Hilarious things my grandson says

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Hilarious things my grandson says

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:23 am

Last week, my son and d-i-l told our grandson that he's going to be a big brother.
He smiled, then looked skyward and winked.

D-I-L: Ethan, did you just wink at God?

Grandson: Yes

GRANDPA

Re: Hilarious things my grandson says

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:37 am

Our grandson just ratted out his mother. Wife & I are out of town, & he just now told us his Mom & boyfriend spent the night together IN OUR BED. I am not happy.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:01 am

GRANDPA wrote:Our grandson just ratted out his mother. Wife & I are out of town, & he just now told us his Mom & boyfriend spent the night together IN OUR BED. I am not happy.

He's got your back, Grandpa

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:05 am

His birthday was a few months ago. They had a Nerf gun party, with over 1000 Nerf darts. The main activity was playing capture-the-flag. I would occasionally stroll around and help the kids gather up their ammunition. While doing this, I came upon my grandson, who was on one knee, reloading. He glanced up at me with one eye, then continued to reload and said, "Grandpa, I'm not on either team. I'm a bounty hunter."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:32 pm

My wife was trying to interest him in some type of creative activity. As she modeled cutting out some sort of shapes for the project, she commented, "Isn't this fun?"

He raised an eyebrow and responded, "You do you, Grandma."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:45 pm

When we picked up Jello III at school today, he said, "I held the door for (Mr. So-and-so)." My wife commended him for being a helper.
Grandson replied, "I don't want to be selfish, I want to be helpish."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:59 am

This popped up on my FB memories:

My (then) 3-year-old grandson and I were talking about the weather:
Me: "Is it hot today?"
Him: "No".
Me: "But you are in shorts and bare feet."
Him: "No, Grandpa. I not have bear feet. I have people feet."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Three years ago, I took my son, daughter and grandson to Burger House, which I frequented when I was growing up. I asked my daughter if she would like a shake, which they make with real ice cream. She said, "Yes, but I'll need some help."

So, after taking a few sips of the shake, she said, "That's amazing, but I'm done. Do you want the rest?" I said, "Give it to Little Buddy; he'll love it."
A few minutes later, I realized that we/I had just given a nearly full shake to a 5-year-old, so I said, "Hey, Buddy, can I have a sip of your shake?"

He grabbed it with both hands and moved it to the side, away from me, and intoned, "First, give me your birthright."

I looked over at my son, who shrugged and said, "He's really into his Bible stories lately."

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:18 pm

jellowrestling wrote:Three years ago, I took my son, daughter and grandson to Burger House, which I frequented when I was growing up. I asked my daughter if she would like a shake, which they make with real ice cream. She said, "Yes, but I'll need some help."

So, after taking a few sips of the shake, she said, "That's amazing, but I'm done. Do you want the rest?" I said, "Give it to Little Buddy; he'll love it."
A few minutes later, I realized that we/I had just given a nearly full shake to a 5-year-old, so I said, "Hey, Buddy, can I have a sip of your shake?"

He grabbed it with both hands and moved it to the side, away from me, and intoned, "First, give me your birthright."

I looked over at my son, who shrugged and said, "He's really into his Bible stories lately."

When my baby was about 3, we ate at the food court of one of the D/FW malls. We got corn dog nuggets for the baby, and my wife and I both had stuff from Taco Bell. This was back before Taco Bell became completely inedible. Anyway, while we were eating, my baby girl looked over at the bean burrito I was eating, and said, "I want some." I gave her a bite, and she took it from me. When I asked for it back, she shoved her corn dog nuggets at me.

I had to go buy myself another burrito. She ate the whole thing.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:01 am

Mark wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Three years ago, I took my son, daughter and grandson to Burger House, which I frequented when I was growing up. I asked my daughter if she would like a shake, which they make with real ice cream. She said, "Yes, but I'll need some help."

When my baby was about 3, we ate at the food court of one of the D/FW malls. We got corn dog nuggets for the baby, and my wife and I both had stuff from Taco Bell. This was back before Taco Bell became completely inedible. Anyway, while we were eating, my baby girl looked over at the bean burrito I was eating, and said, "I want some." I gave her a bite, and she took it from me. When I asked for it back, she shoved her corn dog nuggets at me.

I had to go buy myself another burrito. She ate the whole thing.

That's hilarious. "If you think these corn dog nuggets are good, eat 'em yourself!"

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:45 am

One day, when my grandson was still in a high chair, I brought some burgers home. As I sunk my teeth into my burger, I heard my little buddy exclaim, "Good job, Grandpa! Way to take a bite!"

Lot's of positive affirmation at our house.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:47 am

Last week, grandson came over to our house. As he jumped out of the back seat, I heard him say, "Spoiler Alert! Let the spoiling begin!"

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:49 am

On another occasion, I asked my grandson if his grandma spoils him. He replied, "Yes. And you too, Grandpa."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:07 am

Grandson plays baseball. He "played up" this year, so he's playing against older boys. Made the All-star team and is doing well. He had a game this evening, and he came up to bat to lead off the last inning wearing sunglasses, but the sun had just dropped below the horizon, so Jello, Jr. asked him if he still wanted to wear them.

He took them off, and as he handed them to my son, he said, "I guess I should enjoy the full color spectrum while I do this."

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:30 am

I must be slow

With all the food mentions

I'd completely forgotten about 1st grand daughter.

She was barely walking.

We were at a cook-off and had just turned in ribs

So against her mothers wishes

I handed her a rib

Minutes later a little hand on my leg

Handing me back the cleanest bone ever seen

From the messiest face ever seen
It's a joke son,I say a joke

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:54 am

A couple of days ago, my grandson was sitting on the floor, playing with a construction toy. At some point, he looked up and saw me spread out on the couch, with me legs stretched across it.

"Grandpa, you look like the stereotype of a lazy man."

Fair assessment, little buddy.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:04 am

jellowrestling wrote:A couple of days ago, my grandson was sitting on the floor, playing with a construction toy. At some point, he looked up and saw me spread out on the couch, with me legs stretched across it.

Grandkids are wonderful creatures.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:51 pm

grouchy wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:A couple of days ago, my grandson was sitting on the floor, playing with a construction toy. At some point, he looked up and saw me spread out on the couch, with me legs stretched across it.

Grandkids are wonderful creatures.

Yeah, the call 'em the way they see 'em. :lol:

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:19 pm

Last week, my wife was getting the ice off of her car. Grandson would pick off chunks of ice, drop them on the ground and say, "Expired. Expired. Expired."

Mrs Jello asked, "Got an aunt problem?"

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:54 am

My granddaughter is in the jabber stage and is ready to say her first word at any time.

I can't wait to hear the things she has to say.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Return to “Your first forum”