Is it a crime to destroy public property?

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Is it a crime to destroy public property?

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:01 pm

WHERE WERE THE COPS?
I don't much care where your political viewpoint is on the Confederate statues or school names.
Why are leftist groups allowed to destroy monuments they don't like?
We have arrived at the point in time that city and state officials stand by and allow this to happen.

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A crowd of protesters gathered outside the old Durham County courthouse on Main Street Monday evening in opposition to a Confederate monument in front of the government building.

Around 7:10 p.m. a woman using a ladder climbed the statue of a soldier and attached a rope around the statue.

Moments later, the crowd pulled on the rope and the statue fell. One man quickly ran up and spat on the statue and several others began kicking it.

http://wncn.com/2017/08/14/protesters-r ... ourthouse/
It's a joke son,I say a joke

grouchy

Re: Is it a crime to destroy public property?

Postby grouchy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:30 pm

They deserve arrest.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Yet many here keep enabling the swine that commit these crimes - do you dumb asses think they will stop at Confederate Monuments ? With Other Monuments to Dead White Men ? They will be around to cut your throat if you live long enough !

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:42 pm

lots of talk on different boards about both Charlottesville and Durham and the lack of policing . Probably on orders by those that control the police .

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Red Oak wrote:Yet many here keep enabling the swine that commit these crimes - do you dumb asses think they will stop at Confederate Monuments ? With Other Monuments to Dead White Men ? They will be around to cut your throat if you live long enough !

----------------------------------------------- yep , anarchy as we see may be coming . Same happened in 'berkely' and different places in the USA .

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:24 am

when will they decide to topple Sam Houston's Memorial Statue ??

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:34 am

Remove Statue of Sam Houston --- https://www.click2houston.com/news/sam- ... ontroversy ---

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:53 am

Sheriff of Durham reasoning on why he did Nothing and on what he is going to do next --- http://abc11.com/politics/sheriff-to-se ... s/2309889/ --- good video .

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 am

Red Oak wrote:Yet many here keep enabling the swine that commit these crimes - do you dumb asses think they will stop at Confederate Monuments ? With Other Monuments to Dead White Men ? They will be around to cut your throat if you live long enough !

One more Pity Party and Paranoid Pump.

Over this past week end I observed maybe two dozen trucks driven by what looked like HS students.

The reason I mention it ... we are way above the Mason Dixon line ... they flaunted what they thought of as
the confederate flag (because they are just stupid or they don't care) and they really are stupid.

It's way pasted time that we heal the stains of the CW by remembering that one side won, tragic though it was, and the losers lost; and tear down the horror, the evil, the self destructive reality some rage to maintain.

We don't need our kids driving around in trucks, drinking Budweiser, screaming the rebel yell (whatever that is), and flaunting that seriously ugly flag. Robert E. Lee was one of the greatest Americans. If he could see what has happened with these achingly bad symbols, he would encourage us to read some of his writings. (next page)
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 am

"Even Robert E. Lee Wanted the Confederate Flag Gone
The recent fracas over the Confederate battle flags at Robert E. Lee’s crypt masks a great irony: Lee would have been among the first to say the flags should go.
Jonathan Horn

Where Confederate battle flag replicas once flew at Washington and Lee University in the chapel above Robert E. Lee’s tomb, controversy now hangs as Virginians prepare to observe the January 19 birthday of the Confederate general-turned-college president.

Almost 150 years after the end of the Civil War, the skirmishing over how to remember the most famous rebel general continues even at a Virginia college named, in part, for him. About half the students and alumni polled by a campus magazine opposed the decision to remove the flags this summer. Fortunately, the university officials who made the call can draw on the example of an improbable and imperfect champion: Lee himself.
Shortly after surrendering the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia in April 1865, Lee became president of a war-torn school known then only as Washington College. The same day he took office, he took an oath to “henceforth” support the U.S. Constitution. He advised fellow former Confederates to do the same.
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:54 am

So sensitive was Lee during his final years with extinguishing the fiery passions of the Civil War that he opposed erecting monuments on the battlefields where the Southern soldiers under his command had fought against the Union. “I think it wiser moreover not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavoured to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered,” he wrote.
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:55 am

In these circumstances the crime would be not to.

Sangersteve wrote:WHERE WERE THE COPS?
I don't much care where your political viewpoint is on the Confederate statues or school names.
Why are leftist groups allowed to destroy monuments they don't like?
We have arrived at the point in time that city and state officials stand by and allow this to happen.

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A crowd of protesters gathered outside the old Durham County courthouse on Main Street Monday evening in opposition to a Confederate monument in front of the government building.

Around 7:10 p.m. a woman using a ladder climbed the statue of a soldier and attached a rope around the statue.

Moments later, the crowd pulled on the rope and the statue fell. One man quickly ran up and spat on the statue and several others began kicking it.

http://wncn.com/2017/08/14/protesters-r ... ourthouse/
All Life is Feudal

kent

Postby kent » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:02 pm

when will all crosses be banned and torn down? After all, the Klan used them as a symbol of hate.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:15 pm

candidate for governor in Georgia want Stone Mountain Carvings removed . --- http://www.cbs46.com/story/36137662/gov ... n-carvings --- course i think that will be a job for government employees or contractors . I think that it'll be a big job eh ??

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Remember the mayor of Baltimore? Remember when she publicly said the snowflakes needed a safe space so they could break things?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 pm

All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:53 pm

kent wrote:when will all crosses be banned and torn down? After all, the Klan used them as a symbol of hate.

You mean the ones that burned in front yards all over the south?

But really .... you have a church, you have a yard, you have non-law breaker club, and the list goes on. Nobody can take down those flags. (Well ... can't if they are objectionable in cases)

But, when you try to drag flags to courthouses or Christian scriptures to schools, or religious icons to fire halls in such way as: theses things should not be identified with each other, esp as it appears to when they are paralleled in common (public) areas.

It is in those cases something to be removed. And it is public property. That's why "anything goes" doesn't go there: it's public. It's a rough and tough thing ... but it is our own fault for assuming those things should have been put there in the first place.
All Life is Feudal

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Mark wrote:Remember the mayor of Baltimore? Remember when she publicly said the snowflakes needed a safe space so they could break things?

Almost all of the violence is initiated by the Leftist thugs.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Lincoln Memorial

DHSaxbIUAAEwBSg.jpg
DHSaxbIUAAEwBSg.jpg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 771 times

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:14 pm

I've been there many times. Took my mother there, my in laws (saw the spectacular laser show with them) and easily dozens of times we took out children there. Have climbed many times and just barely missed my chance to take the white knuckle jeep ride up. Most of the times we went were before the icons were finished and it was moving.

I don't know what you'd do with that.

I'll tell you this: every time I go I think of my black friends and some brown ones. And it makes me uncomfortable. every time.

There are some noteworthy caves in Kentucky. We toured one once and maybe thirty or so of us were in the bunch. The guide said several times things as: when the white man first ... whatever.
I was standing next to a black family and every time he used that phrase the (who I took to be, the dad) made a peculiar, but very quiet, throaty kind of noise. Once l looked over at him and shook my head. He nodded his recognition.

When I see the statues, etc. I am certain that some, many, a lot of white people gather there thinking: some people shouldn't be here. And that, my friends, is what happened in Charlottesville: some people there got tired of being uninvited ... uninvited to their own homes ... their own country ...

ralph wrote:candidate for governor in Georgia want Stone Mountain Carvings removed . --- http://www.cbs46.com/story/36137662/gov ... n-carvings --- course i think that will be a job for government employees or contractors . I think that it'll be a big job eh ??
All Life is Feudal

Return to “Your first forum”