Jade Helm - Day 2

Description of your first forum.
Castle Doctrine

Re: Jade Helm - Day 2

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:59 pm

BigTex wrote:No I don't think BO cares much about the military, other than the social engineering aspect.

I have some hope that people up and down the chain still know when to obey an order and when to refuse to obey an illegal one. But as the military continues to be molded to look more like a community college than a standing army, I have some concerns how long that will be the case.

I would tend to agree with that. But, I think that is a problem with all Presidents who haven't served. Bush will probably be the last to be able to claim even his sorry excuse for service. He did serve. Are any of the Republican candidate wannabes vets of any sort? I don't think so but I really don't know.

I have a great deal of faith in the internal coc. My concern is not with obedience but their ability to distinguish an illegal order from a legal one...or even that he concept of an illegal order will even continue to exist. I have to tell you, I live literally across I-25 from Ft Carson. I see these guys in stores, restaurants, next door. And they sure as Hell look like an Army to me. The only thing these guys have in common with a community college is haircuts and tattoos. Honest to God, I like being around them...regardless of how silly the damn BDUs look.

I have real concerns about the "volunteer force" concept generally. I hated conscription when it loomed over me. I was afraid it would disrupt my plans...I was planning a Naval career right from the start. Now, I find myself concerned that in its absence the Force is totally divorced from the civilian community. No one has a real stake here except the vols families. The civilian community doesn't feel the effects of war even to the extent they felt Vietnam...and that was damn little. The volunteer force allows, o some extent, the government to conduct low level wars without any meaningful opposition. "Hell NO...we won't go" has been replaced by "Support the Troops" and a dozen other phony sentiments on bumper stickers. Even today, war requires the agreement of the civilian population. When they don't agree, the war ends...or doesn't start.

Seriously, how long do you think the civilians would have tolerated the "total surrender" policy of the Allies had we suffered casualties commensurate with the German loses with the destruction of Army Group Center. Consensus among historians is not very damn long...FDR was having enough trouble with the bloodbaths in the Pacific.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:37 pm

These are the times and places for massive open carry.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:22 pm

GFB wrote:These are the times and places for massive open carry.

Why do you think that? What exactly do you imagine is going to be done by these American troops?

And as far as open carry...cool. Carry your toy. But, don't imagine it is going to do you any good against an M-16 in the hands of a trained troop. You will be hopelessly outclassed by the elements of the finest, most effective military on Earth.

If I was really concerned about martial law the last thing I would want would be to advertise my weapons cache. Really dumb. Hope this hasn't been too long and rambling for you. You need to consider this.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
GFB wrote:These are the times and places for massive open carry.

Why do you think that? What exactly do you imagine is going to be done by these American troops?

And as far as open carry...cool. Carry your toy. But, don't imagine it is going to do you any good against an M-16 in the hands of a trained troop. You will be hopelessly outclassed by the elements of the finest, most effective military on Earth.

If I was really concerned about martial law the last thing I would want would be to advertise my weapons cache. Really dumb. Hope this hasn't been too long and rambling for you. You need to consider this.

The reason would be to clarify that the U.S. military is for use against foreign nations and foreign people..they have no business doing military maneuvers outside their bases/training grounds in American neighborhoods or where people live or work.

..while, more importantly..clarifying that American citizen civilians are the ones that should be carrying and moving freely around American neighborhoods..armed if they want to be.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:22 pm

good post Greg , thanks . Not likely to convince the statists though !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:11 am

so , whats going on , any observations on this military training going on in Texas and a few other USA states .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:19 am

I understand they are going door to door confiscating guns and cell phones in Wimberley.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:33 am

GOOD , will make for interesting conversation !!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:31 am

Who knew those damned old hippies in Wimberly had guns ? :)

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:29 am

Funny comment from "Donny Brook" on the issue: "I live a few miles East of Bastrop and this story is so overblown the people writing them should be convicted of lying and given to Jade Helm 15 as POWs. I don't know of anyone in the least bit concerned about JH15 that lives in Bastrop, Smithville, or Cedar Creek. In fact the entire storyline has become an open joke to most of us. Ye, I'm sure there is someone or maybe a half-dozen who are freaked but they also sleep under lead blankets so the government can't Exray them. "

We're all still safe here in Hopkins County. :D
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:37 am

BigTex wrote:I understand they are going door to door confiscating guns and cell phones in Wimberley.

I heard they were beheading Conservatives summarily...with rusty pen knives. Supposedly they are going to pile the heads up outside the State Capital...like with the Mongols and Dehli or Samarkand.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 am

You're right. It's a much funnier gag when you make it partisan.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 am

Castle Doctrine wrote:I heard they were beheading Conservatives summarily...with rusty pen knives. Supposedly they are going to pile the heads up outside the State Capital...like with the Mongols and Dehli or Samarkand.

That would be occurring in the Austin base of operations I assume. :D My BIL is doomed (or maybe not - he is in favor of same sex marriage after all :) ) but the rest of my family will safe.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Return to “Your first forum”