Do you read lots of books?

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Do you read lots of books?

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 am

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

FlashM

Re: Do you read lots of books?

Postby FlashM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:30 pm

I scoped this out since I am inseparable from my Kindle Fire HD and found not all books are available on Amazon's Kindle Unlimited.

All the books on my wish list were unavailable, in fact. So I passed. :(
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:35 am

Is Kindle Unlimited worth it?

By Hayley Tsukayama July 18

Amazon.com introduced a new subscription service, Kindle Unlimited, on Friday. This $9.99 per month, all-you-can-eat feature gives you full access to a hundreds of thousands of e-books.

Bookworms, wipe your mouths; that drooling is unsightly.

But before you run out and sign up for the free trial, here are some things to consider before you make your decision.

How many books do you read per year?

Kindle Unlimited is $9.99 per month. So you'll be paying Amazon, whose chief executive Jeffrey Bezos owns The Washington Post, around $120 per year for the unfettered e-book access. If you're habitually spending money on more than one book per month, then it's a service to think about. It has its perks for big book buyers -- namely that don't have to worry about spending money on a book you end up hating.

But, chances are, you aren't reading more than one book per month. In January, the Pew Internet and American Life Project asked how many books the typical American had read in the past year.

The answer? Five.

MORE

Benbrook Susie

Postby Benbrook Susie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 am

But, chances are, you aren't reading more than one book per month. In January, the Pew Internet and American Life Project asked how many books the typical American had read in the past year.

The answer? Five.

:shock:

I typically read five books per WEEK. Lately mostly from the library; sometimes those 10-mystery or romance bundles for a few dollars on my Kindle from Amazon.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Return to “Your first forum”