Internet providers -help

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady2

Internet providers -help

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:34 am

I think the answer is that I am sol, but..

I live in an area where ATT has contract for phone service.
At this time we have DSL with them, but it is down as much if not more than it is up. IMO, this is to force me to take the Uverse service. I don't want Uverse. I am not impressed with what I see happening in homes of friends and family.

Technicans have not helped/resolved the issue.

Is there an option for who could give us internet service?
FIOS is not available here.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Mark

Re: Internet providers -help

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:41 pm

If there is a cable TV provider in your area, that would be a great option. Internet service from traditional cable companies on coax lines is very good.

We get our internet service from Suddenlink even though we get our TV service from Dish Network. We pay about 50 bucks per month for just the internet service.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

ann jusko

Re: Internet providers -help

Postby ann jusko » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:10 am

I love Suddenlink. We've had great service with their cable. We have DIRECT TV and had one break in service when we switched to DISH. It was THE WORST. Channel 4 just wouldn't come in and tech was here twice, trying to fix it. When it was still pixalating all the time, we were told that we'd have to pay to have it fixed. We couldn't wait to change back to DIRECT. A few years ago, Suddenlink called and offered phone service for anywhere in the US for $25 a month (that's including taxes). The contract was for life! I jumped on it, Hubs wasn't pleased. "You have cell service!" But now he's a fan, expecially when he has to make a call that will take awhile....no dropped calls, no cell phone burning your ear, and the service is top notch. At the time, I got it, I still had elderly aunts. I thought when they passed, I'd drop it. But it's so darn convenient, I don't think I'll ever drop it. Our kids all just use their cell phones. When a call drops, I always know it's not on my end.
When I found out that we could get cable from Suddenlink, I jumped on it. We had no other choice except dial up. Ugh!

Return to “Your first forum”