Expelled Students in OK were from Dallas

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: Expelled Students in OK were from Dallas

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:23 am

just update info / article . I Pledge Allegiance to the First Amendment --- http://townhall.com/columnists/debrajsa ... t-n1970468 ---

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:18 pm

I don't think this matter is going away anytime soon.

While the video of the students on the bus is uncomfortable and inflammatory, there is, IMO, a legitimate question as to how the matter was handled by the school. I have no doubt that Boren's quick action was to avoid the now well-known shakedown tactics of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Plus Boren did not want to jeopardize any of the dollars he stood to lose from a PC-sensitive federal government. As I have pointed out, Boren was not so quick to pull the trigger on a football player who was recorded assaulting his girlfriend and breaking four bones in her face. He is still in school, and his "punishment" was being suspended from the football team for a year. At the time, Boren said he deserved a second chance. Now Boren is faced with having to defend that action, which he does by insisting that the football player WAS punished. Only problem is, he is still a student at OU. And nobody else in his "group" (the football team) was deemed guilty by association. The occupants of the athletic dorm were not told they had to vacate the dorm instantly. I don't remember hearing about a protest at the football player's home, and it certainly did not lead the 10 o'clock news.

It has become pretty obvious to me over the last few day that you are allowed to express one and only one opinion about this matter. Anything else is deemed a defense of the fraternity, which makes you a racist. I was told by one well-known local media person that my response to something he posted on Twitter made me a troll. And that is where we are.

It also occurred to me that when someone of the conservative persuasion suggests that someone should be punished for an offense, he is reminded what Jesus said about casting the first stone. I have not heard that one quoted much this week.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:40 pm

good post BT , informative on the football player that broke the girls face because I knew nothing about that . On the matter of 'trolling' I was banned from a motorcycle message boards political section because it was claimed that I was trolling . I don't care but its amazing to me that a different conservative point of view can get you banned from a political section of a message board . Trolling , also a made up word with no HARD definition as far as I know . Also couldn't believe that motorcyclists , usually younger males are such politically correct crybaby wusses .

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:57 pm

I think the whole higher education system is in big trouble. Nobody can afford to borrow the money to go to college anymore. It seems to only exist to support athletics anyway. I didn't hear a word from my college for decades after I graduated. Now, they call me at night 3 or 4 times a year to "update my information" which is their excuse to ask for money.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm

ralph wrote: informative on the football player that broke the girls face because I knew nothing about that .

Nobody is talking about that because it prevents the discussion from being black and white, so to speak.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

well , little I know the schools administration shows inconsistency . And yesterday I was reading that the schools football team is looking to do something to make a bigger issue of this whole thing , maybe some kinda protests or demonstrations . I'll try to find some info .

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:26 pm

a little info , schools football team is going to work the situation . --- http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /70205646/ ---

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:34 pm

donate to the NRA or GOA instead Steve , JPFO is also good . The problem with college and university is that the 'perfessors' are overpaid and SOME do anti American brainwashing plus like you say , they are too sports oriented !!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 pm

If you enjoy getting a good swift kick in the nuts, whenever you hear about the football team's participation in this business, ask if Joe Mixon is participating. You won't like the response you get.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:03 pm

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:55 am

I haven't seen the video. Was this something they were doing in their frat house, or in public?

I remember my college frat singing lots of songs: "Chi-O, Chi-O, it's off to bed we go..." and "Pi Kappa Alpha we are p*ssing on your door.... come out we'll p*ss on you", and so forth. I don't remember any racial slurs in any of them. That seems both weird and stupid, but drunk frat boys will sometimes do weird and stupid things.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:24 am

They were on a charter bus going to some fraternity function. It appears that one of the girls on the bus was uncomfortable with the song and recorded it.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:02 am

interesting , uncomfortable so she recorded it !!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 am

I doubt she recorded it and put it on Youtube because she thought it was funny. But who knows?

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:29 pm

The young lady who put it on-line is an African-American. I wonder if she was on the bus. Rather doubtful.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:49 pm

everyone is a potential SPY and they all carry audio video in their pockets !!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:14 pm

I don't.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:23 pm

same here Gouchy , land line at home and maybe a cell phone from wal mart if my wife and I are traveling in the outback . I don't like them , thought about buying a better one a few months ago , wal mart cheapie again , pay by the amount of minutes wanted which expire after 3 months [think it is] . I had one , wife had one in about 2006 -7 but got rid of it , we saw no real utility .

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 pm

I have a cell phone. Just no audio video. We have not had a landline in
about ten years.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:51 pm

I am trying to impress on my children that any more you have to assume you are being recorded all the time. Cell phones, security cameras, police cameras . . .

Neither of my kids are jocks, so they need to be on their guard.

Return to “Your first forum”