Melisas Sweetcakes destroyed as 'love wins'

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Re: Melisas Sweetcakes destroyed as 'love wins'

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:29 am

Can I sue Walmart for refusing to sell me a Confederate flag?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:30 am

and now the bake shops owners have a gag order on them to keep their mouths shut --- http://canadafreepress.com/article/73461 --- [repeat]

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 am

millergrovesue wrote:Go back and read the article again. I did. Seems pretty danged clear to me that the bakery broke the law since that's what the article says. Not my opinion, it's what the article says.

Break the law..lose your business while some others hit the lottery because of it?

No comment about that?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:50 am

millergrovesue wrote:Go back and read the article again. I did. Seems pretty danged clear to me that the bakery broke the law since that's what the article says. Not my opinion, it's what the article says.

No,that is your opinion and that's not what the article says.
The article says that the state of Oregon has ruled that the bakery broke the law.
The ruling could be wrong and may get overturned on appeal.

Here is the law as quoted by the article:
Under Oregon law, businesses cannot discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn customers away because of race, sex, disability, age or religion, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said in a news release.

Again, discriminating against participants of same sex marriage, does not necessarily equate to discriminating because of sexual orientation. It may be that but it doesn't have to be.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 am

Bigotry against Christians..acceptable and encouraged.

Bigotry against gay marriage = hate.

Christianity and Christian beliefs have been around for 2000 years.

Gay marriage..just a few days.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:11 pm

BillB wrote:
Again, discriminating against participants of same sex marriage, does not necessarily equate to discriminating because of sexual orientation. It may be that but it doesn't have to be.

That is some seriously convoluted logic, Bill. Perhaps you should sign up as the bakery's attorney. :D
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
BillB wrote:

That is some seriously convoluted logic, Bill. Perhaps you should sign up as the bakery's attorney. :D

Same sex marriages can be sham marriages or marriages of convenience just like straight marriages can be.
They would have nothing to do with sexual orientation. They may be for immigration, tax, insurance or other reasons.
The Oregon law addresses discrimination due to sexual orientation.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 am

ralph wrote:and now the bake shops owners have a gag order on them to keep their mouths shut --- http://canadafreepress.com/article/73461 --- [repeat]

I noticed that the right wing news was calling it a "gag order". It doesn't look like a "gag order" to me. They can individually state or discuss anything they want. But, the judge responded to their assertion that they would continue to discriminate with an order that prohibited them from posting a policy in their business stating explicitly that they intended to ignore the relevant laws...

Individually, they can say or claim anything they want. They are just "gagged" from making it an official business policy (posted intent to ignore state law) and posting it in their business. Think about it, what other businesses have the right to post policy saying they are, and will continue, ignoring state law. That is just wrong. But, prohibiting it is NOT a gag order.

Could I suggest that you look at both sides of a story BEFORE you hit "auto-outrage"?

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 am

heard the owner of the cake shop yesterday on radio , he says that he has been ordered to keep his mouth shut 'CD' . AND, you can suggest anything you like !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 am

Castle Doctrine wrote:
ralph wrote:and now the bake shops owners have a gag order on them to keep their mouths shut --- http://canadafreepress.com/article/73461 --- [repeat]

I noticed that the right wing news was calling it a "gag order". It doesn't look like a "gag order" to me. They can individually state or discuss anything they want. But, the judge responded to their assertion that they would continue to discriminate with an order that prohibited them from posting a policy in their business stating explicitly that they intended to ignore the relevant laws...

Individually, they can say or claim anything they want. They are just "gagged" from making it an official business policy (posted intent to ignore state law) and posting it in their business. Think about it, what other businesses have the right to post policy saying they are, and will continue, ignoring state law. That is just wrong. But, prohibiting it is NOT a gag order.

Could I suggest that you look at both sides of a story BEFORE you hit "auto-outrage"?

Finally, a resident gay/lesbian LGBTWAXYZ!

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 am

boards becoming 'diverse' !!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:28 am

ralph wrote:heard the owner of the cake shop yesterday on radio , he says that he has been ordered to keep his mouth shut 'CD' . AND, you can suggest anything you like !!

I haven't heard him but it is about what i expected from them. This did not get called a "gag order" by anyone but the owners...and certain RW news sources. A "gag order" prohibits EVERYONE from discussing a case or particular aspects of a case. It is emphatically NOT an order to one individual to "keep his mouth shut". There is a significant difference in the law and legal doctrine involved and an order to "keep your mouth shut".

The use of a well-understood legal term like "gag order" causes us to make certain connections (that are not appropriate in the current situation) and it was done to be purposefully misleading. That is why I suggested you review both sides of an issue before making inaccurate claims. I was just trying to be helpful. I hate to see people make erroneous statements like yours...that are just a function of tunnel vision. I don't really do snarky...I'm more inclined to be helpful.

