Someone ask Kevin about this

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Someone ask Kevin about this

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 pm

I predict the girls will have a say in this.

People Born Male Allowed in Girls’ Locker Rooms In Kentucky
By Maggie Gallagher
September 29, 2014 2:32 PM

This is a policy that does not apply only to people who have had surgery or hormonal treatment to modify their bodies. The right to shower with girls is now an absolute right. You are a girl if you say you think you are and everybody else must comply with your self-definition:

A transgender teenager, who was born male but identifies as a female, can continue to use a women’s restroom and locker room at a Jefferson County Public School.

In a 5-to-1 vote, an appeal board upheld Atherton High School’s nondiscrimination policy Thursday, which states the school must accept the gender identity each student asserts and shouldn’t discriminate on the use of school space on the basis of gender identity nor gender expression.

Yes, they are really serious about this.

As I have said before, I’m pretty sympathetic to the idea everybody needs a bathroom. But what kind of a society has priorities like these?
It's a joke son,I say a joke

BillB

Re: Someone ask Kevin about this

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 pm

We're turning into a nation of idiots.
Sliding toward Gomorrah.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 pm

The war to preserve common sense was lost years ago.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 pm

i got nuthin
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

bodine

Postby bodine » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Not that I agree with the Kentucky position, but girls don't shower at school...

truep

Postby truep » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 am

bodine wrote:Not that I agree with the Kentucky position, but girls don't shower at school...

They do in the locker room at sports events. California passed such a law last year(surprise surprise) and they have "only" had
4 sexual assaults. One is too many. There have been many cases where Boys that weren't good enough to make the Varsity team
claimed they identified themselves as "female" and got on the girls team giving them an unfair advantage over other schools.
This crap has to stop!!

bodine

Postby bodine » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm

truep wrote:
bodine wrote:Not that I agree with the Kentucky position, but girls don't shower at school...

They do in the locker room at sports events. California passed such a law last year(surprise surprise) and they have "only" had
4 sexual assaults. One is too many. There have been many cases where Boys that weren't good enough to make the Varsity team
claimed they identified themselves as "female" and got on the girls team giving them an unfair advantage over other schools.
This crap has to stop!!

And you know this how? My wife has coached HS/Jr HS basketball and volleyball girls for 32 plus years at 5A & 3A levels; daughter just graduated high school. It does not happen after practice; it does not happen after games.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Are you sure about that? After PE many do. I worked very hard to always have PE my last class so I did not have to shower at school....but those who had PE earlier in the day did (back in the dark ages).

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:04 pm

California passed such a law last year(surprise surprise) and they have "only" had
This crap has to stop!!

Source, please

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

bodine

Postby bodine » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:59 pm

LibraryLady wrote:

Are you sure about that? After PE many do. I worked very hard to always have PE my last class so I did not have to shower at school....but those who had PE earlier in the day did (back in the dark ages).

Very sure. The shower stalls at wife's school are used for storage. Girls do not want to mess up their hair or their makeup.

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 pm

bodine wrote:
LibraryLady wrote:

Very sure. The shower stalls at wife's school are used for storage. Girls do not want to mess up their hair or their makeup.

There are thousands of schools around the country.
It would be very difficult to know which have girl's showers and which don't.

bodine

Postby bodine » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 pm

There are thousands of schools around the country.
It would be very difficult to know which have girl's showers and which don't.

They probably all have the facilities. Girls don't use them. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

If you want to be indignant that boys who think they are girls are in locker rooms, be indignant. Even if boys were allowed, they wouldn't shower together. Because girl showers are not the gang showers that boys used years ago. Girl facilities have individual, private shower stalls; one person to a stall.

FWIW; I believe that people plumbed the same way need to use the same restrooms/locker facilities. I have rights, too...

truep

Postby truep » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:34 am

It was in the San Diego paper. I remember the showers in high and jr. high. They were nasty, I think they only cleaned them once a month!
Maybe the Girls didn't shower where your wife teaches but they do in many places. Of course PE isn't the same now as it used to be!
BTY, How many Girls do you see wanting to shower with the guys?

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:38 am

My solution is to stop labeling restrooms/showers as "boys/girls" and use "Innies" and "Outties", instead.

Return to “Your first forum”