A question for the Ranger fans.

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

A question for the Ranger fans.

Postby grouchy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Do you think they really need a new ballpark? I have not been to a game in the last 17 or 18 years. Is it now in bad shape?

crocmommy

Re: A question for the Ranger fans.

Postby crocmommy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:36 pm

No I don't think so. Baseball should be played outside even when it's hot. And I'm sure ticket prices will go even higher now.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:19 pm

I've read that the new stadium would hold less people than the current one. Admission prices will really go up to pay for the tax debt with less fans attending. It has been about 5 years since my last game at Globe Life but it seemed to be in great shape then. I think the current Arlington mayor is just interested in getting his administration tied to a new stadium, needed or not.

I think a billion dollars for a baseball stadium is a giant waste.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Hoping to make it to Sunday's game which will be the first game I'll make all year. It should be cooler but it might rain too. And there will be Beltre bobbleheads too.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:04 pm

crocmommy wrote:Hoping to make it to Sunday's game which will be the first game I'll make all year. It should be cooler but it might rain too. And there will be Beltre :D bobbleheads too.

I would never have pegged you as a bobbleheader. :D

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:22 pm

I've gotten to where I don't care much about going to games. High Def TV in the comfort of my own home versus high ticket prices, high parking prices, high concession prices. I've been to one Cowboy game at the Deathstar on my brother's season ticket and that was enough. Don't have to worry about who's sitting around me or in front of me. My kids have found other interests besides sports so there's no point in taking them.

But there's no denying that we don't tolerate the heat like we used to. A stadium with a roof would sure make Ranger games more tolerable. And it makes the storms that blow through in April and May a non-factor. So if Arlington wants to build another stadium they can have it. I might go once to see what it's like but that's all.

tx3653

Postby tx3653 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:37 pm

I'd much rather watch any sport on TV at home than at the game in person. Here I have no one walking in front of me, the mute button and changing the channel when the game goes to pot (home team losing) works wonders for me, the drinks are cheaper, the food better, no ass-holes acting like idiots and no one with hats, umbrellas, signs, noise makers, Etc. anywhere near me. My car is in the garage and I'm not paying $20 for its spot. Home is just better.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:22 pm

To answer the original question, I don't think they need a new one and it is in wonderful shape.

I understand why they are doing this and don't have too much of a problem with the idea. People are less and less likely these days to sit out in the sun for a game. Nobody wants to sit out there on "getaway days" when it is 105, or even 95. I sure don't.

I agree about what it will do to ticket prices, though. I don't care if baseball is cheaper than the other major sports, it's still expensive to go to a game.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:39 pm

The only problem with the Ballpark is that it is a million degree in July, August, frequently in June and sometimes in September and May. It's very nice in April when it's not raining, and fantastic in October.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 am

If you are undecided on whether the Rangers need a new ballpark, go to the Rockies game this afternoon and pick a seat in the left field bleachers.

Time of first pitch: 1:05
Temperature at first pitch: 105

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:19 pm

BigTex wrote:If you are undecided on whether the Rangers need a new ballpark, go to the Rockies game this afternoon and pick a seat in the left field bleachers.

Time of first pitch: 1:05
Temperature at first pitch: 105

CpmQffkUEAAi9hl.jpg
CpmQffkUEAAi9hl.jpg (189.47 KiB) Viewed 941 times

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Just like you predicted.

kent

Postby kent » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:51 pm

1:05 on a Thursday afternoon, versus the Rockies. Even the best fans in Major League Baseball won't show up for this.

They need the roof, but stadiums with a roof are crap. Houston, Arizona, Tampa... hate them.

I haven't been to a Rangers game in 3 years. I'm going to a Dodgers game next week. It's ridiculous what teams charge for tickets these days. People piss and moan about Cowboys ticket costs, but it's 8 games a year - not 81.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:53 pm

[quote="kent"]1:05 on a Thursday afternoon, versus the Rockies. Even the best fans in Major League Baseball won't show up for this.

They need the roof, but stadiums with a roof are crap. Houston, Arizona, Tampa... hate them.

I haven't been to a Rangers game in 3 years. I'm going to a Dodgers game next week. It's ridiculous what teams charge for tickets these days. People piss and moan about Cowboys ticket costs, but it's 8 games a year - not 81.[/quoteI

I would be at the game if I didn't have work and kids. It's not about the heat for me.

My question would be why even schedule a day game in August. Looks like we may luck out on Sunday and it will cool off....if we don't get a rain out instead.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Oh...and FYI Kent, I only go to a few rangers games a year, not 80...if that many. The tickets are affordable now and can bring my own food too. I just can't do Cowboys games.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 am

Yesterday the out of town scoreboard in left field overheated and had to be shut down.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:37 am

kent wrote:1:05 on a Thursday afternoon, versus the Rockies. Even the best fans in Major League Baseball won't show up for this.

I haven't been to a Rangers game in 3 years. I'm going to a Dodgers game next week. It's ridiculous what teams charge for tickets these days. People piss and moan about Cowboys ticket costs, but it's 8 games a year - not 81.

Actually, the people with the most money are retired. I would love to go to a game at 1:05 on a Thursday, but not in 105 heat. Traffic isn't as bad and get home at a reasonable hour.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:23 pm

crocmommy wrote:
My question would be why even schedule a day game in August. Looks like we may luck out on Sunday and it will cool off....if we don't get a rain out instead.

As a general rule, teams schedule day games on "getaway days" as a courtesy to each other.

After leaving Arlington Thursday, the Rockies had to travel to Philadelphia.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

Return to “Your first forum”