Melisas Sweetcakes destroyed as 'love wins'

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: Melisas Sweetcakes destroyed as 'love wins'

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 am

not impressed with modern news reporters although there may be some that are good . Reporters are supposed to report the news as they TRY to watch their words for 'bias' as they report . Goal of a good reporter is to keep their 'bias' about the news out of their reporting . Reporting on Who , What , Where , When and How are the old rules for reporters I think . The 'WHY' was supposed to be figured out by the readers that read or watched the reporters report . I learned the above in probably 1960 or thereabouts .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:41 am

IMO, what passes for good journalism today is finding the right balance between your own reporters and what's available on Twitter.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:49 am

I watch FOX but dislike what I see as liberal biased spinners on FOX. Nothing better than FOX though as I really just listen to find out what the current big deal is . Take Greece a few days ago , I first took it seriously because of Greg but then I checked it out on the computer mainly . Lots of info both ways from all kinds of sites on the computer using a few key words in search .

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:26 pm

ralph wrote:not impressed with modern news reporters although there may be some that are good . Reporters are supposed to report the news as they TRY to watch their words for 'bias' as they report . Goal of a good reporter is to keep their 'bias' about the news out of their reporting . Reporting on Who , What , Where , When and How are the old rules for reporters I think . The 'WHY' was supposed to be figured out by the readers that read or watched the reporters report . I learned the above in probably 1960 or thereabouts .

I remember news anchors from way back and they've always been biased. I think more than they are today.
Edward R. Murrow was definitely biased. Walter Cronkite had a flaming liberal bias.

They were worse then because people really paid attention to them.
Murrow brought down Joe McCarthy with one of his See It Now shows.
Cronkite is credited with turning the country wholesale against the Vietnam war with a single broadcast.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:33 pm

ralph wrote:I watch FOX but dislike what I see as liberal biased spinners on FOX. Nothing better than FOX though as I really just listen to find out what the current big deal is . Take Greece a few days ago , I first took it seriously because of Greg but then I checked it out on the computer mainly . Lots of info both ways from all kinds of sites on the computer using a few key words in search .

FOX is TOO liberal for you? Just how far to the right are you? "Liberal biased spinners" on FOX? There are more conservatives on MSNBC than liberals on FOX.

We are probably going to have some interesting discussions.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:56 pm

'sheep smith' is a little girl , oreily is a liar or SPINNER when it comes to fire arms . greta is ignorant as far as human nature and reality go and I used to like her , thought that she was smart . Still may be smart but no street sense imo . Reminds me of young girls of 50 years ago that I knew . They would ask WHY nazi were killing Jews in concentration camps and burning them in crematory . Naïve I guess !!
Last edited by ralph on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:58 pm

and , not far right at all , just conservative and I like the American way of doing things rather than the lefty way that the country is currently going .

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 pm

ralph wrote:and , not far right at all , just conservative and I like the American way of doing things rather than the lefty way that the country is currently going .

I get the feeling that we have essentially similar backgrounds. It is interesting to me that we see the World and the Country so differently. Now, I feel like I can safely stand on my record regarding support for the "American way". But, I have the feeling that we mean somewhat different things when we say "American way".

And try to remember, those "lefties" are also Americans. Partisan politics not withstanding, I rather like the way things are going. "American way" (regardless of your viewpoint) has had some bad moments and has a few warts (often with big ole hairs growing out of them). Some changes are in order according to the younger Americans I associate with. Not total but some stuff needs to be addressed...out of reality, out of decency, in the interest of adopting effectively changes in technology. Not all change is progress (like automated propulsion systems) but some is. The trick is to sort them out. From my studies of history the one thing that is clear is that change, and the resultant flux and conflict, is the hand maiden of the "American way"...not the Navy way but definitely the American way.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:28 pm

nope , no handshaking bi partisanship for me , I know who the enemy is and I've always disliked the concept of agreeing to disagree 'CD' !!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:34 pm

ralph wrote:nope , no handshaking bi partisanship for me , I know who the enemy is and I've always disliked the concept of agreeing to disagree 'CD' !!

I think your comment captures the essence of our difference...I don't really believe there is an internal enemy. I know the external enemies and they are scary enough to keep be focused there. I also like resolution. A discussion that ends that way was a waste of time. Sometimes social convention dictates that we disagree amiably but I don't like it.

I just don't think that anyone who truly has the best interests of America at heart can really be my enemy...even if we disagree.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:51 pm

like I say , I know who the internal and external enemies are . I also see the kowtowing that's being done to external enemies like islamic state . And that kowtowing is being done by internal enemies or lefties in America . 16 bomb strikes on on 'Islamic state' a few days ago and the lefties smile and say that mrobama is fighting the 'Islamic state' !! Its laughable 'CD' !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:54 pm

AND , I certainly don't think that lefty progressives have the best interest of the USA at heart CD . Open borders , a corrupt government and supreme court is not in the best interest for the USA CD !!
Last edited by ralph on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:58 pm

America's greatest and most harmful enemies..are internal.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 pm

yep , and see the Internal ENEMIES at work as they work for a nuke agreement with a sharia state [iran] that has threatened to wipe out an American ally in the middle east known as Israel . And for sure ,the Iranians are liars , can't be trusted and are known for their muslim practice of 'taqiyah' which means acceptable lying . Their taqiyah is acceptable lying if it helps the 'iranians' achieve their religious goals .

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Amongst Muslims..there's no such thing as.."truth" or "lies."

There is no difference between them.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BillB

Postby BillB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:48 pm

GFB wrote:Amongst Muslims..there's no such thing as.."truth" or "lies."

There is no difference between them.

Hillary Clinton must be a Muslim.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:56 pm

its interesting to check out some of 'muslim' customs and practices like 'taqiyah' and a few others , The things that a Christian or just good Western culture Mom and Dad taught a kid not to do are perfectly acceptable in islam .

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Good old Oregon - where you are forced to participate in activities supporting a Homosexual Marriage and a 15 year old can get taxpayer funded genital Multilations without parental consent.

A Useful Idiots Heaven !

I am a never Hillaryite!

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 pm

yep , just heard about the today , 15 year old kid can start the 'jenner' process without parents permission , Its amazing !!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:57 am

GFB wrote:America's greatest and most harmful enemies..are internal.

And one is in the White House, "fundamentally transform[ing] America".

Return to “Your first forum”