looks like Trump will Spend what it takes

Description of your first forum.
ralph

looks like Trump will Spend what it takes

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:06 am

and I say , GOOD !! --- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/1 ... 15264.html --- and some nice mention by Donald of the good Ted Cruz !!

Castle Doctrine

Re: looks like Trump will Spend what it takes

Postby Castle Doctrine » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:31 pm

I don't know that it is possible to outright buy an election at that level. Trump may think he can do it but I don't think so

I've seen exactly this sort of thing in the Texas Governor's race...many years ago. The President of the bank my Mom worked at decided he was as qualified as anyone else seeking the job. The guys spent millions and millions of his own money seeking the Dem nomination and got blasted out of the primaries. I seem to recall Mom saying he spent 20% of his net worth on it...and didn't regret it. Not exactly the same but a bit.

The problem here is Trump himself. You like him, you like what he says...there is a reason for that. He is telling you what you want to hear and you aren't thinking about it. That is just a fact and there are people on the other side just the same about Hillary. But, once he purchases the Republican nomination he will be facing a very different issue. He is actively alienating the people he will need to win a Presidential lection in order to get the nomination.

In the general election he will be no more electable than any of the other Pub contenders. The Independents and Liberals are going to scrutinize what he says. And, when they get done laughing they are going to vote for ANYBODY but Trump. And I believe that to be a fact.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:47 pm

well , bloomberg buys GUN laws and legislation with his money . Trump is buying nothing he is self funding , while Hilary steals money and panders , appeases foreign governments as she begs for funding . I'm much happier with a guy spending his own money a he will owe no one anything 'cd' .

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:17 pm

ralph wrote:well , bloomberg buys GUN laws and legislation with his money . Trump is buying nothing he is self funding , while Hilary steals money and panders , appeases foreign governments as she begs for funding . I'm much happier with a guy spending his own money a he will owe no one anything 'cd' .

He made a very large part of that fortune by using our loose bankruptcy laws to his advantage. Just because something is legal does not mean it is right.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:23 pm

think that LOOSE but legal bankruptcy laws are Legal to use and using them is just 'good business' practice in a capitalist economic system !! They are also called 'Legal Loopholes' and the smart business man uses anything that is LEGAL to make money Grouchy .

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:26 pm

as far as using Morality to judge Legal loopholes , which system of morality should be used ??

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:32 pm

TRUMP related , huffington post tries messing with the Donald and Donald responds . --- https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/po ... 6608075725 ---

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:51 pm

grouchy wrote:
ralph wrote:well , bloomberg buys GUN laws and legislation with his money . Trump is buying nothing he is self funding , while Hilary steals money and panders , appeases foreign governments as she begs for funding . I'm much happier with a guy spending his own money a he will owe no one anything 'cd' .

He made a very large part of that fortune by using our loose bankruptcy laws to his advantage. Just because something is legal does not mean it is right.

Quite true.

The Donald is ruthless and out for Number 1, himself. I need to be convinced that he can exercise some control over his loose lips lest he create a huge PR problem for the US, not to mention rash decisions that would not be wise to make in heated moments.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:55 pm

I like his loose lips , hope he puts foreigners in their place . I'll vote for him if he goes that long , hope that he and Ted Cruz get together . PR , I personally don't care about PR or world opinion !!
Last edited by ralph on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:56 pm

course , if he goes that far . Any voter can vote for who ever they like .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:48 pm

I am reminded of the scene in Paint Your Wagon when the wife of the Mormon agrees to be auctioned off to one of the men in the mining camp.

Mormon: But Elizabeth, you don't know what you will get.
Elizabeth: I know what I've had.

Maybe it's time to try something different.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:53 pm

I like that story and reasoning B.T. , also loved 'paint your wagon' , like that gold nose . think it was GOLD !!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Trump can afford it. He should buy the rights to use "And now for something completely different" as his campaign slogan.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Might work , I don't remember the scene but loved the movie .

Return to “Your first forum”