Olbermann is spot on

Description of your first forum.
mayhem

Re: Olbermann is spot on

Postby mayhem » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:00 pm

rusty wrote:Just what I thought.
Not one person has discounted the commentary. Only the commentator, or even more ridiculous, the avenue of delivery.

And, while we are at it:

"Published on Sep 15, 2016

After another week of violence and mayhem, it's clear Hillary Clinton's controversial assessment of Trump's fans was, well, generous."

Awwww. They even mentioned me.
All Life is Feudal

rusty

Postby rusty » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:35 am

John in Plano wrote:
rusty wrote:
John in Plano wrote:You did here, which indicates you do use entertainers for information.

So, are you voting for the liar married to the liar former President?

Wait a minute, because I posted an opinion I agree with you suggest that that's where I got my information? Hmmmm, quite a stretch.

I've said numerous times that I'm not all that keen on Clinton. But I don't guess one liar is any worse than the other if all you're looking for at is lies. Hell, if I based my vote on whether or not a candidate is a liar I would never be able to vote for anybody.

I'm not even sure how you can use the "Clinton is a liar" angle to defend Trump.

Wait a second, your link so yea even Stevie Wonder can see you found it and shared it so it's obvious it's your source of political info.
It's ok, some would say he serves the low info voter.
And I offered no defense of either candidate.
I did phrase a question calling Hillary and Bill liars, which you admit they are,so why whine about calling them liars?

In the first place, I don't "whine" and I didn't see anybody on this thread whine about calling them liars.
In the second place, posting an opinion, or agreeing with an opinion is no way related to getting information from someone.

Let's say that you tell me "it's a nice morning outside", and a little while later I walk outside and say to myself "John in Plano is right, it IS a nice morning outside." Does that mean I get my weather information from you? Or am I simply agreeing with your assessment?

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:40 am

Both
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 am

GFB wrote:Both

yep
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

rusty

Postby rusty » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

John in Plano wrote:
GFB wrote:Both

yep

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Okay. LOL!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:43 pm

GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:
John in Plano wrote:
I don't use an entertainer for political information.

you can, too many others seem too

I don't look to entertainers for political "information" either, but the "opinion" is pretty spot on.
But, then again, I'm not getting ready to vote for a reality TV star for President. Who will be next, the naked guy from Survivor?

Oh yeah..and with Ronald Reagan it was..AN ACTOR???

Yeah, and how did that work out? Oh, yeah, Ronaldus Magnus was the best President in our lifetime.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:47 am

jellowrestling wrote:
GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:
I don't look to entertainers for political "information" either, but the "opinion" is pretty spot on.
But, then again, I'm not getting ready to vote for a reality TV star for President. Who will be next, the naked guy from Survivor?

Yeah, and how did that work out? Oh, yeah, Ronaldus Magnus was the best President in our lifetime.

Reagan is an extremely poor example. He'd been governor of a major state for 8 years.

I'll admit Reagan did some fine things, but he also promoted "trickle-down" which never did.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:27 am

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
GFB wrote:

Reagan is an extremely poor example. He'd been governor of a major state for 8 years.

I'll admit Reagan did some fine things, but he also promoted "trickle-down" which never did.

Not a good answer. Reagan was a great and beloved Governor, too.

And he went right from actor to Govermor of the largest state.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:32 am

and the TRICKLE DOWN concept worked fine for me and still does work for me .

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:26 pm

ralph wrote:and the TRICKLE DOWN concept worked fine for me and still does work for me .

So, YOU'RE the one it worked for!!!!!!

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:39 pm

GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Yeah, and how did that work out? Oh, yeah, Ronaldus Magnus was the best President in our lifetime.

Sorry, it was a perfect answer. Reagan didn't go from actor, reality TV star, etc. to the Presidency of the United States. He started as President of the Screen Actors Guild, which while not a governmental office, DID give him some practical experience in basic politics. After some time he ran for Governor of California where he gained 8 years of experience in state and probably national politics.

