There's one less Democrat in the Senate today!

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

There's one less Democrat in the Senate today!

Postby planosteve » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:25 am

Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema is changing her party affiliation to independent, delivering a jolt to Democrats’ narrow majority and Washington along with it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA155dDA
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Kiamichi

Re: There's one less Democrat in the Senate today!

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:43 am

But what does this mean, practically speaking? Did she announce that she was changing her views or stances on anything?

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:08 am

Where the rubber meets the road, she and Manchin will still be rubber stamps for any stupid Communist bullshit Schumer puts in front of them.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:11 am

Kiamichi wrote:But what does this mean, practically speaking? Did she announce that she was changing her views or stances on anything?

No..meaningless, except she thinks it will help her in 2024.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:47 pm

But still the same number of politicians in Washington. I wonder about what her constituents who voted for just because she was a Dimocrat think about that? Will she be like Bernis Sanders & be an Independent in name only? I remember that Phil Gramm resigned his Senate seat when he left the Dims & in a special election, won his seat back as a Repub.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:30 pm

I don't think any elected official should be allowed to switch parties during their term.

John Connally switched from D to R too, but he wasn't in office at the time.

Arlen Specter switched from R to D and he was still in office. I don't like that.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:59 pm

rusty wrote:I don't think any elected official should be allowed to switch parties during their term.

Arlen Specter switched from R to D and he was still in office. I don't like that.

If voters think strongly enough about it they can pursue whatever recall process there is in their state, but there is no constitutional basis for requiring that a candidate or office holder even belong to a political party.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:08 am

rusty wrote:I don't think any elected official should be allowed to switch parties during their term.

I kind of agree, but she didn't switch parties. She just left the Democrats. I'm more OK with that. What I have a problem with is dirtbags who run under a party banner, then switch parties shortly after their term begins. That's BS.

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:45 pm

jellowrestling wrote:

I kind of agree, but she didn't switch parties. She just left the Democrats. I'm more OK with that. What I have a problem with is dirtbags who run under a party banner, then switch parties shortly after their term begins. That's BS.

I'll buy that. But no matter who it is that does it, it smells of bait and switch if it's within their term.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:51 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:

I'll buy that. But no matter who it is that does it, it smells of bait and switch if it's within their term.

Yes, but she's switching ahead of the next election; she's up again in 2024. That gives the Democrats the opportunity to prepare a candidate to run against her.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:16 pm

Another thing that is different about this is that Sinema is still caucusing with the Democrats, so it's not like Jumpin' Jim Jeffords or Arlen Spector. Again, I think she probably did this to set up a run as an independent candidate in 2024, because she isn't bat-sh*t crazy enough for Democrats.

Return to “Your first forum”