Backers: Romney more open to 2016 run

Description of your first forum.
BillB

Backers: Romney more open to 2016 run

Postby BillB » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:58 pm

I've been posting that he would run for months.
Never underestimate the flip-flip-ability of Romney.

For most of the past year, Mitt Romney supporters have publicly said he should consider running again. And for most of the past year, Romney has seemed uninterested.

Until recently...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/m ... 13518.html

Sangersteve

Re: Backers: Romney more open to 2016 run

Postby Sangersteve » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:39 pm

He may well run, but in my estimation he is not the right guy. I got on board the Romney train after the primaries to hope we could rid the country of the worst president ever.

I felt he didn't have what it takes to be a tough candidate,and he proved it in the debates when Candy Crowley sided with Obama. He should have stopped the debate right then and there, pointing out that indeed Obama and Crowley were incorrect and that Crowley had no place to add to the debate, her job was to moderate.

He might be the next Reagan, but he's not assertive enough to get his message across.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Sangersteve wrote:He may well run, but in my estimation he is not the right guy. I got on board the Romney train after the primaries to hope we could rid the country of the worst president ever.

I felt he didn't have what it takes to be a tough candidate,and he proved it in the debates when Candy Crowley sided with Obama. He should have stopped the debate right then and there, pointing out that indeed Obama and Crowley were incorrect and that Crowley had no place to add to the debate, her job was to moderate.

He might be the next Reagan, but he's not assertive enough to get his message across.

^^^

nailed it
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:14 pm

right on SSteve but sometimes I think that the whole thing was scripted to go the way it went with Obama winning , obamcare going through and now they / he is doing amnesty . If Romney or a bush wins in 2016 they'll just tweak obamacare and start speaking Spanish more often .

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:43 am

Backers?

What IS that..some kind of sports team?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:22 pm

ralph wrote:right on SSteve but sometimes I think that the whole thing was scripted to go the way it went with Obama winning , obamcare going through and now they / he is doing amnesty . If Romney or a bush wins in 2016 they'll just tweak obamacare and start speaking Spanish more often .

So, who wrote the script and who is controlling things?
Buildibergers? Wall Street? Masons?

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

kent

Postby kent » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:50 pm

No one was going to beat Obama.

Guiliani was the best bet in '08, Thompson second. Too bad Thompson wasn't "all in".

I don't think we know the '16 candidate yet. Romney? Nope. Palin? Nope Jeb? Nope It has to be someone new, someone fresh.

Romney was ideed a squish in that debate and that showed just how he would have been run over by Reid and Pelosi - kinda like Boner.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Everybody says a bedrock conservative can't win.

So they trot out a squish and look what happens.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:51 pm

i think it MAY be repubs and dem politicians conspiring and working things out amongst themselves . Dems want amnesty and so does repubs [chamber of commerce] . Same with obamacare which i keep hearing is similar to romneycare in the state where Romney set up romneycare . Don't know anything about any shadowy hidden group that you mention L.L. .

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:54 pm

there was no reason for Romney to stop fighting and his not putting Crowley in her place . Heck , Romney decimated Obama in the first so called debate so Romney has the ability , he just didn't use his ability L.L..

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:58 pm

think that you are correct Big Tex , look what just happened in the last election , dems were booted . Now all the repubs need do is run conservatives but we'll probably end up with another moderate who I won't vote for .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Buy a lot of GOPs couldn't vote for the omnibus bill fast enough.

Here's what we are going to be saying in 2016: an opportunity squandered.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:37 am

BigTex wrote:Everybody says a bedrock conservative can't win.

So they trot out a squish and look what happens.

Those types believe they are Conservatives.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 pm

I allowed the Republican cheerleader shame me into voting for Romney in 2012, but I'll not let that happen again. If the establishment rams Romney or Bush or Christy into the nomination, then I'll be returning to my customary third party vote. I'll never again cast a vote for any candidate that isn't 100% committed to fiscal conservatism.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Mark wrote:I allowed the Republican cheerleader shame me into voting for Romney in 2012, but I'll not let that happen again. If the establishment rams Romney or Bush or Christy into the nomination, then I'll be returning to my customary third party vote. I'll never again cast a vote for any candidate that isn't 100% committed to fiscal conservatism.

If it's Romney, Bush or Christy..won't that mean they won the most..and most important primaries?

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Jeb Bush is certainly the choice of the MSM..but the rank and file? Forget it..he has no chance.

The other two have a chance.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:23 pm

well , he has no chance of getting my vote , that's for sure !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Mark wrote:I allowed the Republican cheerleader shame me into voting for Romney in 2012, but I'll not let that happen again. If the establishment rams Romney or Bush or Christy into the nomination, then I'll be returning to my customary third party vote. I'll never again cast a vote for any candidate that isn't 100% committed to fiscal conservatism.

And can you explain how you define.."fiscal Conservatism?"

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:04 pm

GFB wrote:

Let's start with "somebody that will never sign a budget into law that include deficit spending."
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Mark wrote:
GFB wrote:

Let's start with "somebody that will never sign a budget into law that include deficit spending."

Anyone like that on the horizon?

And since Mitt Romney lost, how do you know that he's not the guy?

Return to “Your first forum”