NAACP wants to sand blast Stone Mountain

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: NAACP wants to sand blast Stone Mountain

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:27 pm

BillB wrote:
Red Oak wrote:ISIS with a deeper tan.

I thought of the Taliban blowing up the historical Buddhist statues.

I have to admit.."Stone Mountain" is a new one for me.

My travels don't include state or national parks.

But now that I know what the NAACP is talking about..yes, this is no different from radical Muslims blowing up religious or historical sites.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Stone Mountain --- http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... orgia.html --- Carving pictures , information .

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:This is so interesting. We have a bunch of racists, making blatantly racist comments, but sufficiently ashamed of their beliefs that they deny their racism. Man up, boys, admit how you really feel about THOSE people. I have and it helps. I promise.

The disturbing thing to me is that I find myself in agreement with you on this. I would prefer one of you make a cogent argument but, since that isn't likely to happen, I suppose I should. I came to feel the flag issue was valid over time. The bottom line was the flag was being misused for me. I always argued that it meant many things to many people and absolutely nothing that the viewer didn't imbue it with personally...clothe and dye, that is all it is without someone's attribution. Perhaps it is a symbol of something bad to some. To be, it was just a symptom of the larger problem and treating the symptom and ignoring the disease is bad practice. In this case, it completely obscured the illness and has lead some to believe they have "won" something or other...still just in their head.

Now, a flag is just a piece of clothe. You can take it down and put it away. Perhaps you can display it another day. The stuff on Stone Mountain is tangible, a work for the ages regardless of its subject. I don't know much about it but I know if they destroy it will be gone...but racism will still be here. We need to focus on the illness (racism) rather than the symptoms (flags, monuments, mountains [and their names], organizational names and so on). We will make a lot more progress that way.

The racist in me is certain that this is an example of their community being on a roll and taking it a monument too far. In fact, the anti-racist in me feels much the same way. Removing symbols is one thing...destroying stuff that other folks value is another thing altogether. And, yes, it does smack of ISIS...or the folks that burned the Library at Alexandria or that left the Iraqi museums to be looted.

This I believe needs to be opposed as strongly as possible.

I'm not even sure whom you are addressing.

I will say that we all have lived in a racist society and racism touches us all ... including black people. But, really, racism isn't the problem. The problem, it is 'ethnicity' ism. It's not about skin color as much as it is about ethnicities. It certainly is not any kind of lefty agenda. Being kind and generous to one and all and restraining unkindness is what humanity should be about. And NO I'm not saying 'kindness' is how ISIS should be treated. I will say that we dare not answer brutal inhumanity with more brutal inhumanity. STOP all the bad guys with whatever (force) is necessary. But let us not become like the horrid murderers of the world.

Ethnicity-ism is about behavior/speech/dress, etc. Terrorism is 'I'll kill you if you don't think like I do and I'll do it because I hate you and I want to terrify your kind.' ISIS is about nothing more bloodthirsty, ignorant ENJOYMENT of the most depraved conduct imaginable. At least I pray there isn't much that goes deeper than what has so far been imagined and accomplished.

To compare any human being who has not cut heads off adults, burned pilots alive and killed Christian (and other) babies without remorse is exactly what I said it was: reprehensible.
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
ralph wrote:RACIST , haven't paid attention to the word and concept ever except to read about it . Its just another word thrown about by professional lefties as they try to make dummies feel guilty .

This, then, is how justify being one? And if you have read about it you certainly have paid attention to it. It isn't just another word and I don't know any "professional lefties". It is usually impossible to make dummies feel guilty...they are too dumb. But, I don't think you are a dummy...just that it strikes a deep chord with you...as it does with me.

So, what is your definition? Here is a simple test. When a minority does something you don't like in traffic what is your first thought? Mine is usually "Stupid Fing (fill in the minority slur)". But, I KNOW I am a racist. Maybe you don't see color...you tell me.

This is a good suggestion. I like this post a lot.
All Life is Feudal

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:25 pm

mayhem wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:
ralph wrote:RACIST , haven't paid attention to the word and concept ever except to read about it . Its just another word thrown about by professional lefties as they try to make dummies feel guilty .

This, then, is how justify being one? And if you have read about it you certainly have paid attention to it. It isn't just another word and I don't know any "professional lefties". It is usually impossible to make dummies feel guilty...they are too dumb. But, I don't think you are a dummy...just that it strikes a deep chord with you...as it does with me.

So, what is your definition? Here is a simple test. When a minority does something you don't like in traffic what is your first thought? Mine is usually "Stupid Fing (fill in the minority slur)". But, I KNOW I am a racist. Maybe you don't see color...you tell me.

Yep!

