A Nation of Gun Nuts!

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: A Nation of Gun Nuts!

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:05 pm

planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:but the more money that Wayne can make as top dog of the NRA , then good for him PSteve .
He not going to be making as much from now on. Customer pressure is causing companies to stop their support and deals with the NRA. And it's spreading fast.

------------------------------------------------------ not going to affect 'WAYNES' salary though , in my opinion but we might see PSteve .

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:05 pm

jellowrestling wrote:So, the implication is that once the number of guns reaches a critical mass, they start firing themselves?

You guys might want to check the bus schedules. Delta and United have ceased their former relationship to the gun nutz.
All Life is Feudal

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 pm

ralph wrote:
planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:but the more money that Wayne can make as top dog of the NRA , then good for him PSteve .
He not going to be making as much from now on. Customer pressure is causing companies to stop their support and deals with the NRA. And it's spreading fast.

------------------------------------------------------ not going to affect 'WAYNES' salary though , in my opinion but we might see PSteve .

I think things are about to change big time. The grass roots is pissed. There is a school shooting somewhere in this country an average of every 60 hours. Up until now, nobody was paying attention. Now they are.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm

maybe , course look at the stories of official taxpayer paid 'first responders ' that punked out
and hid . So who knows , lets watch and see what happens PSteve .

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:43 am

planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:
planosteve wrote: He not going to be making as much from now on. Customer pressure is causing companies to stop their support and deals with the NRA. And it's spreading fast.

I think things are about to change big time. The grass roots is pissed. There is a school shooting somewhere in this country an average of every 60 hours. Up until now, nobody was paying attention. Now they are.

They are because this President, unlike the bum we had before, has chosen to make aggressive moves towards fixing it.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 am

Moves? What moves?

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 am

planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:
planosteve wrote: He not going to be making as much from now on. Customer pressure is causing companies to stop their support and deals with the NRA. And it's spreading fast.

A school shooting every 60 hours? Bullcrap. 4 or 5 times a year, maybe.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:27 am

planosteve wrote:

By "customer pressure", I assume you mean the handful of activists and their bots.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:43 am

planosteve wrote:Moves? What moves?

Banning bump stocks..raising the age to buy guns to 21, and get all of the governors and the whole country talking about armed personnel in schools..be they teachers, hired security, parent volunteers, retired or off duty cops..whatever.

Previously, the reaction from the Muslim President was to continue to politicize every event..getting us nowhere.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 am

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Moves? What moves?

Banning bump stocks..raising the age to buy guns to 21, and get all of the governors and the whole country talking about armed personnel in schools..be they teachers, hired security, parent volunteers, retired or off duty cops..whatever.

Previously, the reaction from the Muslim President was to continue to politicize every event..getting us nowhere.

Well, Obama did cry and let the tears run all the way down his cheeks for the most effective photo-ops for the complicit media. So, there's that.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:57 am

Banning bump stocks and raising the age limits aren't "moves". They are just talk. He doesn't even have the authority to do those things.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:14 am

planosteve wrote:Banning bump stocks and raising the age limits aren't "moves". They are just talk. He doesn't even have the authority to do those things.

U think he has already banned the bump stocks.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am

planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:

Can you please define "school shooting" and then tell us of the ten or eleven that, according to you, have occurred so far in February in this country?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Kiamichi wrote:
planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:------------------------------------------------------ not going to affect 'WAYNES' salary though , in my opinion but we might see PSteve .

Can you please define "school shooting" and then tell us of the ten or eleven that, according to you, have occurred so far in February in this country?
I could give you the reference if you had asked back when I posted it. According to CNN there were 8 incidents so far this year by the middle of Feb defined as at least one person being shot on school property. That's about 1 shooting incident every 135 hours. So, I'm guessing the 60 hr figure was based on per person, not incident.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:48 pm

310 million Americans of all sorts according to 2010 Census not including the 20 - 30 million illegals in the USA . And Americans own million and millions of guns that are all over the place in every State of the USA . Its a shame but 17 kids were murdered by some whacko a weeks or so ago and thats the facts .

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Kiamichi wrote:
planosteve wrote:
ralph wrote:------------------------------------------------------ not going to affect 'WAYNES' salary though , in my opinion but we might see PSteve .

