IRS

Description of your first forum.
ann jusko

IRS

Postby ann jusko » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:36 am

Oh no, two of my 4 children got greetings from the IRS. Daughter said "Mom, you need to quit going to grass roots meetings!" I retired, but I guess not soon enough. LOL!

millergrovesue

Re: IRS

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 am

We've never been audited by the IRS but our business was audited, last year, by the state employment commission. I asked why and was told it was just random. Apparently it was. I always file on time and pay promptly. I spent more time gathering the paperwork than I spent with the examiner. We had a pleasant 30 minutes together then were done. Painless thanks to my great record keeping. (patting myself on the back because I deserve it.) :)
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:46 am

Cruz promises to get rid of the current IRS system, for that alone, he almost gets my vote.

My personal thought: If they,IRS, would close some of the loopholes allowed for businesses they would collect the billions they are after in huge amounts rather than nickle and dime the average individual for payment, which includes huge penalty plus interest.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Like any government operation, the IRS is a jobs program. They have absolutely no interest in streamlining.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:39 pm

How can a president close down the IRS?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Are their returns being examined?? Just curious. Let me know by PM Ann.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:50 pm

I actually don't know. Mike is in Denver and my daughter is at a charity bake sale for the Blue Ridge Fire District women's group. Her husband is the chief. Mike's with his girlfriend, visiting her cousin. They were just giving me a hard time for being Catherine Engelbreht's friend and demonstrator.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:20 pm

millergrovesue wrote:How can a president close down the IRS?

How can a president shut down the INS?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Mark wrote:

Well, if he is like the current one, simply make a law that suits him. Like he says, I AM the King, oops I mean President.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:14 pm

I heard Ted Cruz saying he would do this on his first day in office as president. I wonder when he will find out that it is not one of his powers.

But, let's imagine he has the power.
The accountants who know those things say a flat tax won't generate enough income to run the government. Now, the POTUS will have to figure out how to get income to run the place.

Second consequence: LOTS of IRS employees are now unemployed. The employment rate just took a hit. Government will have to contribute to those folk's unemployment payments. Next consequence: Lots of CPAs are now going to be unemployed because without complicated tax codes, the CPA won't be needed as much.
There will be a ripple of unemployment in the accounting world.

So, the POTUS just contributed to a financial crisis within our government and created a large jump in the unemployed folk in our nation.

I think the IRS is a monster that now will be very, very hard to slay.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:30 pm

No one gives a crap when hundreds of thousands of private sector workers are laid off or offshored, ask me how I know this ;)

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:56 pm

The IRS is part of the executive branch.

It can be gotten rid of just like any other department of government.

..which is very easily..if the President and Congress actually want to.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Offer a package to those over 55, stop hiring new workers - bingo bango you reduce those drones by 30 percent or more within a few years.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Red Oak wrote:Offer a package to those over 55, stop hiring new workers - bingo bango you reduce those drones by 30 percent or more within a few years.

Yeah..I'll offer them a package alright.

I got it from a Muslim.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:12 am

LibraryLady wrote:

I heard Ted Cruz saying he would do this on his first day in office as president. I wonder when he will find out that it is not one of his powers.

The accountants who know those things say a flat tax won't generate enough income to run the government. Now, the POTUS will have to figure out how to get income to run the place.

Second consequence: LOTS of IRS employees are now unemployed. The employment rate just took a hit. Government will have to contribute to those folk's unemployment payments. Next consequence: Lots of CPAs are now going to be unemployed because without complicated tax codes, the CPA won't be needed as much.

So, the POTUS just contributed to a financial crisis within our government and created a large jump in the unemployed folk in our nation.

Excellent post, LL.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:29 am

Without the IRS and the EPA, private businesses will flourish. Those over-seas jobs will come back. Ted Cruz isn't the only candidate wanting to eliminate the IRS, I remind you. I think most Americans would love to see the IRS GO. The government wasn't designed to be a major employer. The government can waste millions, even billions of dollars, but can't issue a medicare card that's laminated. It is a flimsy piece of paper and you don't get a new one every year.

The bottom line to me is this....Do we NOT dissolve a corrupt "institution" because of the labor market? We keep those people employed (and remember how many haven't paid their own taxes) giving bonuses every year? Or do we encourage more private sector jobs? We can also eliminate the Dept of Education. What good has it ever done? Without those departments, we sure won't need more tax money.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:20 am

LibraryLady wrote:

First: A flat tax won't generate enough income to run the government? Newsflash: it doesn't do that now. However, cutting downt the size of government would help.

Second: Good. Can we get rid of lawyers, too? How many other useless drags on the economy would this eliminate?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 am

I love my attorneys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are decent hard working men who have gotten us justice from a crooked builder. Without them we would be living in a 5 year old house that is falling apart. They have stuck with us through 6 years of struggle and attempts by the builder to skate. They have charged much less than they should have and cut their fees further, in a settlement conference last year, in order to get the settlement signed. They are our heroes and our friends and truly a gift from God. There is no way we can ever repay them for all they have done for us.

I know there are bad attorneys but there are faaaaaaaaaaar more good than bad.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:00 am

millergrovesue wrote:I love my attorneys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are decent hard working men who have gotten us justice from a crooked builder. Without them we would be living in a 5 year old house that is falling apart. They have stuck with us through 6 years of struggle and attempts by the builder to skate. They have charged much less than they should have and cut their fees further, in a settlement conference last year, in order to get the settlement signed. They are our heroes and our friends and truly a gift from God. There is no way we can ever repay them for all they have done for us.

I know there are bad attorneys but there are faaaaaaaaaaar more good than bad.

Yes..attorneys are like cops.

They suck until you need one.

But since you hardly ever need either one..they both suck most of the time.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:51 pm

My dad and two of my uncles are/were attorneys.

Return to “Your first forum”