grouchy

Re: Spiritual Awakening and Bible Studies at the White House

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:52 pm

To each his own Ralph.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 pm

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Why would Trump, a Presbyterian who's family is mostly Jewish be interested in some prayer group run by an ex basketball player which is an offshoot of the Pat Robertson faction of the evangelicals? It doesn't make any sense.

His family is not mostly Jewish.

A small percentage of his family is.

..Ivanka married a Jew, and I'm pretty sure Ivanka converted and is raising Jewish children.

That leaves his other 4 children and their children..as well as his various wives and their families..that are not Jewish.

That's three other children, not 4. Donald Jr. and Eric both married Jews. Kershner, Ivanka's husband, performed Eric's marriage. In Judism the religion of the mother is the religion of the children. Thus all Trump's grandchildren are Jews. His unmarried daughter, Tiffany, is dating a Jew.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:49 pm

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Why would Trump, a Presbyterian who's family is mostly Jewish be interested in some prayer group run by an ex basketball player which is an offshoot of the Pat Robertson faction of the evangelicals? It doesn't make any sense.

His family is not mostly Jewish.

A small percentage of his family is.

..Ivanka married a Jew, and I'm pretty sure Ivanka converted and is raising Jewish children.

That leaves his other 4 children and their children..as well as his various wives and their families..that are not Jewish.

That's three other children, not 4. Donald Jr. and Eric both married Jews. Kershner, Ivanka's husband, performed Eric's marriage. In Judism the religion of the mother is the religion of the children. Thus all Trump's grandchildren are Jews. His unmarried daughter, Tiffany, is dating a Jew.

4 other children..Baron..there are 5 Trump kids all together.

And you are wrong..neither Eric or Donald Trump Jrs wives are Jewish..not that it matters to anyone here except you.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:20 am

And you are wrong..neither Eric or Donald Trump Jrs wives are Jewish..not that it matters to anyone here except you.

Your right on Barron, he's just a kid. Eric's wife is Jewish and they were married in a Jewish ceremony. Jr's wife was born Jewish, but I'm not sure if she still was when they were married. She might have converted, but no definite info on that.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:24 am

planosteve wrote:

Your right on Barron, he's just a kid. Eric's wife is Jewish and they were married in a Jewish ceremony. Jr's wife was born Jewish, but I'm not sure if she still was when they were married. She might have converted, but no definite info on that.

This is having to systemically dismantlie a lie.

No, Eric Trump did not have a Jewish wedding. No Eric's wife is not Jewish, and like his brother Don Jr, is not raising their kids Jewish. Ivanka is Jewish because she converted, none of the others are.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:44 am

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:

This is having to systemically dismantlie a lie.

No, Eric Trump did not have a Jewish wedding. No Eric's wife is not Jewish, and like his brother Don Jr, is not raising their kids Jewish. Ivanka is Jewish because she converted, none of the others are.
Those Trump kids sure have a type. Five years after Ivanka Trump married New York Observer publisher Jared Kushner (a card-carrying MOT for whom she converted), younger brother Eric Trump followed in her footsteps, marrying Inside Edition’s Lara Yunaska on Saturday at dad’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach.
Kushner himself performed the ceremony, which the New York Post reports took place under a “crystal-embellished” chuppah. Because while the wedding may have been Jewish, it was still Trump.
http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/186935/ ... -the-books

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 am

Fake news..Kushner performing the ceremony does not make it a Jewish wedding.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:54 am

..and thanks for the new kookburger link.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:54 pm

GFB wrote:Fake news..Kushner performing the ceremony does not make it a Jewish wedding.

So, Kushner, an orthodox Jew, performing a wedding ceremony makes it a what? Baptist wedding? Greek Orthodox? Buddist?
What?

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:25 pm

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:Fake news..Kushner performing the ceremony does not make it a Jewish wedding.

So, Kushner, an orthodox Jew, performing a wedding ceremony makes it a what? Baptist wedding? Greek Orthodox? Buddist?
What?

Is Kushner a Rabbi ?

I can't find info showing his credentials for performing a wedding ceremony.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:37 pm

planosteve wrote:

What?

It makes it a wedding..same as mine.

I have no idea what religion the man that married us was..nor did I care.

I'm sure it was very nice having the brother in law marry them.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:45 pm

John in Plano wrote:
planosteve wrote:

What?

Is Kushner a Rabbi ?

I can't find info showing his credentials for performing a wedding ceremony.
That I don't know. But, there are a number of sources that say Kushner performed the ceremony.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:42 pm

planosteve wrote:

We agree 100%.

By the way, (and I know something about this) Trump is not a Presbyterian that most Pesbyterians would recognize as Presbyterian.

And the way I understand it: Trump only gets notes about 'what happened.' at the study. (deo volente)

And as long as we are thinking about it, no Christian should be allowed near the football. Ever.
All Life is Feudal

kent

Postby kent » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Lots of know-it-all experts on here. Have any of you been in the Bible study? any of the prayer conferences? Have you even talked to anyone who has?

pathetic, really.

Sorry, Steve. I appreciate you trying to keep this alive, but I'm not sure why I even come here any more (well, except for BBQ tips).

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Seperation of church and state is a good thing. Christian "Bible Study", has no place in the White House or anywhere else in govt. Also, the Churches need to be taxed just like any other money making activity.

kent

Postby kent » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 pm

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So, PS, where in the first amendment does it say the president can't pray, have bible study, sing hymns, bow to the west, chant, whatever? To say the President can't, would then be a violation by "prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

By having prayer meetings, etc. is NOT making a law respecting an establishment of religion. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say the President has to be an atheist.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:53 pm

So, Kent, I guess you would have been OK with having prayer mats and praying 6 times a day in the White House during the Obama administration.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:42 pm

planosteve wrote:So, Kent, I guess you would have been OK with having prayer mats and praying 6 times a day in the White House during the Obama administration.

--------------------------------------------- i can't speak for Kent but i don't think that anything Kent said has anything to do with mrobama , his prayer rugs or his korans PSteve . I think that ALL of mrobamas religious gear would be allowed by the USA Constitution . Its up to Americans to keep mrobama and his religion out of the WHITEHOUSE by never electing him PSteve .

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 pm

planosteve wrote:So, Kent, I guess you would have been OK with having prayer mats and praying 6 times a day in the White House during the Obama administration.

We probably did.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:51 pm

ralph wrote:

--------------------------------------------- i can't speak for Kent but i don't think that anything Kent said has anything to do with mrobama , his prayer rugs or his korans PSteve . I think that ALL of mrobamas religious gear would be allowed by the USA Constitution . Its up to Americans to keep mrobama and his religion out of the WHITEHOUSE by never electing him PSteve .
I didn't think anyone would take that literally.

Return to “Your first forum”