When was your last interaction with police?

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

When was your last interaction with police?

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Cooking supper and Cops was on what ever channel.

Watching those folks do anything in their power to avoid arrest made me think, When was the last time I had face time with a policeman.

Other than the kids, my last was as follows:

Coming home from the grocery store about eight years ago, I turned onto the street that leads me to my street. There was some minor road work going on and when I turned there was a barricade about 100 feet back from the intersection, said road closed. There was nothing else there, no equipment, no men, no construction, so I drove around it. Got to my back yard and backed in the rear driveway and started unloading groceries.

Here come the cop, lights flashing, and actually pulled into my property. He jumped out of the car screaming didn't you see the barricade?

Nope said I, it's not visible until you have already made the turn.

Yes it is, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not, etc,etc,etc.

So then I instructed him to remove his vehicle from my property. Turned to Donna and asked her to go take a photo of the intersection. He told her not to leave the scene, I asked if she were under arrest, he said no she was not, and why did I need a picture?

I told him to prove I was correct and please remove your vehicle from my property, he told me he didn't have to as he was in pursuit of a criminal.

That's when it got ugly.

Bottom line he got in his car and called for back-up, I got on my phone and called for back-up.

Turns out the back-up for us both was the same person, Sanger police chief.

He comes rolling up, confers with the officer for a bit and then they come to confront me.

The police chief says to the officer " I would have gotten here sooner, but there is a barricade on 6th street that you can't see until you turn the corner so I had to stop to see if there really a reason why the street was closed or if the construction company just forgot a sign"

The police chief explained to the officer that he was not sure if a traffic violation constituted rolling up onto private property.

Then they left.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Red Oak

Re: When was your last interaction with police?

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Poleece Women : Sir I need to see Driver's License

Me: Here it is and my CHL

Poleece Women: Where is your Hand Gun ?

Me: One in a holster over my right hip, and one under the dash in a Holster attached to the Kick Panel

Poleece Women: Please leave them right where they are

Me: I will

Poleece Women: Where are you headed ?

Me: Home

Poleece Women: Where is home

Me: See that address on the DL ? That is where I live.

Poleece Women: Where are you coming from

Me: My Daughter's House

Poleece Women: One of your License Plate Lights is out

Me: Just one of them ?

Poleece Women: Yes, you can get a bulb at Car Quest or Autozone

Me: I'll get right on it

Poleece Women: Good Night

Me: Good Night

Poleece Women: Where you been ?

Me: Been at my Daughters
Last edited by Red Oak on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am a never Hillaryite!

BillB

Postby BillB » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:36 pm

I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker.
I hadn't even noticed it.
The officer was very polite and thanked me for my courtesy.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:39 pm

It was 2:30 AM I was coming home from my Daughter's House around Conroe; the Police Lady was fishing for drunks. ;)

I am a never Hillaryite!

Allen

Postby Allen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Similar to Red Oaks, but less involved.

The F150 I had before I got this new one would burn through brake or tail light bulbs every 6 months or so on the left side. Six months or so ago a Garland officer pulled up beside me, motioned for me to roll my window down, and informed me very nicely that it was out. I thanked him and he rolled away.

Allen

Postby Allen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Red Oak wrote:It was 2:30 AM I was coming home from my Daughter's House around Conroe; the Police Lady was fishing for drunks. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhar6gN4BFw

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:46 pm

The only reason I was involved with this is because she was a code violation officer and charged my neighbor with his property being infested with large rats, I had to go to court to testify that the large rats were rabbits.

06:17 PM CDT on Monday, June 23, 2008
By DONNA FIELDER / Denton Record-Chronicle
dfielder@dentonrc.com

A Sanger police officer resigned this morning after being arrested over allegations that she switched sale price stickers on clothing at a Wal-Mart to pay less for items that were not on sale, authorities said.

Lisa Diane Kish

Lisa Diane Kish, 33, of Sanger was arrested Sunday on a misdemeanor charge after employees at the Wal-Mart in Denton reported that they saw her and another woman switch tags on some underwear and pants, said Jim Bryan, a Denton police spokesman. Stephanie Grant also faces a misdemeanor charge.

According to the police report, four pairs of panties that were priced at $3 each were placed together on a hanger and a 75-cent price tag was placed on them to apply to all four items, Officer Bryan said.

Ms. Kish and Ms. Grant were both free on $500 bail Monday. Neither woman could be reached for comment.

