more on MR.Trump in Arkansas

Description of your first forum.
RaisinCain

Re: more on MR.Trump in Arkansas

Postby RaisinCain » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:55 pm

McCain himself said he should have been kicked out of the Navy on more than one occasion, but his family connections kept him in. His grandfather was an admiral in WWII and "Junior" McCain (McCains' father) was not only an admiral but was at one time in charge of the entire Vietnam war.

Sorry, but getting shot down after many self-admitted misbehaviors doesn't make him a hero in my book. He survived due to his instinct for self-preservation, but that doesn't make him a hero, IMHO. A hero is a guy who lays his life on the line to save others, not someone who is captured and fortunately manages to survive. Again, just my opinion.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:08 pm

MCain would not have been flying off Oriskany at all if he had not volunteered to cross deck after Oriskany lost many pilots in a fire.

McCain can make fun of himself all he wants, but it takes a certain amount of skill and some nads to make your living launching and recovering on a carrier. If you're not up to the job, you don't fly. Doesn't matter who your daddy is. The Navy has lots of non-flying jobs.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 am

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:03 am

There seems to be a big divide on McCain's war hero status between those who served and those who didn't. There's no divide on his political career though. Trump is still a chump!

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 am

no one actually KNOWS who served unless people BRAG about it ANN !! Some people think that their BRAGGING about their military service or weaing a little VETS baseball cap gives them special status . Never made a whit of difference to me . I figure that a veteran just did their job .

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:22 am

and I KNOW that my Dad and Uncles that served with one Uncle being killed in France never BRAGGED about being veterans of WW2 . All served for the duration of WW2 except the Uncle that was killed in France and who is still in France . He didn't serve for the ENTIRE duration .

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:31 am

BigTex wrote:MCain would not have been flying off Oriskany at all if he had not volunteered to cross deck after Oriskany lost many pilots in a fire.

McCain can make fun of himself all he wants, but it takes a certain amount of skill and some nads to make your living launching and recovering on a carrier. If you're not up to the job, you don't fly. Doesn't matter who your daddy is. The Navy has lots of non-flying jobs.

I respectfully disagree.

Prior to being shot down over Vietnam, he had crashed an unbelievable THREE times. Had his last name not been McCain, he may have been benched after the first one, but most certainly would not have retained his flying status after crash number two. Therefore there would have been no crash number three.

These were all pilot error, BTW, which McCain admits and which the Navy also found; these were not three malfuntioning aircraft that one man just happen to be unlucky enough to be assigned to.

So in a strange way, his family connections actually got him captured in Vietnam, since had he been an ordinary joe he would no longer have been flying at the time of his capture.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:13 am

Disagree away.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:15 am

ralph wrote:no one actually KNOWS who served unless people BRAG about it ANN !! Some people think that their BRAGGING about their military service or weaing a little VETS baseball cap gives them special status . Never made a whit of difference to me . I figure that a veteran just did their job .

Maybe they like being able to recognize each other when they are out in public. People who served in Vietnam served at a time when being in the military was not popular. They came home to people calling them baby killers. They did their time and are proud of their service. Why begrudge them a ballcap or a lapel pin? I have a spare cap if you want it. You can shove it up your ass.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 am

I think that it is foolishness , just another engineered division amongst Americans BT . No matter my Dads military status he made it on his own and not because of past glory . ---------------------------- You can see my main point being made by another poster , that poster brought up the SUPPOSED difference in thinking between military vets and people with no military concerning 'mccain' and his 'hero' status . That division between Americans is a bad thing in my opinion and the same division is being engineered between police , so called heros that are just doing jobs that they beg for and the AMERICAN people that the police work for !!
Last edited by ralph on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:38 am

and BEGRUDGE , I begrudge nothing , just don't pay any attention outside of noticing BT.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:01 am

yeah, right

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:01 am

OFF TOPIC but concerning Division . He11 , muslims , Somalis in Minnesota , south americans flooding the USA , refugees from the middle east and many of these groups hate or dislike the Americans in the USA . Then American division between gays , vets , whites , blacks , browns , yellows , natives , ADA people , transgenders all fighting for special gov granted special rights and favors is bad division . Division of the USA into special people that make up groups that are all looking for favors from government at taxpayer expense is not good . Just an OFF TOPIC thought !!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:08 am

BigTex wrote:
ralph wrote:no one actually KNOWS who served unless people BRAG about it ANN !! Some people think that their BRAGGING about their military service or weaing a little VETS baseball cap gives them special status . Never made a whit of difference to me . I figure that a veteran just did their job .

Maybe they like being able to recognize each other when they are out in public. People who served in Vietnam served at a time when being in the military was not popular. They came home to people calling them baby killers. They did their time and are proud of their service. Why begrudge them a ballcap or a lapel pin? I have a spare cap if you want it. You can shove it up your ass.

My BIL was agent oranged multiple times. He has many many medical problems as a result including brain abnormalities. He also has PTSD. No small part of the trauma he suffered was from exactly what you mentioned, Grouchy. He came home to country hostile toward soldiers and often open in their hostility. He proudly wears his cap and his vest as well he should. He deserves every "Thank you for your service." that is spoken to him and is to this day surprised when he hears it.
My husband never saw combat but did serve through the Vietnam area and till 1986 - a 20+ years - because he loves this country. He doesn't "brag" about his service but has every right to do so in my opinion.

I'm with Grouchy on this. Oh, and Ann. I'd go further and say Trump behaves like a major jerk. Just what this country needs - an arrogant, reality t.v. star, with far too much money to have a clue what life is like for real humans, serial wives, accustomed to getting his way with no back talk. Yeah, great presidential material.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:40 am

Trump is excellent , probably because he is perceived to be a JERK by his enemies and enemies are what they are . Yep , JERKS are better than the moderate appeasing rinos like the let them ALL IN the country 'bush' or 'roobio' . ------- he11 , with the bush and roobio you guys are just building another China full of different races , religions , cultures that will require more officials , police , laws , rules , regulations , authorities to keep everyone LOVING :D each other . See Farmeville Texas for news of their new MUSLIM Cemetary and an urgent appeal for some pigs blood .

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:48 am

Trump is still avoiding most issues..for a reason, I'm sure.

Most likely it's because he holds many liberal views.

But the two issues he has taken on are two that are dear to my heart.

Illegals don't belong here..and John McCain.

..two which are very, very connected.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:59 am

probably agree , then again , I have no problem with some liberal issues . I describe myself as Conservative with libertarian leaning so it depends on what the liberal issues are . As a businessman he contributes to both parties with the goal of making money and I have no problem with that . My main issues are immigration and guns . And 'mccain' . as shown by my posts , I have NO use for him since I became aware of him quite a few years back .

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 am

There are no liberal sides to me..that I know of.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:32 am

more on MR.Trump , Nevada poll , --- http://downtrend.com/admin/gop-2016-tru ... -Hispanics --- supposedly Trump takes massive lead amongst 'hispanics' in Nevada polling .

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 am

Please let the republicans nominate Donald Trump

OR Santorum, or Cruz, or White, or Graham, Walker, or Perry (esp Perry!) or Fellure (oh, please let it be Fellure!), or Christie, or Bush ... oh, hell, any of the hundred or so who have put their chapeaux

in the Ring!!!

My special favorite is Huckabee ... but any of them will do.

The Dems have it to lose. But they won't.

Even Pelosi would crush them.

Hell, even Barney Frank would keep the lights burning late in Republican homes.

Youse will beat y'allself to death before the conventions.
All Life is Feudal

Return to “Your first forum”