I've been to Stone Mountain. I was a impressed by the work that went into it. There were some neat pix of folks dining on top of the sculpture just after it was completed. It is a bas relief cut into the mountain.

I agree with your statements, Castle, about symptoms and disease. I think the desire for destroying more and more Confederate related items is about blacks finally feeling like they are being heard and understood so taking the bit in their teeth (as it were) and going overboard in an effort to be more understood and equal. Yes, it's too much but I certainly do understand the emotion behind it.

Few of us can begin to understand, I know I can't, even a small part of what life is like when you are hated and oppressed for being something over which you have no control.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:44 pm

mayhem wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:

Nice that you agree with yourself.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:14 pm

posted by Mayhem:

Nice that you agree with yourself.[/quote]

What exactly does that mean?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
posted by Mayhem:

What exactly does that mean?[/quote]

It's the (how do I call someone a jerk without using a label?) claiming you are 2 people again. Apparently RO's nastiness rubs off on some others. Come on Greg, you are a better person than that. I know you are.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:47 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:
posted by Mayhem:

What exactly does that mean?

It's the (how do I call someone a jerk without using a label?) claiming you are 2 people again. Apparently RO's nastiness rubs off on some others. Come on Greg, you are a better person than that. I know you are.

Well, I'm not quite sure what this has to do with being a good or bad person..I just happen to think that it's quite obvious from posting styles..these are both the same person.

I have not related him or her to any posters from DD or anywhere else..just talking right here and right now.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm

GFB wrote:Well, I'm not quite sure what this has to do with being a good or bad person..I just happen to think that it's quite obvious from posting styles..these are both the same person.

I have not related him or her to any posters from DD or anywhere else..just talking right here and right now.

And if that's the case, though I don't think it is, what difference does it make? Heck, for all you know my evil twin is posting as Red Oak-------GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:55 pm

"Apparently RO's nastiness rubs off on some others. Come on Greg, you are a better person than that. I know you are"

I just hope your goofy. holier than thou. passive aggressive, psychological projection does not wear off on some innocent here. LMAO :)

Helen Keller could see H2O has returned - twice :)

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
GFB wrote:Well, I'm not quite sure what this has to do with being a good or bad person..I just happen to think that it's quite obvious from posting styles..these are both the same person.

And if that's the case, though I don't think it is, what difference does it make? Heck, for all you know my evil twin is posting as Red Oak-------GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!

It makes a difference when they start talking to each other..other than that..not so much.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:07 pm

GFB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

It makes a difference when they start talking to each other..other than that..not so much.

I don't know why anyone would want to do that. But, anyone with a basic knowledge of English should be able to tell that Mayhem's posts and mine are written by different people. We both have distinctive styles of writing and using language. But, I suspect the Mod can pull the IP for us and confirm we post from very different locations. He has my permission to do so...I don't know about Mayhem's.

Do you know how silly this is. Do you think there is only one articulate, reasonable person on the Internet? Why does this seem to bother you so?

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:38 pm

I believe there is another "duo" posting here. It is interesting.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
GFB wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

I don't know why anyone would want to do that. But, anyone with a basic knowledge of English should be able to tell that Mayhem's posts and mine are written by different people. We both have distinctive styles of writing and using language. But, I suspect the Mod can pull the IP for us and confirm we post from very different locations. He has my permission to do so...I don't know about Mayhem's.

Do you know how silly this is. Do you think there is only one articulate, reasonable person on the Internet? Why does this seem to bother you so?

It's because of identical crap like that..from both of you.

What I do not think, since you asked..is that two of the most boring, rambling, obfuscating blowhards could possibly exist on the Internet..certainly not at the same site.
Last edited by GFB on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Oh sweet Jesus my nastiness has rubbed of on Grouchy ! ;)

I am a never Hillaryite!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:40 pm

And now GfB !

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:54 pm

Red Oak wrote:And now GfB !

Yeah, does that give you an idea of how poison spreads?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:56 pm

GFB wrote:
What I do not think, since you asked..is that two of the most boring, rambling, obfuscating blowhards could possibly exist on the Internet..certainly not at the same site.

You disagree so you call names. How very Red Oak of you. Again, you are a better person than this, Greg. Disagree but don't be an asshole. It's just not necessary nor is it productive.................hell, or loving..............if you care about that kind of thing.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:02 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
GFB wrote:

You disagree so you call names. How very Red Oak of you. Again, you are a better person than this, Greg. Disagree but don't be an asshole. It's just not necessary nor is it productive.................hell, or loving..............if you care about that kind of thing.

There are times it is warranted.

He put himself above everyone else by calling himself the one articulate and reasonable person here.

At that point..time for a clarification.

Are you sure calling me an asshole is warranted?

Return to “Your first forum”