Sanger Police Chief Curtis Amyx said Ms. Kish was waiting to hand him a resignation letter when he arrived at work Monday.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:50 pm

BillB wrote:I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker.

Ditto.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Last Tuesday.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Allen

Postby Allen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Sangersteve wrote:The only reason I was involved with this is because she was a code violation officer and charged my neighbor with his property being infested with large rats, I had to go to court to testify that the large rats were rabbits.

06:17 PM CDT on Monday, June 23, 2008
By DONNA FIELDER / Denton Record-Chronicle
dfielder@dentonrc.com

A Sanger police officer resigned this morning after being arrested over allegations that she switched sale price stickers on clothing at a Wal-Mart to pay less for items that were not on sale, authorities said.

Lisa Diane Kish

Lisa Diane Kish, 33, of Sanger was arrested Sunday on a misdemeanor charge after employees at the Wal-Mart in Denton reported that they saw her and another woman switch tags on some underwear and pants, said Jim Bryan, a Denton police spokesman. Stephanie Grant also faces a misdemeanor charge.

According to the police report, four pairs of panties that were priced at $3 each were placed together on a hanger and a 75-cent price tag was placed on them to apply to all four items, Officer Bryan said.

Ms. Kish and Ms. Grant were both free on $500 bail Monday. Neither woman could be reached for comment.

Sanger Police Chief Curtis Amyx said Ms. Kish was waiting to hand him a resignation letter when he arrived at work Monday.

What a nitwit. They say everyone has their price, I guess hers was $11.25.

Jami

Postby Jami » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I live in a small town and I interact with them on a regular basis. I especially like to tell Officer A that Officer B was talking smack about him.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:50 pm

In April a series of events left me with a meal prepared for 35 folks and the event cancelled.
So, I took the food over to the the PD to thank them for their service and provided lunch for the officers that day.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Last police interaction was not for any transgression on my part. A guy came to my door selling security systems and after I told him I wasn't interested I called the police because this guy was asking about whether your house had a security system. The police said the company had been issued a permit for door-to-door sales, but that the permit didn't go into effect until the next day. They sent an officer to my house to get a description of the guy so they could cruise the neighborhood and find him. Don't know if they were successful.

FlashM

Postby FlashM » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:11 pm

I think I said "Hi" to a campus cop once.
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

bodine

Postby bodine » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Mine was at least fifteen years ago. I had worked late at my hobby shop the Wednesday before Thanksgiving; and was driving to my MIL's house at Lake LBJ. My wife & kids left earlier in the day; I was driving our van (with our first weim) near Bastrop on 21 around midnight when I was stopped by DPS. I wasn't speeding, so I was curious as to why I was stopped. The dog was going nuts; so I respectfully asked the trooper if I could exit the vehicle. He allowed me to do so. He told me that he had stopped me because I had no light over my license plate. As he was running my drivers license and insurance; I was standing at the rear of my vehicle. I could see that I had a light over my license plate. When I pointed this out to him, he stated that the light was too dim. He gave me a warning, but not before he shone a flashlight in every window of the van. When he asked me what I did for a living, I told him I ran a hobby shop in College Station, and I stayed open late the day before Thanksgiving. It didn't hurt that I had on a custom golf shirt with the my name and the name of the store on it.

I think he was looking for someone hauling drugs or illegal immigrants. When he released me, I examined the light bulb over the license plate. It was coated with dirt. I got a Kleenex from up front, and cleaned the light.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:53 pm

LibraryLady wrote:In April a series of events left me with a meal prepared for 35 folks and the event cancelled.
So, I took the food over to the the PD to thank them for their service and provided lunch for the officers that day.

Any Brownies ? :)

I am a never Hillaryite!

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Not the most recent, but once in Hurst, a couple of buddies & I on a guys night out came out of the Belaire theater after a movie. We walked straight out to the car & Hurst cop came zooming up & said we had to leave. We couldn't hang out there. We reminded him we weren't teenagers (we were in our 40s) with nothing to do and were not going to be talked to as if we were. One of my friends was a Bedford officer & had a few words with him. He drove off, we did a few minutes later when we were ready.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:31 am

Bob Of Burleson wrote:
BillB wrote:I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker.

Ditto.

Ditto.

truep

Postby truep » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:48 am

Right after they changed the law about open containers, I got pulled over for drinking out of a brown water bottle. He didn't give me a ticket since it wasn't beer.

Grassman

Postby Grassman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:26 am

So who here has actually seen the inside of the cross bar Hilton?

Return to “Your first forum”