McCain sinks the "skinny bill"

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

McCain sinks the "skinny bill"

Postby planosteve » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 am

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) killed the last-resort Senate Republican healthcare bill in a surprise vote early Friday morning, voting against a pared-down proposal that GOP leaders released only hours earlier.

Voting shortly after midnight, McCain - who returned to the Senate on Tuesday after undergoing emergency surgery related to brain cancer - joined GOP Sens. Susan Collins (Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) in opposing the measure that would have repealed key parts of ObamaCare.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartandhp
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Mark

Re: McCain sinks the "skinny bill"

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 am

Like I said before, eff John McCain.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 am

Good. As you know, I'm not a huge fan of O-care, but the Rs are the reason it's as screwed up as it is now.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:24 am

Yeah but he was a POW 50 years ago..so we're supposed to ignore that he's been a complete POS loser ever since.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

GFB wrote:Yeah but he was a POW 50 years ago..so we're supposed to ignore that he's been a complete POS loser ever since.

I prefer to think that his miserable performance as a Republican senator does not diminish the respect he deserves for the punishment he endured as a POW.

But that's just me.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:37 am

BigTex wrote:
GFB wrote:Yeah but he was a POW 50 years ago..so we're supposed to ignore that he's been a complete POS loser ever since.

I prefer to think that his miserable performance as a Republican senator does not diminish the respect he deserves for the punishment he endured as a POW.

But that's just me.

Yes..it's just like Congressman John Lewis.

We're supposed to love him, too..no matter how big a racist or America hater he is, because he got beat up by some cops in Selma Alabama 50 years ago.

A POS is a POS at my house.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 am

f--- mkcain , his vote is not a surprise to anyone .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:59 am

GFB wrote:
BigTex wrote:

But that's just me.

We're supposed to love him, too..no matter how big a racist or America hater he is, because he got beat up by some cops in Selma Alabama 50 years ago.

I don't care what you think about McCain as a senator, but his POW status hits close to home for me. Comparing that POW John McCain is as ludicrous a statement as I have seen here.

POW John McCain is a POS?

An idiot is an idiot at my house. Time to put you back on ignore.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:12 am

I read some news report that said McCain surprised the Senate with his vote.

If anyone was surprised, that person did not listen to McCain's speech on Monday.
He very emphatically said he would not vote for what was on the table then--and this "skinny" was going to eliminate more from health care--so I knew if McCain kept his word, he would vote no.

Mitch McConnell should read up on LBJ's method of running the Senate. NEVER call for a vote unless you know how every one will vote and know you will succeed. That builds the myth that you control everyone's vote. Pretty soon others believe it. Reality is just that you don't create a situation in which you look like you are not in control.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:18 am

BigTex wrote:
GFB wrote:
BigTex wrote:

But that's just me.

I don't care what you think about McCain as a senator, but his POW status hits close to home for me. Comparing that POW John McCain is as ludicrous a statement as I have seen here.

POW John McCain is a POS?

An idiot is an idiot at my house. Time to put you back on ignore.

He's not a POW..he was a POW 50 years ago.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:I read some news report that said McCain surprised the Senate with his vote.

If anyone was surprised, that person did not listen to McCain's speech on Monday.
He very emphatically said he would not vote for what was on the table then--and this "skinny" was going to eliminate more from health care--so I knew if McCain kept his word, he would vote no.

Mitch McConnell should read up on LBJ's method of running the Senate. NEVER call for a vote unless you know how every one will vote and know you will succeed. That builds the myth that you control everyone's vote. Pretty soon others believe it. Reality is just that you don't create a situation in which you look like you are not in control.

Trump's buttering up of McCain before the vote was pretty transparent. But that's what politicians do.

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:I read some news report that said McCain surprised the Senate with his vote.

What about McCain's promise to his constituents to repeal Obamacare?

Back by popular request:

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

Mark wrote:

POS

kent

Postby kent » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Mark wrote:

that was to get elected. As a politician, he's a POS

As for the republicans being responsible for the POS legislation that Obamacare is.... that is totally laughable!! Not a single republican voted for this crap, in fact, they weren't even allowed to read it before it came to a vote! God I love revisionist history - NOT

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Amen

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:29 pm

ralph wrote:f--- mkcain , his vote is not a surprise to anyone .

Rolf ... I think his vote w a great surprise to many. McCconnell was practically waitin' at the gate to help him with his lugage.

You might wanna listen to news not made by Mattel.
All Life is Feudal

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:41 pm

kent wrote:
Mark wrote:

As for the republicans being responsible for the POS legislation that Obamacare is.... that is totally laughable!! Not a single republican voted for this crap, in fact, they weren't even allowed to read it before it came to a vote! God I love revisionist history - NOT

Republicans were also not allowed to offer amendments to Obamacare. They were completely shut out of the process.

Back by popular request:

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:55 pm

mayhem wrote:
ralph wrote:f--- mkcain , his vote is not a surprise to anyone .

Rolf ... I think his vote was a
ralph wrote: Quote ralph

Post by ralph » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 am
a great surprise to many. McCconnell was practically waitin' at the gate to help him with his lugage.

You might wanna listen to news not made by Mattel.
All Life is Feudal

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Mark wrote:
kent wrote:
Mark wrote:

Republicans were also not allowed to offer amendments to Obamacare. They were completely shut out of the process.

Incorrect.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 pm

kent wrote:
Mark wrote:

It's only laughable if you believe the Republican spin. If they didn't read the bill it was because they didn't want to. Aside from that, the compromise was crafted by a bipartisan committee, it was during these committee meetings that Democrats (foolishly) allowed the Republicans to do 3 major things that basically sabotaged the Health Care Act before it even got off the ground. 1. Refuse to consider a sing;e-payer system. 2. Refuse to consider the public option. 3. Undermine the risk-corridor provision.
These are just 3 that would have made premiums more affordable and keep insurers in the system to compete. That's why I see the Rs are responsible for the major problems. I say that because it is true.
I'm sure all of that stuff is in the Congressional record if anyone cares to look. But the politicians know that most people don't care to look.

Return to “Your first forum”