The FED has stolen 141 billion worth of German Gold

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

The FED has stolen 141 billion worth of German Gold

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:26 pm

After two years of diplomatic struggles and scandals involving the US Federal Reserve, Germany gave up on its attempts to repatriate its gold. In order to save face, Bundesbank issued an official statement that underscores its “trust” in its American partners.

The saga of German gold repatriation started in the aftermath of the European debt crisis, when a grassroots campaign began pressuring the government in Berlin to bring the gold home from New York and London. After a long and difficult media campaign, Bundesbank overcame its initial reluctance and demanded a full repatriation of the Germany’s entire $141 billion gold reserve.

The Fed’s reaction was extremely irritated and the issue of “German gold” became one of the most difficult diplomatic problems in the US-German relations. Every delay and every excuse cooked up by the US Federal Reserve made the campaign for repatriation even stronger, leading to an even deeper mistrust between the parties involved in the conflict.

Finally, Bundesbank was told that it will get its gold back in seven years, clearly showing that the US central banking cartel did something nefarious with the metal it has been entrusted to safeguard. Most likely, the gold has either been sold long ago or “hypothecated” to American banks trading in gold derivatives. According to Bloomberg, after repatriating just 5 tons of gold, Germany gave up.

Bloomberg quotes Norbert Barthle, the budget spokesman for Merkel’s Christian Democratic bloc in parliament, who said that “the Americans are taking good care of our gold. Objectively, there’s absolutely no reason for mistrust.” Critics point out that there are a number of objective reasons for mistrust. One of such reasons is that there never was a German or an independent audit of the German gold store in New York or London. Moreover, the Bundesbank was never able to provide a reason for the lack of audits, claiming that it stores gold “only at central banks of the highest international reputation” and therefore an independent audit is not required.

The decision to halt the repatriation attempts bear the hallmarks of a political concession to Washington. It is very likely that in the long war Berlin will regret this decision because its chances of ever regaining control of its gold are now close to zero. However, there is still some hope left for the German gold. Hours after Bloomberg ran the story about Germany giving up its repatriation attempts, Peter Boehringer, the leader of the “Repatriate our gold” campaign, issued a statement, calling the Bloomberg piece ”a ‘non-news’ article with a wrong headline, strange interviewees, old news, and with a clearly apologetic ideological approach.” He also said that the fight to bring the German gold back will continue.

Reprinted from The Voice of Russia.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Re: The FED has stolen 141 billion worth of German Gold

Postby GFB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Could someone cue the Looney Tunes theme, please?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:03 pm

The central bank met the critics halfway. Last year, it began moving the Paris gold to Frankfurt, pointing out that Germany and France now have the same currency, the euro. Enough of the gold in New York and London will be brought home so half the reserves will be in Germany by 2020.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-2 ... bters.html
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:35 pm

John in Plano wrote:The central bank met the critics halfway. Last year, it began moving the Paris gold to Frankfurt, pointing out that Germany and France now have the same currency, the euro. Enough of the gold in New York and London will be brought home so half the reserves will be in Germany by 2020.

So, the Germans are going to get half of their gold back. Six years from now? And why would anyone believe that?

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:51 pm

planosteve wrote:
John in Plano wrote:The central bank met the critics halfway. Last year, it began moving the Paris gold to Frankfurt, pointing out that Germany and France now have the same currency, the euro. Enough of the gold in New York and London will be brought home so half the reserves will be in Germany by 2020.

So, the Germans are going to get half of their gold back. Six years from now? And why would anyone believe that?

Why would we care?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 pm

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:

Why would we care?
Why should they? If gold has nothing to do with money any more, they should want to get rid of it. Just pay someone to haul it off.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:07 pm

planosteve wrote:Why should they? If gold has nothing to do with money any more, they should want to get rid of it. Just pay someone to haul it off.

Gold has value..sort of like dress shoes.

Gold is not money.

But tell me why you assume our country is being crooked, and you believe something called "The Voice of Russia" that says we stole some German gold?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:32 pm

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:Why should they? If gold has nothing to do with money any more, they should want to get rid of it. Just pay someone to haul it off.

Gold is not money.

But tell me why you assume our country is being crooked, and you believe something called "The Voice of Russia" that says we stole some German gold?

Why do central banks own gold and not dress shoes?
Gold along with silver is the only legal money. Read your constitution.
I find almost everything I read that comes out of Russian more accurate than anything I read from the MSM in this country.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:35 pm

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:

Gold is not money.

Why do central banks own gold and not dress shoes?
Gold along with silver is the only legal money. Read your constitution.
I find almost everything I read that comes out of Russian more accurate than anything I read from the MSM in this country.

We so need the looney faces here.

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:44 pm

The Constitution does not say that only gold and silver are legal tender. It says that no state may declare anything else to be legal tender. There is an enormous difference.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Kiamichi wrote:The Constitution does not say that only gold and silver are legal tender. It says that no state may declare anything else to be legal tender. There is an enormous difference.

OK, your on. What is the difference?

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:55 pm

It keeps any state from evading its debts by forcing some worthless money it dreams up to be accepted in payment.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Kiamichi wrote:It keeps any state from evading its debts by forcing some worthless money it dreams up to be accepted in payment.
You mean like the unconstitutional Federal Reserve Note?

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:26 pm

planosteve wrote:
Kiamichi wrote:It keeps any state from evading its debts by forcing some worthless money it dreams up to be accepted in payment.

You can say this means this or that means that..and "this is the way it's supposed to be!!"

...but all one needs to know is..what IS.

(Especially when it comes to your money)

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:10 pm

planosteve wrote:
That section of the Constitution has no relevance at all to anything the federal government does.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:34 am

planosteve wrote:

your source in Russia must believe it, they made a similar statement

ooh how about commenting on Kiamichis last post
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 pm

John in Plano wrote:
planosteve wrote:

your source in Russia must believe it, they made a similar statement

John, if you loaned me something and later asked for it back and I told you. "Oh I still have it alright, it's all right here. And you can have half of it back, but only in 6 more years", would you believe me?

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 pm

planosteve wrote:
John in Plano wrote:

John, if you loaned me something and later asked for it back and I told you. "Oh I still have it alright, it's all right here. And you can have half of it back, but only in 6 more years", would you believe me?

So you're saying..the Germans trusted the U.S. Government?

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm

..and you and I should come to their rescue?

Sure, no problem..right after I get back every dollar I ever paid to the Federal government that went to pay for anything other than what was defined in the Constitution.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 pm

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:
John in Plano wrote:

So you're saying..the Germans trusted the U.S. Government?
No, they trusted a privately owned central bank that operates unconstitutionally. Most Americans assume it's a part of the government. But, the govt. has no authority over it.

Return to “Your first forum”