The Confederate Flag>>>

Description of your first forum.
John In Austin

Since We Are Taking Down The Confederate Flag>>>

Postby John In Austin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:47 am

Let's get rid of the Texas Flag.

It is the only state flag permitted to fly at the same height as the American flag and this is unacceptable. All states are subservient to the almighty federal government.

It was used to defeat Mexico. Purely unacceptable.

It is a symbol of independence. Horrible concept in today's conformist culture.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

ralph

Re: Since We Are Taking Down The Confederate Flag>>>

Postby ralph » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am

that kinda thinking is probably in the works . The possible future 'vice president castro 'might be mentioning the idea in 'spanish' to his people as he urges them to vote for 'hilary' .

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:05 pm

To destroy a people or nation you must destroy and pervert their history and traditions.

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Sheeeeeeesh, do you guys have nothing else to talk about? One would think you live in SC for goodness sakes.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Sue,

This is far bigger than a flag. There is a concerted effort underway to destroy opposition to the current fascist leftist agenda. One nut kills 9 black people. It was a tragedy and the legal system will take care of the perpetrator. However, the left is blaming a flag for the racism of the gunman. If people don't rise up and say no to these people they will keep going until all opposition to their agenda is silenced.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

If a state wants to fly the Jolly Roger over the capitol building that should be their decision to make. One of the few choices the federal government hasn't taken away from them. But it's looking like that will be next.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:26 pm

I have rendered honors to the American flag on many occasions. But it is the flag under which Native Americans were slaughtered and Japanese-Americans were thrown into prison camps. If we are going to get our panties in a wad over the symbolism of a flag, maybe we should start with that one.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:30 pm

BigTex wrote:I have rendered honors to the American flag on many occasions. But it is the flag under which Native Americans were slaughtered and Japanese-Americans were thrown into prison camps. If we are going to get our panties in a wad over the symbolism of a flag, maybe we should start with that one.

It's coming.

And I would have been pro fighting Indians until they stopped shooting/fighting back..even if that meant wiping them out.

..and I would have been pro locking up the Japanese until after the war..I would not, however, been for seizing their property.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 pm

If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Clarifying that flag rule............

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp

Nothing in the federal flag code specifies exceptions for the Texas flag or any other state flag, nor does Texas' own flag code create or acknowledge any such exceptions. In fact, the Texas state flag code follows the federal flag code in all respects where the flying of the national flag and the Texas state flag together are concerned:
SUBCHAPTER B. DISPLAY OF STATE FLAG

§ 3100.055. Display on Flagpole or Flagstaff With Flag of United States

(a) If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.

(b) If the state flag and the flag of the United States are displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location:

(1) the flags should be displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs of the same height;
(2) the flags should be of approximately equal size;
(3) the flag of the United States should be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag;
(4) the flag of the United States should be hoisted before the state flag is hoisted; and
(5) the state flag should be lowered before the flag of the United States is lowered.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/history/american/ ... c1VDDPJ.99

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Return to “Your first forum”