Texas Rangers Baseball Thread

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: Texas Rangers Baseball Thread

Postby GFB » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:22 am

Dennis Prager said this week he is no longer a Dodgers fan..he’s rooting for the Rangers.

I’m not much of a sports fan, but you can add me to that list also.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:05 pm

GFB wrote:Dennis Prager said this week he is no longer a Dodgers fan..he’s rooting for the Rangers.

I'm surprised the Rangers haven't taken more heat.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:31 pm

BigTex wrote:
GFB wrote:Dennis Prager said this week he is no longer a Dodgers fan..he’s rooting for the Rangers.

I'm surprised the Rangers haven't taken more heat.

That may be because MLB has realized how bad for business this stupid woke bullshit is....

Major League Baseball has quietly ordered its teams not to wear any Pride uniforms throughout their Pride events.

The decision comes amid several companies and organizations facing consumer pushback for promoting LGBT acceptance.

News of the MLB directive gained recognition last week when the Tampa Bay Rays reportedly announced its Pride festivities would have a different look, with players not sporting jerseys and hats featuring Pride rainbow patches and logos.

The league reportedly announced its decision at an owners meeting in February.

The decision follows Rays players declining to wear Pride jerseys in 2022, along with many NHL teams opting out of Pride night festivities as players resisted wearing themed jerseys.

Despite the MLB directive, the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants have proceeded with wearing their Pride uniform patches and logos due to a reported agreement.

The Texas Rangers are the only MLB team not to hold a Pride-themed game for the past 20 years, opting to instead focus on being "more inclusive in hiring practices."

"I think that’s more meaningful than just saying, ‘OK, we had a Pride Night,'” Rangers COO Neil Leibman told the Dallas Morning News in 2020.

The Dodgers have drawn widespread criticism for their choice to honor the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a self-described "queer and trans nuns” group, at the team’s Pride Night festivities this Friday.

This week, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops called the Dodgers’ decision “blasphemy.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... e-uniforms
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:38 pm

Overturning the call on Andrus at the plate is one of the worst rulings ever.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:29 am

After the game, Jonah Heim just wanted for somebody to explain to him what he did wrong.

Back by popular request:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:06 am

I've seen one suggestion that this was MLB getting back at the Rangers. Allegedly.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:44 am

BigTex wrote:I've seen one suggestion that this was MLB getting back at the Rangers. Allegedly.

For the queer pride thing?

Back by popular request:

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:46 am

My opinion: They should end all official instant replay reviews in all sports. In every sport, it has never delivered on the promise of getting the calls right, and also in every sport, it's existence has made the on-field officials sloppy.

Back by popular request:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:16 pm

Mark wrote:
BigTex wrote:I've seen one suggestion that this was MLB getting back at the Rangers. Allegedly.

For the queer pride thing?

Yes. Allegedly.

Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:29 pm

When Jonah Heim hit his homerun last night, he put his hands up to his ears as he rounded first base so as to symbolize a headset, the universal gesture managers use when they want the New York video review of a play. Good for him.

Every player on the Rangers should adopt that gesture for the remainder of the season. They should do it after every homerun, every double, every other big hit, and any big play in the field.

The explanation given by MLB is that when Heim originally set up for the play at the plate Tuesday night, he had the little toe of his left foot on the front corner of the plate on the first base side. Supposedly, that constitutes blocking the plate.

Back by popular request:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:25 pm

It's the new Claw and Antlers.

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:02 pm

Wow, they just had David Clyde in the booth for an inning in tonight's game broadcast. It was 50 years ago that he started for the Rangers right out of high school and saved the Rangers franchise.

My opinion: David Clyde belongs in the Ranger Hall Of Fame. His plaque should sit right beside Tom Vandergriff's.

Back by popular request:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:12 pm

I was in the Navy at the time but it was in the news so I was aware of it.

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:41 pm

The Rangers have designated Royse City High School's Taylor Hearn for assignment for the purpose of creating space on the 40 man roster so they can call up Alex Speas today.

Alex Speas was a 2nd round pick back in 2016. He retired from baseball after the 2021 season and coached high school last year. He came back to the Rangers this year and has been mowing down hitters at both Frisco and Round Rock. Maybe he can be the late inning right handed arm we need.

Back by popular request:

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:11 pm

Mark wrote:Wow, they just had David Clyde in the booth for an inning in tonight's game broadcast. It was 50 years ago that he started for the Rangers right out of high school and saved the Rangers franchise.

My opinion: David Clyde belongs in the Ranger Hall Of Fame. His plaque should sit right beside Tom Vandergriff's.

Yeah, that was a "you had to be there" moment. The Rangers went from having 5000 fans a game to (IIRC) 41,000 fans when Clyde pitched. The Rangers were simply awful that year, losing 105 games. Clyde struck out the side in his first inning of work, and people were losing their minds.

gamese7en

Postby gamese7en » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:14 pm

Not only did he NOT strike out the side in the first inning, he actually walked the first 2 batters

Clyde struck out the side in his first inning of work, and people were losing their minds.[/quote]

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:02 am

Rangers bullpen exposed again.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:49 am

BigTex wrote:Rangers bullpen exposed again.

And Heaney, too.

Back by popular request:

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:36 am

Scherzer's debut was a bit of a roller coaster ride. Once he settled down he was the nuts.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:31 am

gamese7en wrote:Not only did he NOT strike out the side in the first inning, he actually walked the first 2 batters

Clyde struck out the side in his first inning of work, and people were losing their minds.
[/quote]
The fact that he walked the first two batters is irrelevant to his striking out the side. Both happened: "striking out the side" simply means that all three outs in an inning were strikeouts.

Clyde, who was selected No. 1 overall by the Texas Rangers on June 5, 1973, out of Houston’s Westchester High School, ended up in Arlington just 20 days after graduating from high school. The buzz around Clyde’s first start was palpable as he faced the Minnesota Twins. Clyde threw five innings, striking out eight and gave up just one hit in a 4-3 victory. Clyde started the game by walking the first two Twins, and then striking out the next three. It was also the first sellout in Rangers history.

https://www.si.com/mlb/rangers/news/dav ... on-stadium

Nobody cared that he walked the two batters. As I said, people were losing their minds when he struck out the side.

Return to “Your first forum”