Maybe I'll move to Tarrent County

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Maybe I'll move to Tarrent County

Postby planosteve » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:05 pm

ARLINGTON — At least one City Council member wants to pull the plug on red-light traffic cameras in Arlington.

District 3 representative Robert Rivera, who supported installation of the cameras in 2007, said the city doesn’t have the ability to make scofflaws pay their delinquent fines so it’s unfair to the violators who do pay up. What changed his mind, Rivera said, was Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector Ron Wright’s recent decision not to block motor vehicle registration renewals for drivers who owe cities money for red-light violations.

“Eventually when our citizens learn there is no incentive for anyone to pay the fine, they will stop paying,” Rivera said. “This will not go on your credit. It’s a nonmoving violation, so it doesn’t show up on your record. Since there is no incentive to pay the fine, the cameras should be removed.”

Other council members say they still believe that red-light cameras are playing a critical role in making intersections safer, even if some violators refuse to pay.

“Forget the money. All I’m interested in is less people getting hurt and killed in intersection collisions,” Mayor Robert Cluck said. “It’s a dangerous world out there.”

At Rivera’s request, the council is tentatively set to discuss the red-light-camera program at its Sept. 16 meeting.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/04 ... rylink=cpy
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

jellowrestling

Re: Maybe I'll move to Tarrent County

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:51 am

Tarrant

Houston

Postby Houston » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:16 am

most all Red-light cameras went away here in Ga when the Legislature passed a law
the yellow light must be 4 seconds. with the longer yellow the revenue dropped and did
not pay for the camera rentals.
so it seems it is not about safety but revenue.
while some are still active mostly these are where the right-on-red is big and camera
does not get one coming to COMPLETE stop. obviously the revenue exceeds the rentals
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 am

There is at least one flaw in Texas with the red-light camera system.
Texas law calls only for a complete stop before turning right on a red-light.
The camera wants a 3 second stop and will take your picture if you don't stop for three seconds.
If you get one of these tickets you can appeal it and win.
Most people don't know this and go ahead and pay them.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:11 pm

I like Tarrant County and the Cultural District Area where I work. If I could afford to live around here, I would.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Plano is ranked 9 out of 150 major cities as a retirement city! Ranked 1 in medical care. But, when we moved here Frisco, McKinney, and Allen hardly existed. Now, it's all a massive suburb and they just keep building.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

Return to “Your first forum”