headline making news , School kid and Police

Description of your first forum.
ralph

headline making news , School kid and Police

Postby ralph » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:29 pm

guess that its all on the news as I saw it just a bit earlier on tely !! --- http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/south- ... index.html --- south Carolina !!

Red Oak

Re: headline making news , School kid and Police

Postby Red Oak » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 pm

I am conflicted over this, one part of me see an extreme over reaction by the Policeman; the other part of me knows that if I refuse to comply with a lawful order of a Policeman the same thing would happened to me (legally) and no one would care.

It would have been better if he had of handcuffed her to the desk and drug her out to the curb.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:55 pm

I can't see anywhere that it says what she did..whatever it was, the world worked better when teachers did the disciplining.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:08 pm

This is more insanity..why didn't he just shoot her?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:11 pm

She was asked to leave the classroom and refused. I too am torn, you can't refuse a lawful order, but he was not(as far as I can tell) in a dangerous situation.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Sangersteve wrote:She was asked to leave the classroom and refused. I too am torn, you can't refuse a lawful order, but he was not(as far as I can tell) in a dangerous situation.

Ok, could someone explain the situation that would call for a cop to get a student to leave a room?...was she 7 feet tall?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Ok, could someone explain the situation that would call for a cop to get a student to leave a room?...was she 7 feet tall?

Now, Greg, you know a teacher has been stripped of any authority in the class room. They can kindly ask a disruptive child to leave the room, but if the child refuses, you gotta call the resource officer.

Oh BTW a California school will pass a child if they can manage to show up.

Officials in a public school district about 50 miles north of San Francisco have found a new and exciting way to coddle kids. Under a new policy, students will be able to earn passing grades with scores of just 20 percent — and a solid C for doing absolutely nothing at all.

The lax, taxpayer-funded Cotati-Rohnert Park school district’s new grading system is called the equal interval scale, reports The Press Democrat, a newspaper out of nearby Santa Rosa.

The Cotati-Rohnert Park grade scale deviates from the traditional, well-established A-through-F scale by distributing grades in 20-percent increments from 0 to 100 percent, and by only giving grades of F for students with scores below 20 percent.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Yes, I realize that Steve..about teachers having been stripped of that power.

I'm just wondering how this works out better with a cop.

By the way, thanks to whoever posted this..I hadn't seen it..not somewhere that I would have or will.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm

She was disrupting the class the teacher asked he to leave, she refused. The Vice Principle was called he asked to leave the class, she refused. The campus policeman was called, he told her to leave or she would be detained, she refused. He stacked her ass and handcuffed her.

That is what the police do to you when they detain or arrest you, and you do not comply.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Red Oak wrote:She was disrupting the class the teacher asked he to leave, she refused. The Vice Principle was called he asked to leave the class, she refused. The campus policeman was called, he told her to leave or she would be detained, she refused. He stacked her ass and handcuffed her.

That is what the police do to you when they detain or arrest you, and you do not comply.

But she is a special little snowflake,

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:55 am

I think she was chewing gum and refused to stop when asked. They should have just stopped the class and then suspended her for a couple of weeks. I don't think it right to use force in a school against a student unless they initiate it. It teaches a bad lesson.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:17 am

You try failing to comply with the PoPo Steve and let us know what happens.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:18 am

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Tuesday that the video shows the student hitting the officer who had been called to the class, but that his internal investigation did not concern the student’s behavior. He told reporters that, although the student “was wrong for disturbing the class, I’m looking at what our deputy did.”

Witnesses report that the student had taken out her cell phone in class and then refused to turn it over to a teacher. The teacher then brought in a school administrator, who asked the girl several times to leave the classroom. After the student refused those requests, the administrator requested the assistance of the deputy.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:53 am

Ok, I've learned a bit more.

I'm not conflicted at all. This is what needs to be done in a situation like that.

It's just that..thanks to liberalism, we need a cop to do what a teacher used to do.

I'm frequently hard on the cops..not this one.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:05 am

planosteve wrote:I think she was chewing gum and refused to stop when asked. They should have just stopped the class and then suspended her for a couple of weeks. I don't think it right to use force in a school against a student unless they initiate it. It teaches a bad lesson.

The class had been stopped for some time, as the teacher told the student to leave the class, the Assistant Principal told the student to leave the class, and then, finally, the police officer.

Should they have just brought in a construction crew and built a wall around her, since she refused to move? Should they have moved the class out into the hallway?

Why can't the kid be expected, at some point, to finally do as she is instructed? I see a lot of problems with the authorities in her future (probably her past, too).

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:09 am

Red Oak wrote:You try failing to comply with the PoPo Steve and let us know what happens.

The police should never have been called in the first place. But, the police should not be allowed to use force in a school against children unless it is to stop a violent situation.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:20 am

Honestly, if that was my bratty kid, the consequences would be severe. This is exactly what's wrong with our country. Everyone is "entitled" to do what they want, when they want and to who they want. She'll get her 15 minutes of fame and people will back her up. There is a tremendous lack of respect in our country today. Hit a police officer? And he's the one in trouble for removing her from the classroom? We were strict parents. If you have 4 children very close in age, you'd better not let any of them get out of hand. I was NOT their friend, I am their mother.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:22 am

And planosteve, this wasn't about chewing gum....she wouldn't put her phone away. She was disrupting the whole class.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:23 am

Red Oak wrote:I am conflicted over this, one part of me see an extreme over reaction by the Policeman; the other part of me knows that if I refuse to comply with a lawful order of a Policeman the same thing would happened to me (legally) and no one would care.

It would have been better if he had of handcuffed her to the desk and drug her out to the curb.

I liked the world better when young people were expected to respect ALL grown ups..ESPECIALLY teachers.

The cops pretty much just had to worry about the adults.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:26 am

ann jusko wrote:And planosteve, this wasn't about chewing gum....she wouldn't put her phone away. She was disrupting the whole class.

She wouldn't put her phone away so they called the police? That's when you call the principal or superintendent for assistance, not the police!

Return to “Your first forum”