Concealed carry gone wrong

Description of your first forum.
LibraryLady

Concealed carry gone wrong

Postby LibraryLady » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

PlanoSooner

Re: Concealed carry gone wrong

Postby PlanoSooner » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:37 pm

sadly, no one will ever know anything about the mom.... but she will still be the poster child for gun control.
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:50 pm

yep on that PLANOSOONER , plus with all the agitation between cops , deblaso , Sharpton , rioters , mrobama might be tempted to do some work with his pen . And with media blasting that cop shootings are up it might be the perfect storm .

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 pm

I am curious about the type of handgun, most could not be fired by a 2 year-old.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:03 pm

that's what I was thinking on a different forum , revolver trigger pull would be to hard unless the hammer was cocked . Glock with the safety off , I don't know but I do wonder .

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:18 am

Well as a firearm owner I got to saw this lady should be the poster child for improper gun control. She did not keep it out of the hands of a child, period.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:21 am

Competitor for Darwin awards. Sad story but stupid stupid negligent woman. Only thing that would have been worse would have been the kid killing itself or a bystander.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 am

If it was revolver, it had no external safety except for the greater pressure needed to pull the trigger back, could a two year old do this), if it was not a revolver, it had a safety in most cases. Soulds like the safety was off. In any case, Very sad accident. Just glad the child was two, she will not remember this in yerars to come.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:00 pm

millergrovesue wrote:Competitor for Darwin awards. Sad story but stupid stupid negligent woman. Only thing that would have been worse would have been the kid killing itself or a bystander.

I think that pretty well sums it up. I think that if you raise your kids right, with respect both for others and for firearms, you can have unsecured guns around the home. But a two-year-old obviously cannot be allowed anywhere near a firearm.

I'm really curious about what type/caliber/model of gun, though, and where the woman was shot.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:12 pm

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 am

"'They are painting Veronica as irresponsible, and that is not the case,' he said. '. . . I brought my son up around guns, and he has extensive experience shooting it. And Veronica had had handgun classes; they’re both licensed to carry, and this wasn’t just some purse she had thrown her gun into.'"

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/3 ... rylink=cpy

Uh, sorry sir but yes, that is the case. If your 2 year old can get to your gun and kill you you are irresponsible. Don't care how well other kids are trained this one was too young to train and the mother acted irresponsibly. Sadly, her irresponsibility wound up with her being dead.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:24 am

The DNC Media is positively orgasmic about this incident, they couldn't have invented a better one for their purpose.

Often times stupidity is it's own punishment.

I am a never Hillaryite!

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:52 am

ralph wrote:that's what I was thinking on a different forum , revolver trigger pull would be to hard unless the hammer was cocked . Glock with the safety off , I don't know but I do wonder .

Glocks don't have a safety, but they have a hard trigger pull.
A 2 year old couldn't fire one.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:53 am

Red Oak wrote:The DNC Media is positively orgasmic about this incident, they couldn't have invented a better one for their purpose.

Rightly so. This would never happen with one of their armed bodyguards.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:45 am

jellowrestling wrote:
Red Oak wrote:The DNC Media is positively orgasmic about this incident, they couldn't have invented a better one for their purpose.

Rightly so. This would never happen with one of their armed bodyguards.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:30 am

Husband gave her a pursue designed for concealed carry for Christmas, the concealment area is operated by a zipper and the 2year old opened it per todays DMN
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:11 am

John in Plano wrote:Husband gave her a pursue designed for concealed carry for Christmas, the concealment area is operated by a zipper and the 2year old opened it per todays DMN

Uh, that's what 2 year olds do. Heck, my dog can unzip a zipper. Stupid irresponsible people = tragedy.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:38 pm

BillB wrote:
ralph wrote:that's what I was thinking on a different forum , revolver trigger pull would be to hard unless the hammer was cocked . Glock with the safety off , I don't know but I do wonder .

He wouldn't have to grip the weapon and pull the trigger in the manner one does when firing a pistol, all he would have to do is ram a couple of fingers into the trigger guard and force the trigger back.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:52 pm

Kiamichi wrote:
BillB wrote:

He wouldn't have to grip the weapon and pull the trigger in the manner one does when firing a pistol, all he would have to do is ram a couple of fingers into the trigger guard and force the trigger back.

The fingers would have to be positioned in a specific way to unlatch the trigger. I suppose it would be possible, but I can't imagine it happening with a GLOCK.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:01 pm

sorry Bill , I misspoke but some Glocks have safetys like these --- http://cominolli.com/product_info.php?p ... cspbbgmo61 --- and I was thinking of these when I spoke .

Return to “Your first forum”