So, from your posts I get the idea that you consider Trump in the same category as Reagan, I can't speak for President Reagan, but I'm guessing he would be turning over in his grave that anyone would suggest Trump in the same category as he.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:46 pm

rusty wrote:
GFB wrote:
rusty wrote:
Ct

Sorry, it was a perfect answer. Reagan didn't go from actor, reality TV star, etc. to the Presidency of the United States. He started as President of the Screen Actors Guild, which while not a governmental office, DID give him some practical experience in basic politics. After some time he ran for Governor of California where he gained 8 years of experience in state and probably national politics.

So, from your posts I get the idea that you consider Trump in the same category as Reagan, I can't speak for President Reagan, but I'm guessing he would be turning over in his grave that anyone would suggest Trump in the same category as he.

Yes, I do consider him comparable to Reagan.

That does not mean they are the same on the issues..or even on style.

What it means..is Trump's strength, the confidence he will deliver back to the American psyche, the way he will leave a positive effect on the country building up the military, being a natural leader, once again showing the world strength instead of weakness..and being the right man for where we are in history..

..yes..he will be just like Reagan..maybe better.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:57 pm

..and people like you were either afraid of Reagan, or laughed at him.

Even though I didn't know that much about him prior to 1980..once I heard his fist inaugural address..I knew we were in for greatness.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:45 am

GFB wrote:..and people like you were either afraid of Reagan, or laughed at him.

Even though I didn't know that much about him prior to 1980..once I heard his fist inaugural address..I knew we were in for greatness.

People like me?

I was neither afraid of him nor laughed at him. Unlike many people I don't want a President of the United States to fail. I want each and every President to be the best President we ever had. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.
As I said earlier, Reagan did some fine things. The trickle down thing wasn't one of them and it's effects are being being demonstrated by the decline of the middle class in America.

Besides, I didn't bring Reagan into this thread, you did.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:41 am

Reagan didn't impress me growing up, first on his agenda was raising taxes.

Kids notice an increase in sales tax, I read about the other increases they didn't hit my meager weekly allowance.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:39 am

rusty wrote:
GFB wrote:..and people like you were either afraid of Reagan, or laughed at him.

People like me?

I was neither afraid of him nor laughed at him. Unlike many people I don't want a President of the United States to fail. I want each and every President to be the best President we ever had. That doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.
As I said earlier, Reagan did some fine things. The trickle down thing wasn't one of them and it's effects are being being demonstrated by the decline of the middle class in America.

Besides, I didn't bring Reagan into this thread, you did.

Reagan's economic policies were not "trickle down". That's just liberal BS. They initiated an economic boom that lasted for 25 years, with only a few short interruptions. While he was at it, he defeated the Soviets in the Cold War and prevented Communism from taking over all of Central America, in spite of Democratic Party, which was doing their best to support Commie b*st*rds like Daniel Ortega (and Castro, for that matter).

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:46 am

I think that the Democrats have made the same mistake with Trump that they did with Reagan. They have presented him in such a way that almost anyone who has not already made up their minds (a significant percentage) will say, "Wait: this guy isn't as bad as I've been hearing", and they will begin to have serious doubts about the integrity of the Democrats (if they didn't already have them). Further, those people will see Clinton's attack ads in a different light, and they will backfire. I also suspect that as soon as Hillary touts her leadership experience, Trump will tout her failures in those capacities.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:02 am

Deep State has controlled both parties candidates since JFK. They don't have to worry about who wins. That's why things never change no matter who is elected. So, do the control Trump? I don't know yet. Probably. But, if not then they control Pence and Trump won't last long if he's elected.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:41 am

"Trump won't last long if he's elected."

From your lips....

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 am

grouchy wrote:"Trump won't last long if he's elected."

From your lips....
Unless he is controlled. We probably won't find out for certain unless he is elected.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Return to “Your first forum”