headline making news , School kid and Police

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: headline making news , School kid and Police

Postby ralph » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:44 am

or best thing to happen to the LAW and a good deal for disruptors as the law is changed in the disruptors favor . --- http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/distur ... id=UP72DHP --- More coddling coming as focus goes to keeping disruptors in school .

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:44 pm

I stand corrected! The kids a staged protest at 10:00 am yesterday and walked out. However, the principal handled it well. Apparently the students told him ahead of time and he told the teachers to let them go to the atrium. It's all over social media: the kids saying they could always depend on him, he was a good guy, etc. etc. etc. Maybe this girl had been a trouble maker all along. I really thought the kids would run wild thinking nothing would be done about it. Sounds like a bunch of good kids to me.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:24 pm

GFB wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
planosteve wrote:She wouldn't put her phone away so they called the police? That's when you call the principal or superintendent for assistance, not the police!
OK, well the assistant principal WAS called in (not the principal, who doesn't handle this sort of thing). She refused to cooperate. Now what?
If this were an airplane, or a courtroom, or many other places in the "real" world, this outcome would have happened much, much sooner.
FWIW, I blame the parents, who apparently have instilled a complete lack of respect for authority in this child, as well as the sense of entitlement necessary to pull a phone out in the classroom. 99.999% of kids know that when the police are called, they are coming with a Club Flush, and it's time to stop bluffing with your Jack-high nothin'.

Jello, don't you think lack of respect for adults in general is now something that is normal in parenting?

..and has been replaced with.."don't trust adults, they're all out to get you."

I think that's more true in some cultures and areas than in others. I was very fortunate to work most of my career at a school where there was/is a tremendous respect for authority from parents and students. Even so, there was the occasional exception, who stuck out like a t*rd in a punch bowl. That seems to be the case with this incident, too. The other students didn't move a muscle during the incident, and not a word of protest from them (although another student did eventually complain), and now the students are protesting in support of the officer.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:37 pm

jellowrestling wrote: and now the students are protesting in support of the officer.

Uh, I think the count at the protest was about 100. There are something like 2500 at the school.

GFB wrote:"don't trust adults, they're all out to get you."

Certainly nothing new for those of us who were teens in the 60s and didn't trust anyone over 30.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:21 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
jellowrestling wrote: and now the students are protesting in support of the officer.

Uh, I think the count at the protest was about 100. There are something like 2500 at the school.

GFB wrote:"don't trust adults, they're all out to get you."

Certainly nothing new for those of us who were teens in the 60s and didn't trust anyone over 30.

That was something different..young people that thought they knew everything and those over 30 just weren't "cool."

I was asking Jello about my personal perception in which..parents nowadays have thoroughly negated the respect for adults we were all taught to have when we were very young..school age..and turned that intoo.."assume all grown ups are child molesters."

I think society is suffering terribly because of that.

The overwhelming majority of adults are anxious to help young dhildren..and very much should have their respect and be listened to by them.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:40 pm

I am doing a lot of substitute teaching at both Junior High and High School classes. The kids that want to learn are very glad when order is maintained. It doesn't take long to see who wants to "try" authority. If you shut them down it is a pretty nice way to spend a day.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:06 pm

My nephew is principal at a charter middle school near Austin. His wife teaches French at the school. The kids there want to learn and the teachers seem to be great - so great that my niece has moved her 4 kids to the school even though it puts a hardship on her family what with travel and all. It's a wonderful situation for the kids fortunate enough to go to school there. Wish all kids had the same opportunity.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:06 pm

millergrovesue wrote:

Organized support for the officer needs to be marginalized, doesn't it?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:26 am

BigTex wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

Organized support for the officer needs to be marginalized, doesn't it?

I was stating a fact, not marginalizing.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:59 am

millergrovesue wrote:I was stating a fact, not marginalizing.

If 100 kids had organized in support of the girl would you have mentioned it?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:35 am

millergrovesue wrote:

Here is the original, Tex. Notice I was responding to jellowrestling's comment "the students are protesting". No, not all the students. Only 100 of the students. And had it been 100 students supporting the girl, yes, I would have said the same thing. Sheeeeeessssssssshhhhhhhhh. Are you just wanting to pick a fight?

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:49 am

I believe I referred to 100 students, which was the number you brought up.

Why do you think I'm trying to pick a fight?

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 am

I'm just trying to determine if 100 students would be an insignificant number in all situations or just in support of the officer.

Return to “Your first forum”