The book

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Re: The book

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:trumpbook.jpg

You're accusing the man of being illiterate?
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Like they say..a lie goes around the world before the truth gets it’s pants on.

Especially when you have the entire media ready to spread the bs.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Mark wrote:
LibraryLady2 wrote:trumpbook.jpg

You're accusing the man of being illiterate?

-------------------------------- lots do , 'TDS' is rampant and is seen in news rooms , message boards and all over the place Mark .

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 pm

and Now they pay money and clutch for a book and author that admits he is 'fos' but will whisper in their ears .

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:21 pm

The reason liberals are buying the book is because they can actually read. Republicans could only use it to help prop up the short leg of their card table.

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:34 pm

Back by popular request:

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:34 pm

rusty wrote:The reason liberals are buying the book is because they can actually read. Republicans could only use it to help prop up the short leg of their card table.

Now that there is a knee slapper. Wait I can't read.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:40 pm

rusty

Postby rusty » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 pm

There are none so blind....

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:25 pm

The only thing worse than being illiterate because you can't read is being illiterate because you don't read.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

planosteve wrote:The only thing worse than being illiterate because you can't read is being illiterate because you don't read.

IMO, being illiterate because you won't read is worse--but that is just my opinion.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 pm

LibraryLady2 wrote:
planosteve wrote:The only thing worse than being illiterate because you can't read is being illiterate because you don't read.

IMO, being illiterate because you won't read is worse--but that is just my opinion.

So can I extrapolate from that, that if someone chooses to read a book that the author himself admits it may not be true, and accepts the book on it's contents, is more literate than the person that chooses not to read the book based on the authors statement that it may be fiction, or worse just a vehicle to dupe the readers?

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Sangersteve wrote:and the author says.

Mr. Wolff himself admitted to as much in the introduction to “Fire and Fury.”

“Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are baldly untrue,” he wrote. “Those conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book. Sometimes I have let the players offer their versions, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I believe to be true.”

In other words "I made most of it up"

Yeah, we'll see.
All Life is Feudal

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:34 am

Sangersteve wrote:
LibraryLady2 wrote:

So can I extrapolate from that, that if someone chooses to read a book that the author himself admits it may not be true, and accepts the book on it's contents, is more literate than the person that chooses not to read the book based on the authors statement that it may be fiction, or worse just a vehicle to dupe the readers?

You took a turn there to mean something 100% different from what I meant.

I don't care if anyone reads this book or not.
I am speaking of someone/anyone who knows how to read, but refuses to read any information that would increase that person's understanding of the world he/she lives in.

If a person does not have the ability to read, that person is limited in the knowledge/understanding about the world (social/science/geographical/political). If a person does have that ability, but refuses to read and therefore expand one's knowledge/understanding--then that person is less than the one who lacks the ability.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:
LibraryLady2 wrote:

I am speaking of someone/anyone who knows how to read, but refuses to read any information that would increase that person's understanding of the world he/she lives in.

If a person does not have the ability to read, that person is limited in the knowledge/understanding about the world (social/science/geographical/political). If a person does have that ability, but refuses to read and therefore expand one's knowledge/understanding--then that person is less than the one who lacks the ability.

But if someone doesn't read as much as you say they should, still proves themself to be smarter than everyone around them..succeeding in a number of careers, becoming fabulously wealthy in doing so, and eventually shows that they can lead the whole country and make it a much more successful, safe, and great nation...

You might be not just missing something..you might be getting stuck on a bizarre and worthless concept that we can all see each and every day..is not worth a thought.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:56 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:
LibraryLady2 wrote:

More important than the ability or the willingness to read is the ability to discern BS from fact. Lefties prove time and time again that they do not have that ability.

Back by popular request:

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am

Mark writes , More important than the ability or the willingness to read is the ability to discern BS from fact. Lefties prove time and time again that they do not have that ability.
------------------------------------------------ think thats called COMMON SENSE and i think that libs , dems lack 'COMMON SENSE' or just have an America destroying agenda and plan . One example is when i or others say that some 'illegals vote' illegally in US elections all the libs do is cry , where is the PROOF as they work to hide the PROOF . Plus of course , i think that libs and dems are liars and they lie quite often .

Return to “Your first forum”