It is funny, I know myself to be a racist and a homophobe; but, that just prompts me to be more careful not to let that effect how I treat those groups...rather than to claim my base responses are normal and correct. I often wonder why others are so reluctant to accept the truth about themselves and their attitudes. Seems odd to me.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 am

Castle Doctrine wrote:Could I suggest that you look at both sides of a story BEFORE you hit "auto-outrage"?

LOVE that term!!!!

Yeah, my understanding too is that a gag order includes all parties. Me thinks the bakers are playing this for all they can get. Maybe they are hoping the professionally outraged will send them piles of money.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:35 am

millergrovesue wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:Could I suggest that you look at both sides of a story BEFORE you hit "auto-outrage"?

LOVE that term!!!!

Yeah, my understanding too is that a gag order includes all parties. Me thinks the bakers are playing this for all they can get. Maybe they are hoping the professionally outraged will send them piles of money.

For all they can get?

You must be speaking about the scamming gay leeches.

They're the ones that hit the lottery because of an absurd law..Melissa's is now going out of business.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

GFB wrote:They're the ones that hit the lottery because of an absurd law..Melissa's is now going out of business.

Buh Bye Melissa. I suggest you move to a state with laws that better suit you.

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:55 am

Yep , its tyranny and some love it !! Thing is that the homosexuals coulda just respected Melissa religious rules , feelings and gone to another baker but TYRANNY is better in some peoples view . The left loves Tyranny of the majority until they are forced to abandon it . Good to see some examples of people advocating for tyranny because of personal circumstance though , they are an Example !!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:57 am

GFB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

LOVE that term!!!!

For all they can get?

You must be speaking about the scamming gay leeches.

They're the ones that hit the lottery because of an absurd law..Melissa's is now going out of business.

I'm not sure anyone "hit the lotto" here. The couple could probably pursue a civil suit successfully but I haven't heard of them doing that. I think by "all they can get" it was meant they are playing for sympathy and publicity. The 135K fine goes to the State of Oregon as I understand it.

Why do you think the law is "absurd"? It seems very reasonable to me. It is certainly clear and easy to understand...well worded. And, since we are on the subject, what "scamming" are the "gay leeches" doing (and why are they leeches)?

I don't know that the bakery is going out of business. The whole statement that they would continue to break the law sort of suggests that they don't intend to close. They should pick up business from those who agree with you just as they loss business from others. It should balance out and the "gag order" gag is just for publicity and sympathy (and money) from others who don't feel the law should apply to them because of their (oh so convenient) religious beliefs. The scam appears to be by the owners (and discriminators).

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 pm

ralph wrote:Yep , its tyranny and some love it !! Thing is that the homosexuals coulda just respected Melissa religious rules , feelings and gone to another baker but TYRANNY is better in some peoples view . The left loves Tyranny of the majority until they are forced to abandon it . Good to see some examples of people advocating for tyranny because of personal circumstance though , they are an Example !!

The left won't be happy until everyone thinks just
Ike them.

They have a lot in common with the Islamo-fascists.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 pm

"Buh Bye Melissa. I suggest you move to a state with laws that better suit you."

If a month ago I had suggested that to Homosexuals wanting to Marry in Texas, you would have had one of you little fits of outrage. LMAO ! :)

In a way I agree, they should move to a "Free State".

I am a never Hillaryite!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:32 pm

GFB wrote:
ralph wrote:Yep , its tyranny and some love it !! Thing is that the homosexuals coulda just respected Melissa religious rules , feelings and gone to another baker but TYRANNY is better in some peoples view . The left loves Tyranny of the majority until they are forced to abandon it . Good to see some examples of people advocating for tyranny because of personal circumstance though , they are an Example !!

The left won't be happy until everyone thinks just
Ike them.

They have a lot in common with the Islamo-fascists.

You seem to have forgotten to mention Republicans, Tea-partiers and Evangelical Christians...of course, they don't REALLY care if we all think like them as long as we follow THEIR rules in our everyday life. It cuts both ways. I don't want to tell anyone how to think or live their lives. Neither do I wish to me subjected to the same for my own "good" or so I don't do something that offends.

Now, I assume you a strong proponent of "law and order". So, tell me, why should the couple have ignored a serious breach, even a flouting, of State law? Should they not have insisted the law be enforced and/or obeyed? As for going to another baker...that would have been wrong in a couple of ways. First, it would perpetuate discriminatory behavior. Second, what you suggest is sort of like the Jim Crow South. As long as the Black folks sat where they were told and used their "own" facilities everything was fine. It took forcing some of the people in post-Civil War America to respect their rights...rights that they had been denied for over 100 years. It is much the same here. These fights must be waged to insure equality. It won't happen otherwise.

And, frankly, I would be bored if everyone thought like me. Who would I argue with?

Return to “Your first forum”