Heavily edited video, ummm not so much.

Description of your first forum.
mayhem

Re: Heavily edited video, ummm not so much.

Postby mayhem » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Mark wrote:
mayhem wrote:Blah, blah, blah

What part of blatantly unconstitutional does your feeble mind not understand?
[/quote]

Of course it is:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.[/quote]

Sorry, I thought there was this huge group of the largely dissatisfied who are contending that the income tax is not constitutional. If I stepped in it again, I apologize. But I dunno that the constitution had any direct say over how the money was collected and (maybe) how it was utilized.
All Life is Feudal

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:39 am

The Constitution authorizes the federal government to do certain things, such as maintain a standing army, maintain a court system, the post office, etc. Anything not specifically assigned to the federal government in the constitution is reserved to the states. That is the 10th Amendment. At least 95% of what our federal government does is unconstitutional. Most people do not understand this because most people are woefully ignorant.

As far as the 16th amendment goes, it is a fact that it was never properly ratified.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:30 am

OK, granted and well said. (My snarky comment might be, "If the constitution provides for our Postal Service, can anything be ruled out?" That is an intended slam against the postal system.)

But I do get your meaning.

I'm part of two organizations that have very tight rules but have some provision to adapt to radical changes in the environment (not meaning the weather) other than another amendment. Especially how long it takes to amend would be problematic.

I would say that adapting to new realities is basic and necessary, but I don't know what would validly trigger that sort of adaptation. I'd put forward the internet as an example of a new reality that is both very local and supremely national and worldwide and is danged difficult to ride herd upon. How does the Constitution anticipate that sort of thing?

Also: what about this? "Even if Congress lacks the power to regulate a particular activity, the tax will be upheld if it has the "dominant intent" of raising revenue. In other words, even if a tax might have a substantial regulatory effect, if it raises revenue, it will be considered valid." ? (From the Legal Info Institute out of Cornell.)

Thanks for the response.

I don't mean to start a thread on the Constitution. Not opposed to it.

Mark wrote:The Constitution authorizes the federal government to do certain things, such as maintain a standing army, maintain a court system, the post office, etc. Anything not specifically assigned to the federal government in the constitution is reserved to the states. That is the 10th Amendment. At least 95% of what our federal government does is unconstitutional. Most people do not understand this because most people are woefully ignorant.

As far as the 16th amendment goes, it is a fact that it was never properly ratified.
All Life is Feudal

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:06 am

I think the problem is that we never been able to devise a method of government. that works for very long. Neither has anyone else. So, we have to invent ways to stretch the meaning of the Constitution to cover new situations. For example "implied powers".
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:05 am

If you want the federal government to do more than is provided for in the constitution, then amend the constitution. That process is also part of the constitution.

The further we get away from our constitution, the more screwed up our nation becomes. 100% of our $19 trillion debt and $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities is due to unconstitutional actions.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

Return to “Your first forum”