Snopes helpfully broke down the Everytown for Gun Safety (or whatever it's called) "school shootings" for 2018 into categories:

Firearm attacks during school hours: 7 (incidents resulting in injuries or deaths: 5)
22 January: Italy High School, Italy, Texas – A 16-year-old student opened fire with a semi-automatic handgun in the school cafeteria, wounding another student.
22 January: NET Charter High School, Gentilly, Louisiana – An unknown person fired shots at students from a vehicle in the school parking lot. One person was injured (though not by gunfire).
23 January: Marshall County High School, Benton, Kentucky – A 15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun on school grounds, killing two and injuring 18.
25 January: Murphy High School, Mobile, Alabama – A student fired a handgun into the air during a fight with another student. No injuries were reported.
26 January: Dearborn High School, Dearborn, Michigan – Shots were fired during a fight in the school parking lot. No injuries were reported.
31 January: Lincoln High School, Philadelphia – A fight during a basketball game resulted in the shooting death of a 32-year-old man outside the school.
14 February: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida – A 19-year-old former student opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle, killing 17 and injuring 14.
Firearm attacks NOT occurring during school hours: 2 (incidents resulting in injuries or deaths: 2)
20 January: Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina – A 21-year-old was shot and killed during a fight at a party on school grounds.
5 February: – Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Maryland – A student was shot and injured in the school parking lot during an attempted robbery.
Shots fired during school hours, unknown reason: 2 (no injuries)
10 January: California State University, San Bernardino, California – Bullets were fired through a window, with no suspects or motive identified.
8 February: Metropolitan High School, New York, NY – A student fired a gun into the floor of a classroom.
Unintentional gunfire during school hours: 3 (incidents resulting in injuries or deaths: 1)
10 January: Grayson College, Denison, Texas – A student fired a weapon belonging to an adviser, believing it wasn’t loaded. No injuries were reported.
1 February: Salvador B. Castro Middle School, Los Angeles – A semi-automatic handgun brought to school by a 12-year-old student accidentally went off. Four students were injured.
5 February: Harmony Learning Center, Maplewood, Minnesota – A third-grader pressed the trigger of a law enforcement officer’s handgun. The weapon went off but no one was injured.
Suicide attempts during school hours: 1 (resulting in death)
10 January: Coronado Elementary School, Sierra Vista, Arizona – A middle school student shot himself in the bathroom of the school and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Stray bullets hitting school buildings during school hours: 1 (no injuries)
4 January: New Start High School, near Seattle – Bullets fired by an unidentified shooter entered an administrative office. No injuries were reported.
Stray bullets hitting school buildings NOT occurring during school hours: 1 (no injuries)
15 January: Wiley College, Marshall, Texas – Gunshots fired from a vehicle in the parking lot of a college dorm entered through a window, but did not injure residents

Planosteve: Go ahead and highlight the "school shootings" so we have an idea of how you are defining them. I went ahead and did the first two for you.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Planosteve: Go ahead and highlight the "school shootings" so we have an idea of how you are defining them. I went ahead and did the first two for you.
I'm just telling you what I read from CNN. You can read their parameters here:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/schoo ... index.html

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:29 pm

CNBC analyzed the claim of 17 school shootings in the U. S. so far this year (the earlier claim of 18 included the case of a person who committed suicide on what had formerly been school grounds). The list included the Florida and Kentucky cases that fit the definition of a "school shooting" as it is generally understood, meaning a shooting on a school ground during school hours or at a school event with a student perpetrator or with students threatened. Some of the other highlights:

DENISON, Tex. (KXII) -- School officials said a bullet from an accidental discharge went through a classroom wall, came out through the other side and exited through a window.
It happened at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center on Jan. 10.
Vice President of Business Services Giles Brown said a criminal justice club advisor was showing two students how to use a computerized firearms simulator before the incident occurred.
He said the instructor took his live weapon and put it in a box so it would not be confused with the training weapon.
We’re told that the box did not have a lock on it, and that the instructor later left the room, taking the training firearm with him.
“One of the students thought the instrument inside the box was the training instrument so she picked it up,” Brown said.
Then, Brown said, she fired it at a target on the wall, realizing her mistake instantly. [Clever girl, it would take most people a good while to realize that was a mistake.]

St. Paul · Feb 5, 2018
A gathering designed to build relationships between Maplewood police and some grade-schoolers nearly turned tragic Monday when a child got his finger on the officer's holstered gun and pulled the trigger.
A school liaison officer at Harmony Learning Center in Maplewood was in the gym Monday afternoon talking to a group of third- and fourth-graders, the Maplewood Police Department said in a statement.
While the officer was seated on a bench, the third-grader sitting next to the officer "reached over and placed his finger into the officer's gun holster and pressed the trigger of the officer's gun causing it to discharge through the bottom of the holster," the department said, adding the bullet struck the floor and "no one was injured."

Having an armed police officer in every school should certainly prevent incidents like the two above.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/heres-h ... -down.html

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Gravel von Bagelatflapplegab,

Did you read your own words .... " ...to continue to politicize every event.. " you wrote this with a straight face while you were watching Hannity, right? Or was it Gutz Limshaw, or Immaculate Shabaaz Savagesquirrely?

... to continue to politicize every event.. ... man, you are funnier than Chris Rock!!!
All Life is Feudal

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Every school shooting was instantaneously politicized.

Everyone else knew what I meant, since school shootings were what was being discussed.

Return to “Your first forum”