Do you fear death ?

Description of your first forum.
mayhem

Re: Do you fear death ?

Postby mayhem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Oh, I forgot.

Like many people I carry my medical history around with me. Any Emergency Dept can pop that
little sucker into their computer and have it.

In my case I think it's called a "Lucy" record. I don't know why.

I have my last wishes in it, too. I also thanked those who cared for me and wished them well.

TDW
All Life is Feudal

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:41 pm

The ERs I've dealt with are so disorganized, the less info they have the better. It's just less to screw up on.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:27 pm

I asked my Mom, not to long ago, what if we are wrong and death is the end - nothing after that - no heaven - no face of God - nothing. She said so what? We would have had the comfort of the belief system here on Earth. I thought it was a simple and profound statement from a woman of great faith.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Your mother is a brilliant woman.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 am

Bob Of Burleson wrote:Your mother is a brilliant woman.

Yes she is. She's absolutely amazing.............and can be pretty danged funny.

She's learning, at 89, how to use the laptop my BIL bought for her. She was having problems the other day and she and I were exchanging emails trying to fix the problem. She finally said "I think I'll quit for today and go have a cookie. That seems to solve most problems." I laughed out loud when I read it.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:30 am

millergrovesue wrote:
Bob Of Burleson wrote:Your mother is a brilliant woman.

Yes she is. She's absolutely amazing.............and can be pretty danged funny.

She's learning, at 89, how to use the laptop my BIL bought for her. She was having problems the other day and she and I were exchanging emails trying to fix the problem. She finally said "I think I'll quit for today and go have a cookie. That seems to solve most problems." I laughed out loud when I read it.

Cute story Sue. I look forward to not having to go to a job everyday one day in the future. Hope I enjoy it when I get there.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:35 am

I feel about death the same way I feel about retirement. I took my best shot, and now its someone else's turn. I have tried to leave things prepared and to impart my "wisdom", but it will be up to the next generation to make of it what they will... or won't. I would certainly like to see my grandson grow up, but I know there are no guarantees, so I try to live for today while preparing for tomorrow. I might have 35 years or 35 minutes left; no point in worrying about it.

Return to “Your first forum”