Rand Paul attacks Trump-"An empty suit"

Description of your first forum.
BillB

Rand Paul attacks Trump-"An empty suit"

Postby BillB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:09 am

Rand Paul is leading the charge against Trump.
Yesterday, Paul did a press conference and also appeared on FOX, calling Trump an empty suit and a fake conservative.
Paul is not doing well in the polls and may be looking to distinguish himself from the pack. He's taking a chance going after Trump, but he doesn't have much to lose.

John In Austin

Re: Rand Paul attacks Trump-"An empty Suit"

Postby John In Austin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:13 am

If/when Trump goes away 25 or so percent of Republicans will be looking for a second choice. Picking on their first choice is not A good strategy. Leave Trump alone and let things play out.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

John in Plano

Re: Rand Paul attacks Trump-"An empty Suit"

Postby John in Plano » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:14 am

Another swing and miss by Paul

Perry is the EmptySuit and has been elected to office as a democrat
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Mark

Re: Rand Paul attacks Trump-"An empty suit"

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:38 am

Rick Perry tried the "attack Trump" strategy a couple weeks ago, and look where that got him.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Our little canary testing the poisonous atmosphere of the Trump dump.

I couldn't be more proud.

The problem is not that Trump is an empty suit ... it's that he is full
of it. There's just way too much in that suit. Somebody get a box of
didies.
All Life is Feudal

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 pm

If anyone knows what an empty suit is, it would be Rand Paul. He sees one in his mirror every morning.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:34 pm

If your referring to Paul's appearance on the O'Riley Factor, he did not call Trump "An empty suit". You can watch it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSvVFqgDREI[url][/url]
I don't know of any other time he did either. He did refer to him as a "fake conservative". That is an accurate description of Trump I think. As I said before he's been all over the board on a lot of issues and really has no conservative credentials.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 pm

planosteve wrote:If your referring to Paul's appearance on the O'Riley Factor, he did not call Trump "An empty suit". You can watch it here.
I don't know of any other time he did either. He did refer to him as a "fake conservative". That is an accurate description of Trump I think. As I said before he's been all over the board on a lot of issues and really has no conservative credentials.

Really?
Rand Paul: Donald Trump Is a 'Bully' and an 'Empty Suit'

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-ele ... t-20150810

You learned something.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

BillB wrote:
planosteve wrote:If your referring to Paul's appearance on the O'Riley Factor, he did not call Trump "An empty suit". You can watch it here.

Really?

You learned something.

All I see is some website called nationaljournal.com and somebody called Emma Roller that wrote an article titled Rand Paul: Donald Trump Is a 'Bully' and an 'Empty Suit'. But, there was no direct quote or even specific reference other than some supposed "conference call with reporters for the explicit purpose of trash-talking Trump". Who has conference calls with reporters? I've never heard of that.
I didn't learn anything.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 pm

planosteve wrote:
BillB wrote:

Really?

You learned something.

All I see is some website called nationaljournal.com and somebody called Emma Roller that wrote an article titled Rand Paul: Donald Trump Is a 'Bully' and an 'Empty Suit'. But, there was no direct quote or even specific reference other than some supposed "conference call with reporters for the explicit purpose of trash-talking Trump". Who has conference calls with reporters? I've never heard of that.
I didn't learn anything.

Some people are that way.

“Is there really anything substantive coming out of saying ‘people are fat, people are stupid’?” Paul asked. “That kind of logic, you just have to wonder, um, if somebody really needs to point out the sort of lack of logic, the lack of anything substantive being said. . . . Apparently not enough people are noticing that we’ve got an empty suit here, full of bravado but not full of anything meaningful for the country.”

It took about 3 minutes to find this on Google. You must be having a boring day.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:17 pm

It took about 3 minutes to find this on Google. You must be having a boring day.
A very poorly written herkey jerkey hit piece on Paul. Still not clear where the supposed quote calling Trump an empty suit originated.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:31 pm

planosteve wrote:
A very poorly written herkey jerkey hit piece on Paul. Still not clear where the supposed quote calling Trump an empty suit originated.

National Review is a legitimate source. They are quoting Rand Paul as calling Trump an empty suit.
I don't think I'll respond to any more of this. I think I've provided everything I need to provide.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:06 pm

BillB wrote:
planosteve wrote:

National Review is a legitimate source. They are quoting Rand Paul as calling Trump an empty suit.
I don't think I'll respond to any more of this. I think I've provided everything I need to provide.

Me too except to point out that National Review is a Neocon rag.

Return to “Your first forum”