Dog Shooting In Cleburne

Description of your first forum.
Dancer

Dog Shooting In Cleburne

Postby Dancer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm

My opinion. Cop heard Pit Bulls Loose on his radio, went in scared shit#less in the first place. Result: 1 Dead Pit, 1 devastated owner, and with any luck said Cop will loose his badge, Law Enforcement Certificate, and do some jail time. Harsh? Yes, but had it been any other Breed, he would have waited for Animal Control to do the job they do. A 7 month old Pit is still a Puppy. They have just figured out they are a dog and in most males cases, haven't figured out how to lift a leg to pee much less how to dis-member a cop in body armor.

GFB

Re: Dog Shooting In Cleburne

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:11 pm

As we like to say in Texas.."Get a rope!"
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:34 pm

GFB wrote:As we like to say in Texas.."Get a rope!"

Thank You, Greg!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm

I heard the question asked yesterday: can't they use a taser on a dog?

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Dancer wrote:
GFB wrote:As we like to say in Texas.."Get a rope!"

Thank You, Greg!

It really is disgraceful that someone could make it to become a cop, supposedly the experts at dealing with people and families, and not be fully aware of what a puppy is all about.

And anyone with any experience with dogs can spot a puppy a mile away..from their actions, their expressions..even taking one look at their PAWS for God's sake!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 pm

People need to stop letting their dogs run loose....PERIOD. I'm not saying that justifies the shooting, but you are asking for trouble when you let your dogs run loose. People are going to call on Pit Bulls every time.

I have a little terrier who gets loose every chance she gets. I do not rest until I've chased her down and got her back in the house. No good can come of her running loose like that. Lucky for me though, she's a friendly sweet dog and the people who find her before I do call me. One day someone is going to decide to keep her....

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

BigTex wrote:I heard the question asked yesterday: can't they use a taser on a dog?

No, but Cleburne PD is famous for using them on people. A couple of years ago, a guy in a pickup was stopped by 2 Motorcycle Cops. He got out and asked what he had done. One cop said prepare to be tased, he was. Don't know how that turned out, but from video the poor guy never stood a chance and was zapped anyway.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:03 pm

crocmommy wrote:People need to stop letting their dogs run loose....PERIOD. I'm not saying that justifies the shooting, but you are asking for trouble when you let your dogs run loose. People are going to call on Pit Bulls every time.

I have a little terrier who gets loose every chance she gets. I do not rest until I've chased her down and got her back in the house. No good can come of her running loose like that. Lucky for me though, she's a friendly sweet dog and the people who find her before I do call me. One day someone is going to decide to keep her....

I agree about the "no loose dogs"..mainly because it is so unsafe for the dog.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 am

Our dogs have gotten out 3 times in all the time we've lived here. The last time was a couple months ago. The garage door was open and my husband left the door into the house open but he was right there. Buster made a beeline for the driveway. He'd never done that before. It's such a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. My husband got in the truck but didn't even make it to the end of the drive way. Buster made a beeline for the next door neighbors' front porch. Debbie gives them treats over the fence and they love her. But her daughter got out of her car and she got a big hug "from a huge white dog". Debbie told her "That was MY hug!" I just walked across the yard and got him. It was the first time her daughter had seen Buster since she lives in Dallas.

dublusk

Postby dublusk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 am

BigTex wrote:I heard the question asked yesterday: can't they use a taser on a dog?

Or pepper spray???

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 am

dublusk wrote:

Or pepper spray???

You mean for the cop, right?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:56 am

Oh and yall have NO idea how fast a tiny dog can run until you have to chase one down the street... :o

Jami

Postby Jami » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 am

crocmommy wrote:People need to stop letting their dogs run loose....PERIOD. I'm not saying that justifies the shooting, but you are asking for trouble when you let your dogs run loose. People are going to call on Pit Bulls every time.

AMEN!!! My dogs have never run loose in the neighborhood. I love them too much for that. I'm sure this was not the ONE time this dog was out running around and of course someone is going to call on a Pit Bull that they know nothing about except for the fact that the owner is not responsible enough to keep it from running loose.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Mailmen, UPS guys, meter readers all encounter dogs, how do they do their Jobs without blasting Dogs on a daily basis ?

Peace Officers ain't what they once were.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Red Oak wrote:Mailmen, UPS guys, meter readers all encounter dogs, how do they do their Jobs without blasting Dogs on a daily basis ?

Peace Officers ain't what they once were.

Any good/smart mailman/regular delivery guy learns all the dog's names on his route.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:01 pm

With very rare exceptions...you know a dog's name..you can get it to do what you need it to..at the very least.."go home."

Return to “Your first forum”